1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

anyone have a Dyson?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Justus, Feb 25, 2013.

?

do you have a dyson or know someone with 1?

1. have one, love it

62.4%
  2. have one, hate it

3.7%
  3. friend/family has .....and hates it

1.8%
  4. friend/fam has......... and loves it

12.8%
  5. want 1

5.5%
  6. ur a jerk, go away

2.8%
  7. i haz apple pie

14.7%
  8. welcome back

6.4%
  9. whats a Dyson?

2.8%
  10. my Dyson has a SKEWP, neeeener neeeeener

15.6%
  1. Mar 4, 2013 at 6:51 PM
    SOSHeloPilot

SOSHeloPilot My 1st Muscle Car

Member:
    U.S.A.
    Vehicle:
    2023 RAV4 XLE Premium
    Missing My Last Tacoma --- Had 11 Toyota trucks in the past and many other Toyota cars too.
    ... ^^^ ... That is the best price I have ever seen on a new (not a rebuilt) unit ... especially the Animal.

And I like the old design (above listed model) better than the new brush system.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
  2. Mar 4, 2013 at 6:56 PM
    mudpuppet

mudpuppet Must pay wife for safe passage

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Somewhere between where Arizona blows and Texas su
    Vehicle:
    Lunar Mist Metallic 03 Taco, X-CAB 4X4 TRD
    American Racing 16X8 Bully Nerf Bars, Toytec 3" w/ Eibach Coils 5100's, Dakars, Poly steering bushings, billet x-cab window latch, XM, trenz billet upper grille, billet lower grille, TRD Skid Plate
    I couldn't believe it either. I bought a refurbished DC-33 for $199 about a year ago. Couldn't tell it had ever been used. This, however, is an incredible buy for anyone in need of a new vacuum.

3. Mar 4, 2013 at 7:23 PM
    KenLyns

KenLyns 8.75" Third Member

Member:
    Belly of the Beast
    Vehicle:
    4x4 TRD Off-Road Full-Auto
    LED Headlights, Volant CAI, 32" Duratracs
    I think many of Dyson's patents expired. Within the last year I've seen Hoover and Eureka come out with multi-cyclonic vacs at lower price points. I got a $100 Eureka Airspeed yesterday to replace an 8 yr-old Eureka Maxima ($80 at Sears in 2005). It has yellow air intake pipes and faux carbon fiber trim. :eek:

4. Mar 4, 2013 at 9:03 PM
    Justus

Justus [OP] fucks not given

Member:
    First Name:
    Nabisco the kid
    In ur toolbox
    Vehicle:
    not so low, not so slow 2006 6 lug
    stockish
    Its here, and she is freaking excited.......gotta head to work tho :(

5. Mar 5, 2013 at 3:48 PM
    coffeesnob

coffeesnob Well-Known Member

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 access 4 cyl 2 wd
    we have had a dyson animal for about 10 years give or take a year or so. The only problem has been that I have replaced the suction hose twice...probably my fault for trying to extend it to far but you can get them on ebay fairly cheap.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  6. Mar 5, 2013 at 3:57 PM
    Gramps

Gramps My walker is faster than your Prius!

Member:
    First Name:
    Gramps
    Colorado! Where else?
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD DC 4x4
    A small handful of select mods.
    One nice thing is they are a relatively easy design and you can buy just about any part for it on their website. Ours is used daily with 2 German Shepards running around the house.

7. Mar 5, 2013 at 4:05 PM
    DGXR

DGXR Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Friend
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle:
    2006 2.7L SR5 2-wheel drive
    I have the DC18 "Slim" model which is perfect for my 1200 sqft duplex. I got it as a gift and at first was a little skeptical because it's very "plasticky" if you know what I mean. My experience is that this vacuum has worked GREAT for 6 years, only receiving regular canister emptying, brush cleaning and filter washing. This thing really sucks!
    Recently had it serviced, they said it is 30% down on suction compared to new. They replaced rubber seals, lubed the motors and bearings, new filter and overall cleaning, now it's "literally good as new" they say. They charged $136 which seemed a little pricey, but the maintenance work was top-notch and this is a good vacuum well worth the cost.

8. Mar 5, 2013 at 5:21 PM
    RI Tacoma

RI Tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Phx sometime soon
    Vehicle:
    2011 Sport DCLB
    OME 885's, Derped FJ TRD Wheels, Hankook Dynapro's ATM 265/75/16's, Retro's, WeatherTech Liners, Fog Light Mod, Bak Flip F-1, N-Fab Steps, 20% Tint, complete stereo, heated mirrors, Katzkin seats!!
    Ive got an Aussie (long hair and lots of it) and the dyson is invaluable in our house. I love the dog, but she sheds like crazy

9. Mar 5, 2013 at 5:25 PM
    lowcountrytj

lowcountrytj Third Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Phillip
    Probably at Work
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCLB TRD SPORT "BLACKOUT"
    They really suck!! the dirt up well. :D:D
    We are also looking at getting one...please let us know your findings!

10. Mar 5, 2013 at 5:58 PM
    Justus

Member:
    First Name:
    Nabisco the kid
    In ur toolbox
    Vehicle:
    stockish
    it sucks for sure..............the attachments (complete model) are pretty handy, especially with the turbo brush thingy.

easy to maneuver after a few tries (just use ur wrist)....the auto adjusting head goes straight from the bare floor onto carpet and back flawlessly.

ceiling fan brush is badass....but imma have to stress that u find a way to hold the fans from turning....and the suction even with the ceiling fan deal is surprising :eek:

smaller footprint than our other vac (now a dedicated garage vac that I hooked up to my circular saw).....

Its got a learning curve, but its well worth it so far.

now to see about those car attachments :D:D:D

BTW, if u get a model labeled as "complete" like we did (DC41 animal "complete") u get a goofy lil carry case for the extra attachments....Sadly it is pretty cool (I wanted to hate it...just like the vacuum)... I used an xmas wreath holder on the back of our hall closet and the bag folds out and hangs by the included "d" ring perfectly.

Dyson.....I wanted to hate you......but Im failing

:broccoli::bowdown:

11. Mar 5, 2013 at 6:14 PM
    lowcountrytj

lowcountrytj Third Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Phillip
    Probably at Work
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCLB TRD SPORT "BLACKOUT"
    Lol...Thanks!
    I can appreciate your excitement! Congrats:D

12. Mar 5, 2013 at 6:17 PM
    Justus

Member:
    First Name:
    Nabisco the kid
    In ur toolbox
    Vehicle:
    stockish
    I know huh :(

she was like a kid in a candy store....we may fight to vacuum now.....till that new vacuum smell wears off I suppose.

I work so much that shes prolly gunna win tho.

13. Mar 5, 2013 at 6:40 PM
    TacoDawgfan

TacoDawgfan Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Silver 4x4 TRD Sport w/JBL
    5100's at 1.75, Rear leaf TSB, Moto Metal 951 16x8, BFG TKO2 265/75/16, AFe Stage 2 CAI w/pro dry filter, Kenwood DDX374BT installed with Idatalink Maestro kit, Access Loredo tonneau cover, N-Fab steps, Tinted windows, EGR in channel vent visors, UGA drink coasters in the front cup holders, and a Graco car seat in the back seat
    I almost bought one since having so many pets was killing our vacuums and I was sick of cleaning and working on them nearly every time we vacuum.

Got to looking into something that would handle the dog and cat hair. Our Eureka reeked. It lasted maybe a couple of years and it was supposed to be a pet vacuum. :rolleyes:

My big thing was the roller kept getting tangled with all the pet hair. Finally the cheap plastic bearing system gave up so I ordered a replacement online. Didn't last a few months and had the same problem so my search began. So I wanted something with a metal roller and real ball bearings! Doesn't sound like too much to ask, does it? I looked at the Dyson's and after hearing and reading how they would handle the pet hair I was almost sold. That is until I looked at one in the store and saw the roller was made the exact same way as the big box brands. :rolleyes:

So after researching I wound up buying a Simplicity. Wound up getting ours for about the same as the Dyson would have been after a coupon. $350 if I remember correctly. It has a metal roller and is very strong. So strong in fact that I've sucked up the power cord in it a couple of times, which the salesman warned me to be careful of. Roller hasn't clogged up yet, aside from the cord that is. :D (knock on wood) It is a bagged system which I actually have grown to like, less mess. Toss the bag and done. The canister from our old one always made a mess. It seems to have lost a little of its power over the years, had it about 4 years now, but that is probably from my lack of upkeep on it, haven't done a thing other than change the bags and I think I replaced a belt once.

It's already paid for itself since the big box ones wouldn't last a year at a time at the rate we were going.

I'm not downing the Dyson, I just couldn't bring myself to spend that much when the whole problem with the others was the roller and seeing the same setup on the Dyson just ended that for me.

Mine is the Symmetry http://www.simplicityvac.com/

14. Mar 7, 2013 at 2:12 PM
    Chipskip

Chipskip N7MCS

Member:
    First Name:
    Chip
    Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    02 Sequoia

Products Discussed in

To Top