1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone have a friend at a smog shop?

Discussion in 'Southern California' started by STR8_BEAST, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Jul 26, 2010 at 12:20 AM
    STR8_BEAST

STR8_BEAST [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Collin
    HB, SoCal
    Vehicle:
    07 PRERUNNER TRD OR
    MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST, SOUND SYSTEM, KENWOOD DNX 7140, WINDOW TINT, REAR TSB, FRONT COIL SPACER, SATOSHI MOD, BHLM, WHITE CALIPERS, CB RADIO W/4FT FIRESTIK, MAGLITE MOD
    It's not illegal in other parts of the u.s. ;)

2. Jul 26, 2010 at 1:15 AM
    WhatThePho?

WhatThePho? Greg Graffin 2016

Member:
    First Name:
    Andre
    HCMC, VN
    Vehicle:
    2006 STi
    The things required to pull bitches
    Its going to be hard to pass without your cats, I work at a smog test station. I did a pre test with one cat off and the HC was way past the limits, If i can find my results I'll post them.

The emission numbers is based off of what the probe in the tail pipe reads. *Hint*

3. Jul 26, 2010 at 1:20 AM
    STR8_BEAST

STR8_BEAST [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Collin
    HB, SoCal
    Vehicle:
    07 PRERUNNER TRD OR
    MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST, SOUND SYSTEM, KENWOOD DNX 7140, WINDOW TINT, REAR TSB, FRONT COIL SPACER, SATOSHI MOD, BHLM, WHITE CALIPERS, CB RADIO W/4FT FIRESTIK, MAGLITE MOD
    pm's sent

4. Jul 26, 2010 at 8:21 AM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now
    Kinda doubt that any shop would "forget" to check anything, why would they risk their business & possible jail time to slide you thru a state required emmisions test ? You do realize that once your VIN is entered that current info is compared to info & results from previous entries, or maybe they'll just "forget" that too.

My advice, just play ball like most of us have to......just sayin'.....:facepalm::facepalm:

5. Jul 26, 2010 at 1:55 PM
    bajamoon

bajamoon Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    STEVE
    Whittier

old people got to bring us down. I would not mess with the cats even if you know of someone that can fix the smog for you. just sayin.

6. Jul 26, 2010 at 6:06 PM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now

Hey "cry baby" wut's up ? PM me for details Steve......:cool:

7. Jul 26, 2010 at 9:33 PM
    peejay

peejay Yep im that Peejay..

Member:
    First Name:
    PJ
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    Running a tricked out rzr xp 4
    Rollin a Hemi, and wheelin a sick xp4
    Hey bro i would leave your cats alone. You dont want the Air Resource Board and DMV both to start messing with your truck. Im going through that right now on 1 of my toys from something the previous owner did. The end result will be that they will not let you register or title your truck in CA... Even if you bought it here.(unless you pay the money to get it back in specs) Now if you have somewhere out of state to register it, then cut em out brotha.. just my .02

Products Discussed in

To Top