1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone have this happen?

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by MotoXdoer, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Apr 18, 2010 at 12:03 PM
    MotoXdoer

MotoXdoer [OP] taco?

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    San Luis Obispo, Ca
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner 4.0 a/c beast
    k&n cai 63 series intake, blacked out headlights, blacked out tailights, magnaflow pro offroad 17115 dumped, URD competetion y-pipe, total chaos 3.5" long travel, fox 2.5x8" remote resevoir shocks, allied 4" spindles, toytec 2" AAL, 20% tint up front and 5% rear, satoshi grille, ddm 50w 6000k hid's. wet okole custom trd seat covers with heaters. 4:56 nitro gears with arb rd129 air locker, arb ckmta12 dual air compressor.
    so i started my truck 2 days ago and removed the parking brake and put the truck in drive and the truck wouldnt move. felt like the brake was still on. it wasnt. so i put it in neutral then back into drive and it was fine. then yesterday, it did the same thing in reverse. also last nite, i was driving to the store and the shift pattern was really wierd. it shifted really low rpms like a manual trans to keep the rms low. im thinking a flush wont help. will my warranty be viod if i have the 285 and lift on the truck? anyone had this happen?

2. Apr 18, 2010 at 12:50 PM
    tacomakid96

tacomakid96 Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    Out n' about
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma
    Airbags, Projectors, Bilsteins front and rear, FM 50 series, URD clutch/TOB, Leer canopy, 265/75/16 Duratrac's...
    I have heard of people's trucks acting weird when you put it into a gear. Definently doent sound good imo.

3. Apr 18, 2010 at 1:07 PM
    Blackshirts

Blackshirts Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    TX
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner
    Headlight mod, sound system. MB Motor Sport Rims. Black Tails. 5100's, 885, grill craft, Fogs, N-Fab Step Sides. BFG TKO Tires, Wet Oks, LED map lights and dome, LED gauge mod
  4. Apr 20, 2010 at 12:40 PM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    Tundra, double cab.
    LED interior lights, stubby antenna, Pioneer in dash screen, good driver mod.
    get the transmision TSB done.
    that might help. Ive had my ebrake cable stick once or twice before.

5. Apr 20, 2010 at 5:26 PM
    Timber

Timber Crankey Old Yacht Jockey

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    San Pedro Bay Ports
    just a couple comfort items.
    Mine has done it once or twice. I just put it in reverse, seems to break it loose easy. I even hear the shoes snap back. I have had the drums off a couple times and everything looks good. I think it happens for me when I put the e brake on then put the truck in park while on a slight hill. The slight roll forward binds the shoes up slightly. I think anyway???

To Top