1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

    You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

    As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone have a carfax account

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas' started by drewskie, Jun 25, 2010.

  1. Jun 25, 2010 at 5:04 PM
    #1
    drewskie

    drewskie [OP] Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 30, 2010
    Member:
    #38088
    Messages:
    1,075
    Gender:
    Male
    First Name:
    Drew
    Burbank, CA.
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner 4 banger
    And want to share with a fellow truck owner? I had one a while ago and hooked a few people up, who wants tp repay the favor? Thanks.
     
  2. Jun 25, 2010 at 5:05 PM
    #2
    747

    747 function > form

    Joined:
    Jan 27, 2008
    Member:
    #4465
    Messages:
    3,027
    Gender:
    Male
    Vehicle:
    1st Gen.
    Do you think that carfax is accurate?
     
  3. Jun 25, 2010 at 5:07 PM
    #3
    drewskie

    drewskie [OP] Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 30, 2010
    Member:
    #38088
    Messages:
    1,075
    Gender:
    Male
    First Name:
    Drew
    Burbank, CA.
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner 4 banger
    Fairly.
     
  4. Jun 25, 2010 at 8:04 PM
    #4
    05Moose

    05Moose Middle-Aged Member

    Joined:
    Jan 18, 2010
    Member:
    #29613
    Messages:
    2,402
    Gender:
    Male
    First Name:
    Jim
    In the snow (NorCal)
    Vehicle:
    '05 4x4 DC LB SR5 #8 (LSD, Tow Pkg)
    '05 4x4 DC LB SR5 (LSD & Tow Pkg), Timbrens, AAL, 5100s (.85), Owned: 12/3/04 Mods: Fog, Map/Dome Light, Illuminated 4wd Switch, Washable Cabin Air Filter
    You should have answered: Sometimes.

    They've been found to be fairly accurate when a vehicle is totaled and has a salvage title. Beyond that, they're only accurate about 40 percent of the time. The remaining 60 percent will either not show accidents that did happen, or will show accidents that didn't happen. And only the major insurance companies report the accidents. The little ones don't always report them.
     
  5. Jun 25, 2010 at 8:21 PM
    #5
    Kyouto42

    Kyouto42 Iron Beard

    Joined:
    Aug 18, 2008
    Member:
    #8614
    Messages:
    9,157
    Gender:
    Male
    First Name:
    Jake
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BSP '10 4x4 TRD Off-Road DC
    See build thread in signature
    Sure it's not perfect, but it's better than nothing. Also Autocheck (experian's alternative) seems to be a bit more robust. More information is never bad... however if the information is worth the cost is another argument all together.

    Also, no sorry I do not have one...
     
To Top