1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone have experience with the Thule Xporter (truck rack) ...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by averagejp, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Aug 22, 2016 at 10:20 AM
    averagejp

averagejp [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2005 Black Tacoma Extended Cab
    Work in progress
    This is such as great resource -- especially for a no knowledge person such as myself ... !

I recently purchased a 2005 Tacoma (with only 38,000 miles on it and in great condition) which I plan on using for car/truck camping and light off road.

I would like to put a roof top tent on the truck but also have a flexible rack for other things, such as a canoe, etc.

There are so many great threads here and so many great racks out there. I am looking at ARB but find the Thule Xporter Truck Rack very useful for not only tents but lots of other flexibility since the system can be raised and lowered.

Looking for anyone who has experience with this Thule product. Does it work? Appreciate any and all feedback -- good, bad or indifferent.

Thanks ...

2. Aug 22, 2016 at 10:23 AM
    averagejp

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Work in progress
    Needless to say, I don't think the folks at Thule are big on group buys -- the one drawback to this system is the price ... !

taco06 likes this.
  3. Aug 22, 2016 at 11:14 AM
    kja78

kja78 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma TRD Off Road Double Cab
    If you have a Long bed yes works great. SB it doesn't go all the way down unless you modify it. Great system though. RTT I am not sure of the weight limits.

4. Aug 25, 2016 at 9:02 AM
    averagejp

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Work in progress
    In case anyone is interested, REI is having its Labor Day sale and all racks (Thule and Yakima) are 20%. That helps bring the price of the Thule Truck Rack (Xporter) into the nearly acceptable range. :)

Products Discussed in

To Top