1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone have a Rockwood A122 pop up camper?

Discussion in 'Off-Roading & Trails' started by Pogue_Mahone, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Jul 28, 2020 at 8:57 PM
    Pogue_Mahone

Pogue_Mahone [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD Off Road 4X4 DCLB
    According to the website the length is 18' 10"

Thats darn convenient as I can fit this in my garage if so. Dumb question though...does that include the length of the hitch up front or is it just the length of the camper body?

2. Jul 28, 2020 at 9:10 PM
    sparklesthewondertruck

sparklesthewondertruck New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    t-dog
    Vehicle:
    2020 DCLB TRD Sport
    None
    I dont have that camper, but if I'm correct the box on that one is 12' with a total exterior dimensions of around 18'.

Pogue_Mahone[OP] likes this.
  3. Jul 30, 2020 at 9:44 AM
    jbrandt

jbrandt Made you look

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    El Dorado, CA (NOT El Dorado Hills)
    Vehicle:
    '04 TRD Tacoma 4x4 DC
    Kings, J59's Total Chaos UCAs Custom skids Sticker mod
    The problem is that even the "overall lengths" are not always accurate, nor useful. Sometimes they don't include the rear bumper, and if they do, not the spare tire.

Best thing you can do is take a tape measure with you when you go look at one.

Give yourself a foot or 2 on all sides, too, for clearance. If you measure it out and it'll clear with inches, I wouldn't do it.

While storing in a garage is nice and safe, also think about if you have access to the fridge etc... while it's collapsed. If not, you're going to have to pull the thing into the driveway just to pack your stuff for a trip.

Wife and I had a Rockwood tent trailer for several years, and in order to pack the fridge, you had to pop the thing up, and pull out at least one bed (both beds if you wanted to pack the storage bins with clothes/towels, etc...) because the fold down countertop blocked the fridge access. My friend had one that the fridge was right by the main door, and you could just squeeze in the door with it completely collapsed and still load the fridge.

We've both since upgraded to hard sides, now. Definitely doesn't fit in the garage, lol

Products Discussed in

To Top