1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone Familiar With Wetsuit Type Material?

Discussion in 'Sports, Hobbies & Interests' started by LaTechLogan, Jun 17, 2011.

1. LaTechLogan

LaTechLogan [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Logan
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    '08 PreRunner Sport
    - K&N intake - Pioneer headunit - 2 Kicker 10" subwoofers & amp - Nokya Hyper Yellow foglights - 18" Magnaflow muffler - Bilstein 5100 shocks set to 0" - Eibach coil springs - 1.5" blocks in back
    I'm looking for some rashguard type shorts to wear under my boardshorts. I found some I think I like, but they mention something in the description about keeping you warm in chilly water. The fabric is 6 oz. nylon/spandex. Does anyone know how thick that is in terms of how much heat that's going to hold in? I'm wanting them for the beach and the summer so I don't want something that is going to make me uncomfortably hot. Any help is much appreciated!

2. river rat 69

river rat 69 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Orlando, Fla., Green side of the grass
    Vehicle:
    007, trd, sr5, fmf.
    NO Chrome,3" NFab's steps,TRD skid,Wet okie's.011 grill, k&n,5100's,All this comes right off when the old lady says let's go get a NEW ONE!!!
    Surf in Louisiana???

3. qckslvr2234

qckslvr2234 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    06 Double Cab
    5100's at 2.5, taco lean spacer, Wheelers 3 leaf aal, sway bar relocate, Nitto terra grapplers 285/70/17, spidertrax, custom fishing rod holder, afe drop in filter, 15% tint on front 35% on back, access original roll up cover, BHLM, LED's in cupholder, Plasti-dip badges
    6 oz. is the lighter end of rash guard material. If you are looking for something to wear under boardshorts then this would be fine and I would not suggest going any higher unless the water is cold. I have surfed, bodyboarded and skimboarded all up and down the east coast and I wear a 6 oz rashguard shirt when surfing. If the water is colder then the next option is 8 oz and that will keep you warmer. A 6 oz will hold in some heat though so if the water is going to be warmer or really really hot outside then I would go without it.

4. LaTechLogan

LaTechLogan [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Logan
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    '08 PreRunner Sport
    - K&N intake - Pioneer headunit - 2 Kicker 10" subwoofers & amp - Nokya Hyper Yellow foglights - 18" Magnaflow muffler - Bilstein 5100 shocks set to 0" - Eibach coil springs - 1.5" blocks in back
    Thanks! That's exactly what I needed to know

Haha and no, no surf in Louisiana, but there is wakeboarding and we make trips to the beach pretty often

5. river rat 69

river rat 69 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Orlando, Fla., Green side of the grass
    Vehicle:
    007, trd, sr5, fmf.
    NO Chrome,3" NFab's steps,TRD skid,Wet okie's.011 grill, k&n,5100's,All this comes right off when the old lady says let's go get a NEW ONE!!!
    X La. boy here Grew up in Shreveport moved down here in 1963.

6. qckslvr2234

qckslvr2234 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    06 Double Cab
    5100's at 2.5, taco lean spacer, Wheelers 3 leaf aal, sway bar relocate, Nitto terra grapplers 285/70/17, spidertrax, custom fishing rod holder, afe drop in filter, 15% tint on front 35% on back, access original roll up cover, BHLM, LED's in cupholder, Plasti-dip badges
    No problem. Where you going?

To Top