1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

anyone else getting the recall work done?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by jr114, Aug 6, 2010.

1. Aug 26, 2010 at 11:30 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    I wonder if they reflash the ecu, my 5 speed will shift better.:confused: Don't hurt me, I'm trying to comply:p

2. Aug 26, 2010 at 12:05 PM
    JLaScala

JLaScala Super White is gonna treat you right.

Member:
    Snohomish Washington
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport 4x4 long bed crew cab.
    Secondary air filter removal, K&N drop in, Removed front mud flaps, Toyota all weather matts, skid plate, bug guard. Bilstein 5100's all around fronts set at 2.5", OME add a leaf, Goodyear Wrangler Authority 265/70/17, stubby 6.5" antenna, smoked tail lights, blacked out badges.
    I took mine in and requested that only the pedal be trimmed, and thats all they did. It hasn't effected the feel of my pedal at all. And I'm keeping my Tacoma all weather mats, cause they're bad ass.

3. Aug 26, 2010 at 1:53 PM
    megillet

megillet Resident Badass

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Atlanta, GA
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 TRD Sport DCSB MGM 6sp
    I was scheduled to have it done right now (using the dealer's wireless to type this), but I specifically asked to not trim the pedal and order a new one. They didn't, so I won't let them cut it. They are going to order the new pedal, and reschedule when it arrives.

4. Aug 27, 2010 at 3:16 PM
    Blacoma

Blacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
    Vehicle:
    09 Black PreRunner w/SR5 TRD Sport Pack.
    Westin Bull bar and skid plate, leveling kit, chrome tailpipe tip, window vent visors, dark tint, scangauge2, shorty antenna.
    Taking mine in the morning. Just doing it to get the tranny reflash. My pedal doesn't come anywhere near my mats, so I could care less about that mod. Just want smoother shifting.

5. Aug 28, 2010 at 7:28 AM
    Blacoma

Blacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
    Vehicle:
    09 Black PreRunner w/SR5 TRD Sport Pack.
    Westin Bull bar and skid plate, leveling kit, chrome tailpipe tip, window vent visors, dark tint, scangauge2, shorty antenna.
    Just returned from having it done and it did seem to fix the tranny issue. They took about 1/4" off the pedal. They had it done in 45 minutes.

6. Aug 31, 2010 at 8:01 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Did it drop to idle immediately upon putting the brakes on - or was there a lag time?

I just had the work done yesterday. Although, my paperwork is kinda confusing. It says they performed the brake over-ride changes but underneath that sentence, it says "On Avalon & Camry Only"
    So I'm like...WTF???? Did they do it or not?
    I tried it out (so I thought) on an on-ramp this morning and I didn't notice anything happen. Or maybe I didn't have my foot on the brake hard enough and long enough to see the results. There was traffic up ahead, so I really couldn't go nuts trying it out. I guess I gotta call the dealership and find out if they flashed it or not. ??? I could care less about the damn pedal. I'd trust the computer to work before the damn shaved pedal.

7. Aug 31, 2010 at 6:03 PM
    Pster

Pster Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma 4x4
    Bak Flip bed cover, shorty antenna, Peripheral iPod interface, Garmin 750 mount, add'l bed tie down rings, Westin nerf bars, hitch safe, tailgate lock, Ideal 1 3/4" turn-key clamp to secure tailgate from removal, Spare tire security cable, spare tire stainless air hose extender, Fumoto oil drain valve, Amp Research Bed X-Tender w/Schlage Cable Lock, bed mat, Redline hood struts
    Appointment at 7:30 a.m. tomorrow. I have weathertechs and do a lot of highway driving, so I am going to ask them to just do the ECu reflash and leave the pedal alone. I'm short - 5'9" - and don't like to sit with the wheel in my face to reach the pedals......cutting the pedal is equivalent to putting your house on stilts due to a 10,000 year flood risk.....geeeesh. And...there are some people that wouldn't know a gas pedal from a monkeyboy.

Products Discussed in

To Top