1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone have a cement Tacoma.... on stock suspension... and 20s :-)

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by Skinny P, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Dec 8, 2018 at 8:54 AM
    stevotivo12

stevotivo12 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Vehicle:
    2016 Silver Tacoma TRD Sport MT
    Front hellwig sway bar,All pro sway bar end links, Fox 2.5 Resi Coilovers and Shocks, Fox 2.5 Hydraulic Bumpstops, Budbuilt Traction bar, Total Chaos UCAs w/ heim joints, Icon AAL, AFE Power Intake with dynamic scoop, URD spec U, URD short shifter, Flossy weighted shift knob, michelin tires, black badges, black tailgate letters, black grill with custom Diaz Fab Devil horn yota logo, retrofit/morimoto HID conversion, red interior LED lights, Pioneer head unit, kenwood excelon door speakers, 2 10" pioneer subs,
    There's no purpose to the hood scoop to begin with!
    Lol but yeah I didn't have it on for long.. didn't actually deflect bugs. Didn't deflect tree branches during snowstorms either RIP haha

Edit actually I guess it sorta did since the branch didn't damage the truck :crazy:

paleh0rse likes this.
  2. Dec 8, 2018 at 8:56 AM
    totmacher

totmacher automotive hypochondriac

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    TN (memphis-ish)
    Vehicle:
    4Runner, Tundra
    Cut & broke off some stuff.
    The 4Runner Limited comes with 20s factory. 2014+ I think. Maybe older too. Check craigslist for a set. I bet same tire size and wheel combo could swap onto Tacoma no problem.

The Toyota marketing brochures and videos even show the Limited on its 20s with street tires following the 4R Trail model down trails through creeks and over rocks.

Skinny P[OP] likes this.
  3. Dec 8, 2018 at 8:57 AM
    stevotivo12

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Vehicle:
    Front hellwig sway bar,All pro sway bar end links, Fox 2.5 Resi Coilovers and Shocks, Fox 2.5 Hydraulic Bumpstops, Budbuilt Traction bar, Total Chaos UCAs w/ heim joints, Icon AAL, AFE Power Intake with dynamic scoop, URD spec U, URD short shifter, Flossy weighted shift knob, michelin tires, black badges, black tailgate letters, black grill with custom Diaz Fab Devil horn yota logo, retrofit/morimoto HID conversion, red interior LED lights, Pioneer head unit, kenwood excelon door speakers, 2 10" pioneer subs,
    What info you need? I've got dual projectors, the swap being a morimoto mini h1, and the drl board is swapped with an Amber to white switchback board to do turn signals, with halos on each projector

4. Dec 8, 2018 at 9:29 AM
    Skinny P

Skinny P [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    How’d you do it? Cost?

5. Dec 8, 2018 at 9:38 AM
    407guy

407guy Well-Known Member

Member:
    407 area code
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD OR 4x4 DCSB Cement
    My worthless opinion is unless going with some lift 20" wheels are a bit much for the Tacoma. They tend to look a like a hotwheels car. But that's just me and why I went with 18" wheels instead.

If you like 20" wheels, go for it. Your truck, your money.

:thumbsup:

Skinny P[OP] likes this.
  6. Dec 8, 2018 at 10:23 AM
    stevotivo12

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Vehicle:
    Ordered from project r, ran me around 700 for parts, labor, paint, and reassembly. I honestly wouldn't recommend. Mine came out alright but not perfect and the process is a bit obnoxious seeing as you either don't have a truck or your stuck with some cheap spare sr5 headlights

Edit and I forgot shipping costs on the cost too. It's not worth it, just buy the first decent aftermarket headlights that are available and that people positively review

7. Dec 8, 2018 at 12:48 PM
    Skinny P

Skinny P [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    Thanks man, ill take your word for it. Probably just keep mine stock then

stevotivo12[QUOTED] likes this.
  8. Dec 8, 2018 at 7:35 PM
    CONQUESTBLACKROCK

CONQUESTBLACKROCK Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 4.0 TRD TACOMA BLACK ON BLACK MURDER
    Airbags rear. Wheels. Roof rack Armor lid.Lightbars and bull bar.battery bank and 2nd inverter.geo fence and tracker.
    Go to the Les Schwab website you can put your vehicle on their wheel customizer and have a blast all day long.

Products Discussed in

To Top