1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone in Riverside?

Discussion in 'Southern California' started by volcomstone1223, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Jan 7, 2014 at 11:42 PM
    volcomstone1223

volcomstone1223 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Lake Havasu City
    Vehicle:
    05 Taco LSupreme
    Solo DMZ
    I might be moving down to riverside in the next few months from south dakota. Any recommendations for neighborhoods to live in? Going to be looking to rent a house, maybe even buy but idk yet.

2. Jan 8, 2014 at 8:03 AM
    Gabex35

Gabex35 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gabe
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra Limited 4x4 Crewmax
    i'm from riverside but now in San Diego. its freaking hot there. prepare yourself

as far as locations, it all depends on what area you are moving too, riverside is not small and not huge. i grew up around poly high school, that whole area is pretty nice older homes with respectable family types living there.

i see the airforce thingy under your name, i'll assume you are going to march ARB. the area west of that on alessandro is pretty nice. moreno valley is north and east of March so i would stay away from that area.

pm me if you'd like more info

3. Jan 14, 2014 at 2:58 PM
    kasnerd

kasnerd candied bacon

Member:
    SoCal Yokel
    Vehicle:
    '14 SC LT Mall Runner
    Mods? Yes, oh yes..
    Born and reared in Riverslime, now in Redlands. There's tons to do around in the IE.

Riverside USED to be a fun town to cowtrail and tool around in the hills, not so much anymore. The RPD and Sheriff have birds up all the time now...

Highly suggest getting south and north into the deserts, and of course the local mountains.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
  4. Jan 16, 2014 at 9:11 PM
    jamco20

jamco20 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Socal
    Bilstein 5100's up front
    I live in Moreno Valley which is right next to Riverside. Riverside is nicer than Moreno Valley...this winter has SUCKED for us though. But yeah there's stuff to do in Riverside, they have a nice mall.

5. Jan 16, 2014 at 9:14 PM
    Justus

Justus fucks not given

Member:
    First Name:
    Nabisco the kid
    In ur toolbox
    Vehicle:
    not so low, not so slow 2006 6 lug
    stockish
    prepare your lungs

6. Jan 16, 2014 at 11:22 PM
    volcomstone1223

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Lake Havasu City
    Vehicle:
    05 Taco LSupreme
    Solo DMZ
    Haha. I used to live in havasu i can handle the heat.Yeah ill be going to March ARB. Been searching for houses and just need to figure out where is nice, I wont be heading down there until after April If i end up moving there.

7. Jan 16, 2014 at 11:22 PM
    volcomstone1223

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Lake Havasu City
    Vehicle:
    05 Taco LSupreme
    Solo DMZ

Lol.

8. Jan 16, 2014 at 11:59 PM
    BDBSoCal

BDBSoCal The Safety Guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Silver 2008 SR5 V6 4x4 TRD Sport
    Just starting...
    The best neighborhoods near Riverside are in Rancho Cucamonga.

9. Jan 17, 2014 at 12:04 AM
    BDBSoCal

BDBSoCal The Safety Guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Silver 2008 SR5 V6 4x4 TRD Sport
    Just starting...
    Seriously though, your short drive to March will be from the Canyon Crest area. Look for things near Alessandro Blvd, which actually goes to March ARB up over the hill, avoiding freeway traffic.

It's pretty expensive compared to most of the U.S. though. Try Realtor.com and compare home prices. You might be better off renting in Canyon Crest to start, then driving around for a couple of months to see what you like in your price range. There's some interesting neighborhoods over by UC Riverside too; not the best but you get all those college town amenities.

10. Jan 17, 2014 at 12:17 AM
    Justus

Justus fucks not given

Member:
    First Name:
    Nabisco the kid
    In ur toolbox
    Vehicle:
    not so low, not so slow 2006 6 lug
    stockish
    atleast they know how to make real breakfast burritos and real pastramis there.........

do miss :(

11. Jan 22, 2014 at 12:49 PM
    kasnerd

kasnerd candied bacon

Member:
    SoCal Yokel
    Vehicle:
    '14 SC LT Mall Runner
    Mods? Yes, oh yes..
    My neck of the woods (20+) years was in Canyon Crest and up above off Alessandro and Via Vista under the flight plan for March. Also lived on Central Ave and Canyon Crest in some town-homes next to Sycamore Canyon Park. I would highly suggest looking around there as the trees make a HUGE difference in the summer and being down in the canyon a little along with the shade was an easy 10 degree difference. Also it is a completely different experience to live in those tall trees. Just seems quieter, more green and just relaxing, because Riverside and the IE in general is a dusty, miserable swath of suburbia, asphalt, traffic and more dust.

600 Central Ave Riverside, CA 92507 Google has a street view inside the condo complex. The condos were sold and they jacked up the rent, but on the "outer" ring of units are privately owned, and they do rent them out...wish I would have gotten one of those instead. All of the places have detached locking garages with attic storage and electricity (not common around here, most apts are covered parking).

Canyon Crest has a good bevy of restaurants, coffee, car wash, gas, doughnuts, veterinarian, gym, banking, grocery, rite aid, etc etc etc all right in the town center...very convenient!!

Distance to MoVal and March is minimal and would recommend that side of the hill compared to over on Alessandro. There are the same ammentities up top at Trautwein. Also, main arteries up the hill are Alessandro and the freeway, but there are a few roads that run through that are the ideal way to get to and fro when traffic is miserable (read: all the damn time and while not always faster, its consistent).

I know that town like the back of my hand along with renting, neighborhoods, local hole in the walls...just let me know what you are looking for.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
  12. Jan 24, 2014 at 8:08 PM
    14TACO4X4

14TACO4X4 Mmmmm... Beer

Member:
    First Name:
    Shawn
    Temecula
    Vehicle:
    18 RAM EcoDiesel
    Laramie
    Riverside county, IMO mind you, has 2 nice cities. Temecula and Murietta. Both are in the southwest part, close to the SD county line.

Both are close to the I-215 that'll take you right to the base.

13. Feb 26, 2014 at 4:24 PM
    jfwalsh

jfwalsh Well-Known Member

Member:
    southern california
    Vehicle:
    2014 Spruce Mica 4wd DCLB TRD Sport
    TRD Exhaust, Front Skid, Running Boards (black)
    I am also in the area. If you can stand a bit of a commute (30 min or so), much better to live in Temecula/ Murrieta. Plus, Temecula and Murrieta put you within an hour of San Diego beaches.

14. Mar 2, 2014 at 3:33 PM
    imsikotic

imsikotic If u cant stand behind our troops. Stand in front

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Temecula, Ca
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport DesertRunner
    4" Camburg Race Spindles and Icon 2.5" ext travel Coilovers in the front for about 5"of lift and for the rear All-Pro 3" leaf pack and Fox 2.0 Resi's converted to piggyback and custom valved by DownSouth Motorsports. 17x9" KMC XD Addicts w/ 4.5 inch Backspacing and -12 Offset. Wrangler Duratracs 285/70/17. K&N CAI, Exhaust, Carriage Works Billet Grill, Custom Bed bar with ProComp fog lights,DirtKing Fabrication front bumper w/ 3 HID converted Hellas, Demello rear PreRunner bumper, Tinted windows, Full System w/ 2 10s, Garmin 265WT, ClearHLM. Theres more I just cant think of it right now.
    I live in Temecula. I love it here. 1.2 hrs to the desert. 45mins-1hr to San Diego, 3-4 to Big Bear. The housing market isn't ridiculous yet. Still kinda has that small town feel.

15. Mar 9, 2014 at 8:43 AM
    REDdawn6

REDdawn6 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Redlands CA.
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma TRD 4x4
    Riverside used to be bad ass!!! Now it's enemy territory!!!

Products Discussed in

To Top