1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone ever seen a UFO?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by RadSurfTaco, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Aug 22, 2012 at 10:35 PM
    boardude

boardude BOOMSHAKALAKA

Member:
    First Name:
    Kris
    Tucson, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    '15 Tundra TRD Pro Inferno
    A Yota with more cowbell
    I've seen some crazy shit while driving back from Vegas over the Hoover damn in the middle of the night.. not sure if it was the massive quantity of intoxicants or if the darkness plays tricks on you.

2. Aug 22, 2012 at 10:52 PM
    Hairy Taco

Hairy Taco Jungle of Love

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    North of Hell
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD
    :rasta:g'nite

3. Aug 23, 2012 at 5:34 PM
    Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    They are man-made.

There have been dozens, if not hundreds, of experiments and tests ranging from the abilities of humans to duplicate extremely elaborate formations... duplicated with ease, within the allotted time, and without fault....
    As well as "experts" being brought in to examine these circles and the formations produced by humans fool these "experts" nearly every time.

There's been dozens of shows covering this on TLC... and elaborate formations (such as the fractal) that were done as a part of a competition, end up appearing on alien conspiracy shows and web sites as examples of "real" formations.

Humans can and do create these. There is an entire "toolbox" of surveyors tricks that are used. Some simple, some not so simple, and all requiring skill to execute properly.

But much like Loch Ness.... 10 years after the originator of the myth confessed on his death bed that the whole thing was a hoax, "dedicated researchers" are still claiming it is real, and are spending countless dollars searching... as well as getting their 15 minutes of fame on History channel documentaries.

4. Aug 23, 2012 at 5:40 PM
    Steves104x4

Steves104x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Buffalo NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 RC 2.7 4x4
    BUCKLE UP! It makes it harder for Aliens to pull you out of your Truck.
    Don't know what you're talking about. [​IMG]

5. Aug 23, 2012 at 6:01 PM
    Hairy Taco

Hairy Taco Jungle of Love

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    North of Hell
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD
    You may very well be correct. I personally, am not an expert and have drawn no concrete decisions either way. The whole thing simply fascinates me.
    From the studies and research I reviewed awhile back, it appeared clear that attempts to reproduce what was and continues to become increasingly complex and perfectly symmetrical geometrical patterns proved futile. Furthermore, the fact that farmers were acknowledging that these enormous and complex patterns were appearing in their fields overnight made reproduction beyond impossible.
    I would be very curious to understand how these "experts" are creating these perfect designs without crushing plant stalks. Myself, I have no particular need to believe in anything here, I am simply interested in how things go. Is it electronic tech that they are using to do this?

6. Aug 23, 2012 at 6:20 PM
    09tacorunner

09tacorunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    Duke City
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner TRD OffRoad
    I currently live in Roswell, NM (attending the New Mexico Military Institute) and Roswell is famously known for "UFO spotting"

Its a fun little town to visit cause you see alien stuff everywhere, even some local businesses have designed their business signs with aliens and space ships! there is even a full dedicated museum of UFO and alien activity here!

in conclusion yes i have seen a UFO an "unidentified flying object," could be anything whether it is aliens or military etc.

7. Aug 23, 2012 at 6:32 PM
    taco terror

taco terror 1st gen = best gen

Member:
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    1996 Black Tacoma, 3.4L
    4.56 ECGS regear, Wheelers 6 leaf pack, Eibach coils, Bilstein 5100s, AR Baja wheels, 33 BFG ATs, Line-x
    Yeah I see em all the time. I take a joy ride in them while our visitors go for a spin in the taco. We meet up around 1:30 AM about once a year.

8. Aug 23, 2012 at 6:41 PM
    stewartx

stewartx Well-Known Member

Member:
    Huntsville AL
    Vehicle:
    2012 Silver DC SB TRD Off-Road
    Winch, front hitch, step bars, bed extender, bed step, gull-wing toolbox, tailgate lock, security system, cb radio, etc.
    I'm obviously not familiar with everything, so it's not overly surprising to see unusual objects I can't identify occasionally (in the air, on the ground, or under the water). So far, none of those have proven to be flying saucers.

No aliens, from Area 51 or elsewhere, either. In my opinion, the Roswell debris actually was a balloon, tracking radioactive fallout spreading from the nearby nuclear weapons test areas (which is why it's still secret, like most things related to nuclear weapons).

9. Aug 23, 2012 at 6:42 PM
    BuckNakedBooda

BuckNakedBooda There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Member:
    Woodbridge, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2013 Toyota Tundra Crewmax Limited 4x4
    [​IMG]

10. Aug 23, 2012 at 6:51 PM
    TruckyTruck

TruckyTruck Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Tundra Crewmax TSS Off-Road 4x4, sr5/leather
  11. Aug 23, 2012 at 6:52 PM
    tostidos

tostidos Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Apple Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 LT 6spd
    The Annunaki will return!

And there are several differences between man-made ones and one that cannot be explained. some have the stalks or fields completely missing with no rubble or left over debris. Ive been hooked on ancient aliens and Crop Circles are the least difinitive proof. several other accounts and structures that are un explained and way advanced for the time period they were built.

12. Aug 23, 2012 at 7:11 PM
    dimduk

dimduk Life is a one way trip,enjoy it.

Member:
    First Name:
    patrick
    minnesota
    Vehicle:
    baja
    I'm pretty sure I saw the Aurora spy plane.I spent twelve years in the Army and two of those years were spent at Ft.Irwin playing OPFOR.Right next to Ft.Irwin is Edwards Air Force Base and one evening while sitting on top of my tank I was enjoying an MRE and ramen when out of the east I heard a sonic boom.Looking up I saw two F-15's flying in formation with a gray pear shaped airplane in between,before I could grab my camera the planes were lost in the glare of the setting sun.It was about twice a long a the F-15's but almost featureless,at least on the bottom,no markings or air intakes and too this day it made such an impression on me that I can picture it clear as day.

I'm sure there are other lifeforms in our galaxy but the strange things we see flying in our sky are strictly homegrown.

13. Aug 23, 2012 at 7:22 PM
    JayDirt

JayDirt I owe it all to little chocolate donuts

Member:
    Raises hand!
    We saw a UFO somewhere around Arizona/New Mexico, it was in a mountainous area on the way to New Mexico. Pulled over to take a piss, and off in the distance a strange moving light. It hovered about 300 feet off the ground for a few seconds and then would move side to side at a high rate of speed and change altitude. What ever it was, the light was pointed down towards the ground and was LED like in brightness. Also, it was silent, the only noise you could here were from the occasional car going by on the highway. This was around 3:00am. We thought for a minute about going after it and then said fuck that, let's hi tail it outta here.

14. Aug 23, 2012 at 7:42 PM
    Rich91710

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    A lot of what is reported, such as lack of damage to the plant stalks is highly embellished by yet others who are wanting THEIR 15 minutes....

I've watched time-lapse films of these being done (during the day) and it is quite impressive how it is being done.
    PERFECTLY symmetrical and perfectly sized and oriented... but as I mentioned, these "artists" are using methods that have been used by surveyors for centuries.
    All you need is a couple of visible fixed points and it becomes very easy (for them). Nothing available? Erect something as a reference.

Yes, these are being done in a VERY short time.
    I mentioned competitions... and most of these competitions are held at night.
    http://www.science-frontiers.com/sf083/sf083g13.htm
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crop_circle

On the documentaries, teams in the competitions range from one or two people to a dozen or so, likewise the complexity of their work.

No electronics... just a 2x6 with a couple of ropes attached to the ends, move forward, step on the board, move forward, step, etc....

Yes... the stalks are damaged.

15. Aug 23, 2012 at 7:46 PM
    Rich91710

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    frysufo.jpg

Burbank Fry's.... located on part of the property that used to be the home of Lockheed Skunkworks.

16. Aug 23, 2012 at 8:45 PM
    SoCalTacos

SoCalTacos Turd runner

Member:
    socal
    Vehicle:
    2017 4Runner TRD Pro
    Led head/dtr lights.
    Light isn't the fastest...the neutrino particle was found to be faster than light last year at CERN.
    Ran thousands of tests and every time the neutrino came out first. This doesn't mean we can travel much faster, but it does mean that everything isn't what we think it is.

17. Aug 23, 2012 at 10:58 PM
    t4daddy

t4daddy Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2008 PreRunner Double Cab
    Pretty certain that Loch Ness is real, the monster however...

18. Aug 23, 2012 at 11:04 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Lots of people believe in things , in fact have utter faith , in things there is no discernible proof of .

Just sayin

19. Aug 23, 2012 at 11:09 PM
    BurqueTaco

BurqueTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Albuquerque New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    04 trd tacoma 4x4
    Custom pinstriping, pleasure hole, Fox 2.0 rear, Fox 2.0 coilovers.
    Neutrinos are not faster than light. There are many theories about what happened during that experiment and for you to say that it means neutrinos are faster than light is just ridiculous. It is true that pairs of electrons can react to eachother faster than the speed of light(spin) but it is still generally accepted that information cannot travel faster than light.

20. Aug 23, 2012 at 11:14 PM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    like Sasquatch? idk i hear is real and use to be a member. but now proof. :cool:

Products Discussed in

To Top