1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone had the Locker Actuator go bad?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas' started by RedskinRedTaco, Nov 10, 2010.

1. Nov 10, 2010 at 11:01 AM
    RedskinRedTaco

RedskinRedTaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD 4x4 Offroad Crewcab
    Trifecta folding Touneau Cover, 275/70/16 LTX M/S, Running Boards, Dynamat, tint, Alpine W404 Video system w/ backup cam, Sirius Sat, Polk Audio Component Speakers frt and back, Alpine 4x50 amp. Billy's 5100's set @ 1 3/4, 1" rear blocks, Rear TSB, trimmed frt mud flaps 4", TRD Exhuast, K&N filter. Electric Brake.
    Brought my truck in for its 30K service and to get my locker looked at. Turns out the Actuator was bad. its getting covered under my 100K power train warranty. Has anyone else had this happen?

[​IMG]

2. Nov 10, 2010 at 11:38 AM
    Crom

Crom Time is precious; use it wisely

Member:
    First Name:
    Mr. Sir
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2009 Double Cab 4x4 Off Road
    A.R.E. MX Shell & Yakima Rack, Stubbs HD-SKO Rock Sliders, JBA HD UCA's & OME 885 Coils and nitrochargers, Dakar leaf packs, u-bolt flip, Flat BajaRack, Kenwood VHF/UHF Radio, Aux Battery, Solar Panels, L-Track everywhere, Goodyear Duratracs, Secured tailgate, 7-pin relocation, Inverter 400W all time, In-cab 110v outlets, Rear-seat 12v outlets., Steering shaft TSB, anytime fogs, DTRL toggle switch, aux turn signals, Diff Breather, ImMrYo mirror bracket, ABS Kill switch, (2) Kid Car Seats, and a Glock 23 with night sights.
  3. Nov 10, 2010 at 12:57 PM
    BlueT

BlueT Well-Known Member

Member:
    NorthEast
    Vehicle:
    07 Dbl Cab LB with LSD
    I moded 1999 Taco so much it had turned to Land Cruiser
    They dont really go bad, its more like they get cranky from not using it. :D
    I bet service guys just remove it and clean it then either install used one back or if on warranty they will order you a new one and have yours for somebody else. :)
    However, if you push them to limits and have them in service for many years at some point they will need maintenance. usually is getting grease inside the actuator or when you bash them on rocks magnets will crack.
    Another item is plug getting screwed because branch had ripped the wire.
    If you have trouble and you are:
    1. On warranty - then go to dealer
    2. Outside warranty - remove it clean it, grease it and called it good.

To Top