1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone have experience with a CertiFit grill??

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by storktaylor, Sep 7, 2009.

1. Sep 7, 2009 at 9:04 AM
    storktaylor

storktaylor [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    California, MD
    Vehicle:
    09 Pre-Runner TRD Off-Road
    Bak FLip G2 ScanGauge2 Black Labrador Retriever
    It is steadily raining here so my plans of wash-clay bar-wax have flown out the window :(, so my mind has turned to mods for the Taco :D. Does anyone have any experience with www.certifit.com?? I am having a hard time believing that I can get a complete new grille for $55-$60, but would love it if it is true. I realize that it is not OEM, but since I am planning on painting and cutting it all up, I am not sure that's an issue. I really am not liking the chrome on the front of my Taco, and am thinking about getting one color matched and then doing the Satoshi mod. It might be good to have the original stock one so if I sell it, I could go back to that.

Any input you all may have would be apprecieated.

Thanks

2. Sep 16, 2009 at 8:43 PM
    BLUVVV

BLUVVV LARGE Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryce
    Valley Center, CA
    Vehicle:
    11' A/C TRD O-R PreRunner
    flowmaster 40, blackout headlights, 10'' infinity subwoofer, custom rear enclosure, kicker mono amp. 5100's set at 2.5'', 32'' pro Comp Xtreme M/T tires, Pioneer dub din head unit, K&N CAI, MB Motorsports V-Drive rims
    bump! for me too [​IMG]

3. Sep 17, 2009 at 9:23 AM
    Death_Stalker

Death_Stalker " The Master Ninja"

Member:
    First Name:
    Talha
    Cypress, TX
    Vehicle:
    2010 4Runner Trail Premium
    i bought 2 bumpers from them locally few months ago i couldnt believe the prices either and had to go check it out my self and sure enough pricess are right and the quality of the bumpers were great they are just doing fine for me i am planning on buying a scooped hood from them soon ....

4. Sep 17, 2009 at 9:33 AM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    Tundra, double cab.
    LED interior lights, stubby antenna, Pioneer in dash screen, good driver mod.
    I just saw their factory fog lights for $80. thats a steal, the stealership wants like 200 something for them

5. Sep 17, 2009 at 9:40 AM
    IrishPilot

IrishPilot Well-Known Member

Member:
    MN
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off-Road 4x4 Double Cab
    I looked into this some as well, and by time you buy the hood and then have it painted its damn near the price of a new hood from Toyota...which would of course be the real deal. Did you find something different?

6. Sep 18, 2009 at 8:07 AM
    Death_Stalker

Death_Stalker " The Master Ninja"

Member:
    First Name:
    Talha
    Cypress, TX
    Vehicle:
    2010 4Runner Trail Premium
    well see this guy in Houston quoted me 200 bucks to paint the hood my understanding is that getting it from the stealership or online will not be less than $500. from certifit buying a hood and getting it painted would only cost me about 300 to 350 dollars and if i sell my original one which is scratchless i can get some of my money back...

7. Aug 23, 2010 at 10:08 AM
    619Tacoma

619Tacoma Baja bound

Member:
    First Name:
    Call me Rocco
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5, Sport, 4dr
    - Billstein 5100's all around with OME 885 coil springs. - K&N Air Filter - HID Headlights & Fogs - Kenwood Stereo & Infinity Speakers - CB Radio, - Fog On Anytime mod - Anti Tailgate theft mod. More comming...
    I'll be picking up a Grille from Certifit tomorrow morning, here in San Diego. I was going to buy it from PartsGeek for about $40... BUT Certifit is like 5 miles from my place and the grill is $37 plus tax. So I don't have to worry about it getting damaged during transit or have to wait for it either.

I'll be using the Certifit grille while I Satoshi my OEM one (i'll be taking my sweet ass time)... Then when I'm all done, i'll be selling it.. Just FYI for anybody that might want to do the same. I work as a shipper so i can guarantee it'll be packaged up REALLY good.

Will report back on quality of Certifit grille.

To Top