1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone from Raleigh/Durham?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by bobwilson1977, May 11, 2009.

1. May 11, 2009 at 2:01 PM
    bobwilson1977

bobwilson1977 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    KaliFORN-I-A
    Vehicle:
    96 Tacoma 2WD ( pizza delivery model)
    none except for crappy hub caps and floor mats.
    me and my Wife were in that area awhile back. I kind of liked it, but I also couldn't help but notice that there were craploads of Mcmansions and cookie-cutter developments. Perhaps I didn't see the "nice" areas. I'm more of a country/rural kind of guy. That and I noticed that virtually 70% of the people I met were from "New Joisy".

Just curious to hear general thoughts from people who actually live there. Fill me in about what areas are more "Southern", since I'm a living breathing Southerner myself.

2. May 11, 2009 at 2:31 PM
    schenka

schenka Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 DC LB 4WD
    I used to live a couple hours east of there. My basic understanding is that Raleigh attracts a lot of transplants due to the many academic and science/research jobs there. When I was job searching after the military I was close to accepting a job there, so I did some looking myself (was looking at Cary). I also looked in the nearby town of Rocky Mount - I think that area goes a lot further toward providing the rural feel you are looking for. But I would expect that most areas on the outskirts would fit the bill.

Products Discussed in

To Top