1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone a doctor?

Discussion in 'Jobs & Careers' started by LBCJ44, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Apr 13, 2013 at 11:51 AM
    ratrod

ratrod Well-Known Member

Member:
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    2006 Toyota Tacoma Dbl Cab TRD SR5 4x4
    Bilstein 5100s @ 1.75 with 1.5 AAL, Satoshi Grill Mod with 2 Hella 500s behind the grill, LED dome and map lights, custom made (by me) 10" subwoofer box behind the dbl cab seat, DVD/iPod/Bluetooth/GPS/TV/USB/Stereo, Yakima rack, Shell, tinted front windows to match the factory backs. Backup cam in the tailgate handle mod.
    First and foremost you must learn to be a real a$$h0|€. Next learn to be impatient, evasive and talk only in medical jargon so patients don't understand, then leave the room abruptly! Next, learn to treat nursing staff cruely by debasing them in front of other staff. Lastly, learn the art of ordering unnessessary tests. This is critical if you want to drive the land rover mentioned earlier. Seriously, if that's what you want to do, go for it. Specialize in something like ER, cardiology, orthopedics, etc. Like others say health care is changing and it's more about paperwork than patient care. But don't be discourage still a great place to be. Volunteer in a hospital, ER or clinic to see what medicines like.

2. Apr 13, 2013 at 11:55 AM
    woodygg

woodygg Well-Known Member

Member:
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    04 DC Tacoma 4x4
    I have a friend who was dead set on becoming a doctor since he was a kid. Both his parents are doctors, etc. He was just about finished with his residency last I saw him - I've never seen anyone so burned out and jaded in my life. They work him 72 hour shifts in residency. It's tough beyond belief, but if it's what you love and desire, that shouldn't stop you.

To Top