1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone go from Cover to Cap?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by RoyB, Sep 1, 2010.

1. Sep 1, 2010 at 7:43 PM
    RoyB

RoyB [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chicago burbs
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD DC Sport
    Been thinking of swapping the folding cover I have to a Cap. After 2 years I have not really put anything in my bed that a cap would be an issue with. I dig the look and some jack hole down the street has one on his silver off road that makes me want to get one.

To people that have swapped, are you happy? I realize visability will be reduced, but I would like the cleaner look and more functionality of the cap. Also, a dry bed would be nice. The folding cover leaks a bit which is annoying.

2. Sep 1, 2010 at 7:54 PM
    tuckr2

tuckr2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western Washington State
    Vehicle:
    2010 Silver dbl cab LB 4x4 It's Purdy too!
    LT265/70/17 BFG A/T's, Disabled Seat Belt Buzzer, Black and Gray Covercraft Seat Covers front and rear, Matching SnugTop Supersport Canopy, undercoat, bed mat, window vent shades. Black Weathertech Liners. Trans TSB, Rear Spring TSB Installed.
    Love my Cap/Canopy in the Northwest. Yes, visibility can be somewhat limited. You get used to side mirrors. I can say the back window in a Tacoma is about the smallest I have ever seen in a truck. MY F150 had no significant visibility issues as the rear window was pretty big which allowed for better rear view. Own a SnugTop. You can check my pics.
    Buying a canopy with full size windows does help with the view.

Good luck. K

3. Sep 2, 2010 at 3:19 AM
    ETAV8R

ETAV8R 4th MAW

Member:
    Republik of Kalifornia
    Vehicle:
    MGM 09 AC 4WD V6 TRD-OR w/ 2013 FWC Finch
    Grillcraft, Demello Sliders, Bilstein front and rear with OME coils and springs, Wheelers Bumpstops front and rear
    I had a snugtop tonneau on my 99 and I have an undercover tonneau on my 09 but I have ordered a flippac shell. I enjoy getting out there and the flippac is a quick solution to camping that I am very much looking forward to. It all boils down to what you need and will use it for.

4. Sep 2, 2010 at 4:29 PM
    satchsd

satchsd Old Guy Member

Member:
    keller texas
    I had a tri fold at first and it was nice to have lockable storage (i have a dynalock in the tailgate). I recently sold it to a member here and bought
    a leer 100XQ and i really like it. It is wired so it locks with my remote.
    Just finished 5200 mile trip of western us, we really enjoyed just tossing something in the back and locking, or eating lunch on the tailgate, i also installed a bedrug, so its almost like having a suv

To Top