1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone have kidney stones?

Discussion in 'Health' started by TnRedNeck721, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Mar 2, 2013 at 4:10 PM
    teamhypoxia

teamhypoxia MichelinMan

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    '12 DCSB TRD OR
    Been there, done that.
    Want to know what it's like?
    Lay flat on your back and have a buddy sit on the floor next to you and strap a knife to his heel. Have him grab your left arm in one hand, your left leg in the other, put the bladed boot in your side (3 or 4 inches above your hip bone) and pull on your arm and leg as hard as he can while driving his heel into your side.
    That ought to be real close to the actual experience.

2. Mar 2, 2013 at 4:26 PM
    kai38`

kai38` Well-Known Member

Member:
    I woke up with a dull pain to lower left back, it slowly radiated to the front lower left and to my left nut. Pain is always worse at 1:30 in the morning, I got up looked on line to see what it might be on MEDDOC and it was either nut cancer, a twisted nad, Sickle Cell Anemia, kidney stone or I was pregnant. I also couldn't piss
    An hour later the pain was horrible I woke my daughters up to drive me to the ER, enroute I called my fire station to meet the ambulance the pain was so F'n bad, of course they were out on a run. By the time we got to the ER I couldn't stand while checking in, I was taken into a room, stripped down and had what felt like a 2x4 rammed up my pee hole, two shoots of morphine didn't put a dent into the pain at all & I was given something else that did the job. The nurse in the room (a male) told me he knew how bad it was because he lost a nut in Iraq, I told him that made be feel like a little girl all the theatrics I was doing because of the pain. I told them to send my daughter home and I was out for 4-5 hrs, no telling what they did to me in the ER.
    I had never passed a stone before and hope to never do so again

3. Mar 2, 2013 at 6:31 PM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

DAMN !!! Like passing a lumpy mis-shapen bowling ball with spikes on it....:eek::eek::eek:

4. Mar 2, 2013 at 7:55 PM
    Supra TT

Supra TT Supercharged Lifter

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    2000 SAS D60 F/R Supercharged
    Supercharged on One Tons
    I passed a kidney stone at the age of 11... It was 4mm is diameter. During the time it was traveling from the kidney to the bladder was ABSOLUTELY HORRENDOUS. It was a large stone for anyone the doctors said...

I sat there in bed for days while it tried to pass in pain, they had given me Percodan and other pain killer but that shit did nothing. I finally passed it and didn't even know after like 4 days.

5. Mar 2, 2013 at 8:04 PM
    SoCaltaco65

SoCaltaco65 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCSB 4x4 Offroad TRD
    Yes I have had them, its wicked crazy painful, if they are over 5 MM( millimeters) and shaped like a star fish in many cases they have to operate or use ultra sound to break them up, either way its a long painful process.

Hope all goes well.

6. Mar 2, 2013 at 8:10 PM
    docbrown

docbrown Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma SR5 4X4
    Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, Eclipse 6620 AVN GPS/DVD, K&N Drop-in Air Filter, Hose clamp mod, Redline Quick Lift Elites, Bilstein 5100's at .85, Firestone Ride Rite Air Bags, Weather Techs front and back, Bug Guard, and Factory Bull Bar, Wet Okole's up front, Bed Mat, LED interior lights, Fumoto Oil Valve
    I had one hit me one morning getting ready for work. I handle pain pretty well, but I actually passed out from the pain. Came too with my wife standing over me on the phone to 911. Ambulance got there, loaded me up and headed to the hospital. I was throwing up and shaking so bad I could not stop. Turns out it had embedded and they had to go get it out after a couple of days trying to pass it at home. WONDERFUL drug - Toradol. Four doses of morphine did not touch the pain, but the Toradol took it from a 10+ to a 3 in a matter of minutes. Bonus, no loopy feeling with the Toradol (I hate that drugged feeling). Downside is you can't take it too long or it will burn up your liver.

Feel for you. Hope you get better soon!

7. Mar 2, 2013 at 8:43 PM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 [OP] Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    lol. thats what i had blood in my urine. it’s all gone now thank god. if it happens in a day or 2 i’ll call doc for sure. idk should just been a freak thing or something.

8. Mar 2, 2013 at 8:49 PM
    TnRedNeck721

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    i’m not really worried. but i think they said i’m at risk since dad has had (i want to say 3+) and one brother has had 2+.
    thanks. all looks good now. one think will be to see how it is in the morning.

9. Mar 2, 2013 at 9:01 PM
    ChamYota

ChamYota Crash Bandicoot Or Groot AKA Cham "Scottalot" Yota

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Columbia,South Cakalacky
    Vehicle:
    05' Taco 4x4 swapped/ 2007 Toyota Land Cruiser
    H1 Morimoto projector with XB35 4300K bulbs with Mini-gatling gun shrouds, BHLM. Debadged,OEM roof rack,TW sticker,Sockmonkey Beside decals,265/70/16 Nitto terra grapplers with dick cepek DC'2 wheels,weathertech floor liners(front/back),USA Spec Ipod reader,Scanguage II,Bestop Supertopper and more in the works...
    Holy, this kidney stone thing sounds absoultely horrible, i hope i never have one, all i drink is water/sweet tea/juice.

I may have to watch the sweet tea after reading all of this...

10. Mar 2, 2013 at 9:03 PM
    TnRedNeck721

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    yeah i don’t want to have one either. but first thing i thought when i saw blood in my urine was kidney stones.

sadly i’ll probably have one or more in my life.

11. Mar 2, 2013 at 10:09 PM
    ABA180

ABA180 It burns when I pee....

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    East Bridgewater MA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Regular Cab Slider
    Pioneer CD, Megaloud/JBL amps, Rockford/Polk speakers.
    Mine was just a trace amount of blood. The doctor even said it can happen and ultimately be normal in that there's no cause, but they had to check and make sure.

12. Mar 6, 2013 at 7:33 PM
    WVtriple

WVtriple Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    WV eastern panhandle
    Vehicle:
    07 DC TRD Sport
    Satoshi grill mod, Redline Tuning Hood struts and tailgate E-Z down, HID headlights and fogs, LED tail lamp upgrade, TRD exhaust, FJ TRD Anthracite Wheels, T-REX eyelids, power sunroof, 5100 Billies and ToyTec AAL, K&N drop-in, TRD seatcovers, Weathertech floor mats, Fog light any-time mod, Pop-n-lock, slotted front rotors with ceramic pads, BenWa power rear slider mod, blackout badges, and blacked out center stack and console. 7" HID's behind the grill. LED light bar in the lower grill. Trailer plug relocate. Auxiliary reverse LED's wired in to be manual or auto on when in reverse.
    It felt like.....hell I can't even describe it. My wife drove me to the ER in the middle of the night, she thought I was having a heart attack. Next day had surgery, spend the next 10 days with a catheter in my pee-hole and still ended up shooting a small pea sized stone into the toilet.:eek: The Dr. said the pain was from it moving through my kidney. Plus one to all who say drink cranberry juice and water with a squeeze of lemon juice.

13. Mar 6, 2013 at 8:00 PM
    PCHearn

PCHearn Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Moore, OK
    Vehicle:
    11 PreRunner SR5
    I'm 65 and have had LOTS and LOTS of kidney stones. God, they hurt. They started when I was in my mid-20s. I used to keep them in a pill container. I filled it up, and then I stopped keeping them. I've had Lithotripsy a half dozen times. Heck, I had to have it twice for one of the stones. About 15 years ago, I started taking a prescription called Urocit-K, basically potassium. I take four 1080MG tablets per day. Since I started taking this medication, my stones have slowed to about one every other year. Last year, I cut back to only two tablets per day and within a month, I had two stones. Yep, I'm back to four tablets per day.

14. Mar 6, 2013 at 9:30 PM
    TnRedNeck721

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    well idk if mine was a stone or not. i did have ultrasound of my kidney and bladder today. everything looked good so thats good that it is not anything worse. also glad they did not see any stones starting to build up or anything.

dang! and yeah i got me some cranberry juice the other day.
    :eek::eek: damn man! I hope i never have one!! and never need to take that much medicine!

15. Mar 6, 2013 at 9:34 PM
    NW4RUNNER

NW4RUNNER Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    4 runner trail
    hahahah............. nice. Lithotripsy is super high frequency US that can break them up. Ill pass on kidney stones please. Not really for me. Thanks.

16. Jun 12, 2013 at 10:13 AM
    TacoCat

TacoCat These pretzels are making me thirsty

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny-5
    Chantilly, VA
    Vehicle:
    22 JLUR 6MT
    I had kidney stones back in 2008. Worst pain I've ever felt. They wouldn't come out either. The doctor ended up using the lithotripsy thing to breadk up two of the largest ones. The others were knocked around by the procedure and all ended up coming out. I think i pissed blood for the next couple days after that and my kidney hurt like hell. Only happened in the right side one.

17. Jun 12, 2013 at 10:25 AM
    Chipskip

Chipskip N7MCS

Member:
    First Name:
    Chip
    Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    07 Tundra
    I have had them twice.

The first time I was 22 and staying with my parents, I woke up in the middle of the night is such pain that I could never describe it. Only thing that help, barely, was laying on ice cold tile in the bathroom. I crawled halfway down the stairs, planning to drive myself to the ER, when my mom got up and drove me. They gave me some great drugs. Took three days to pass that one. I was scared to pee; I would hold it until I was about to burst and then I would go scream like a girl in a horror film that just realized the murder was inside the house.

The second time wasn't as bad, but I knew what it was right away and got to the doc for drugs right away and drank so much water that I was pissing 24/7.

I am sure that I will have them again, but I pray that it doesn't happen.

For reference, I have also had appendicitis. Something I am thankful that I can never go again. I am not sure which pain was worse.

18. Jun 12, 2013 at 10:41 AM
    choppersx

choppersx ZoMbiE aLeRt

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    1968 Ford Mustang
    Lifted Bilstein shocks 5100's Front set 1.75, Rear set 1.5 ICON 3 Leaf Progressive add on / Lights-Retrofit with Halos & interior Dome / Tinted windows/AFE PRo Dry Air Filter / Go Rhino Bars / Flowmaster Exhaust 50 series
    I had Gallbladder stones i heard there about the same, lots of vomiting :puke: with lots crazy of abdominal pain , sweat like crazy and yellow face.

After 2 emergency visits at 4am to the hospital , made an appointment to have my gallbladder removed. 4 small incisions in my stomach and bingo good as new now.

My buddy had the same type of surgery but in hes case they needed to break the stones down to get them out.

Good luck

19. Jun 12, 2013 at 10:43 AM
    BamaToy1997

BamaToy1997 Wheel Bearing Master

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Navarre, FL
    Vehicle:
    1997 Tacoma 4X4 AKA "Blue Beast"
    best wheel bearings around! www.marionbumper2bumper.com
    My second kidney stone was the worst I had ever passed. I had 3 epideral shots at the hospital and eventually was put on a morphine drip to EASE the pain. It still hurt like freaking hell! total of 10 hours of having to deal with this SOB. When it finally passed the doctor said it was approximately 7.5mm in diameter. I saw the dang thing and it looked like a pissed off porcupine! I would rather crap out a bowling ball than do that again. Went to almost exclusive non-caffeine drinks ever since, and that was over 10 years ago.

Other painful things was a gallstone. Not quite as bad as a kidney stone, but still hurt like hell, and I had a hernia when I was like 6.

20. Jun 12, 2013 at 11:07 AM
    rleete

rleete Grumpy old man - get off my lawn

Member:
    First Name:
    Roger
    Rochester, NY
    Vehicle:
    Base DC, SR5, TRD Sport
    Billet grill
    Take vitamin D to keep the calcium in your bones and out of the bloodstream. Since I've been on it, no more stones. 5000 units a day - one pill- makes all the difference.

Limiting calcium intake has shown to not make any difference. Limited calcium will lead to osteoporosis in later years.

Products Discussed in

To Top