1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone else get a phone call like this?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by aphex, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Oct 26, 2011 at 5:47 PM
    aphex

aphex [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    11 DC TRD OR
    Undercover Classic Tonneau, EGR Aerowrap Bug Deflector, Consolevault Custom Safe, Britax Boulevard 70 Baby Seat!, Retro TRD Shift Knob, Factory Bed Mat, Rear Leaf TSB, 265/75-16 BFG All-Terrain KO's, KMC Enduro Wheels, Front Bilstein 5100's set @ 0" w/ Toytec/Eibach Springs, Rear 5100's, TRD Grille Emblem, OEM Roof Rack, AntennaX 14" Billet Antenna
    Some guy called my parents phone (not sure why they had that number instead of my cell number) and left a message. The guys said that his name was "Phil" and he was from Davis Research in Los Angeles, CA. He said that they were working with a large car manufacturer and wanted to know if I would be interested in joining a focus group to discuss my opinion / improvements related to the 2011 Toyota Tacoma that I recently purchased. He left a phone number and a specific ID reference number for when I call back. He said that they offer $150 to join/attend the focus group.

Anyone else ever get anything like this? Scam? Legit and worth it? Legit but not worth it?

Thanks!

2. Oct 26, 2011 at 5:50 PM
    LBtaco

LBtaco Thread killer

Member:
    Long Beach , CA
    Vehicle:
    15 Nissan Leaf
    Jetsons mod
    my mom got it from buying her avalon about a year ago
    toyota hires focus group companies to do "surveys"

but, they paid her for a few hours of listening and talking

also put her on the list for more focus groups and more $$ if you have the time.

3. Oct 26, 2011 at 5:51 PM
    2010Tacoma4x4

2010Tacoma4x4 "Man Ho"

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Jacksonville, Fl
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 SR5
    Tinted windows, Bug deflector, Rain guards, Bed mat, Rear leaf TSB, Bilsteins front & rear (front set @ 1.75), 16x8 chrome Helo wheels, Toyo open country AT P265/75/R16 tires. CBI bolt on sliders. BSP color matched M1 Satoshi grill. BHLM. UWS low profile black powder coat crosover truckbox. Pioneer DVD/CD head unit - 4 channel amp - front mids & highs - 8" sub box.
  4. Oct 26, 2011 at 5:59 PM
    Monkeyboy

Monkeyboy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Grand Junction, CO
    Vehicle:
    2012 AC TRD Sport
    I've done them - well, not that, but similar. Like for Schick - they sent me some new razors and stuff to use for a few months. I did a different one for a restaurant chain - spent an afternoon trying food and got 100 bucks. And a ton of online surveys.

Good way to make beer money as a college student.

There were probably a dozen others I got asked to do, but didn't pass the qualifications for after initial interviews and didn't get anything for, so it's not guaranteed that they'll use you.

So, no, not necessarily a scam. And Davis Research is an actual market research place. I'd go for it.

5. Oct 26, 2011 at 6:15 PM
    aphex

aphex [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    11 DC TRD OR
    Undercover Classic Tonneau, EGR Aerowrap Bug Deflector, Consolevault Custom Safe, Britax Boulevard 70 Baby Seat!, Retro TRD Shift Knob, Factory Bed Mat, Rear Leaf TSB, 265/75-16 BFG All-Terrain KO's, KMC Enduro Wheels, Front Bilstein 5100's set @ 0" w/ Toytec/Eibach Springs, Rear 5100's, TRD Grille Emblem, OEM Roof Rack, AntennaX 14" Billet Antenna
    Thanks for the info all. I might give a call back just to test the waters a bit. Couldn't hurt to feel them out.

Products Discussed in

To Top