1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone in So Cal been out here?

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by XxMalfunktionxX, Sep 2, 2007.

1. Sep 11, 2007 at 4:26 AM
    ZonKs

ZonKs Can speak french in Russian.

Member:
    First Name:
    Ted
    Glendale, CA
    Vehicle:
    2018 Sport DCSB 4x4
    =p
    Im not a big handgun fan, but if i were to get a new one, it would be a P229R in .357 SIG. Now thats a burner of a round. I reload of course.

Ted.

2. Sep 11, 2007 at 8:25 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    Malfunktino: i dont know if they had the full moon clips back in the day or not. As far as i know they only work with ACP rounds but maybe they had a something similar to a full moon they used back then, i dunno. I believe the Glock 22 is the full size police issue .40 right? i have shot my buddies and i like it but its too big to conceal. I have the model 23 which is the perfect size. and hollow points are the only way to go for self defense.

Jhodge: i have absolutely no doubt that the blackhawk is a blast to shoot.... how many times have you broken your wrist just pulling the trigger? Seriously though, my dad sent me a video of a guy shooting a .50 cal revolver for the first time. When he pulled the trigger i guess he wasn't prepared for the recoil and it shot backwards out of his hand and out of the screen... now thats what you need to get

Zonks: even with self loaded rounds the .357 is a dangerous gun. the round is so small and it has such a high velocity, even with hollow points the chance of collateral damage is way to high to make me comfortable. I dont want to worry about where that bullet goes after it hits someone, i want it to stop somewhere inside them.

3. Sep 11, 2007 at 1:47 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    nah...it wasnt that bad...it did throw my hands up pretty good though

4. Sep 11, 2007 at 2:55 PM
    ZonKs

ZonKs Can speak french in Russian.

Member:
    First Name:
    Ted
    Glendale, CA
    Vehicle:
    2018 Sport DCSB 4x4
    =p
    True. Its a hot round at 1300+ fps. And its known for its ability to penetrate. I only mentioned reloading cause if i diddnt .357 SIG would send me to the poor house. Only prob is the bottleneck case, which means less reloads per.

Of course, you dont actually have to point your weapon at someone, you could just shoot it at the floor and the fireball alone from a .357 SIG would scare anybody off.

Ted

5. Sep 11, 2007 at 5:23 PM
    XxMalfunktionxX

XxMalfunktionxX [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orange County,California
    Vehicle:
    2008 4x4 TRD SPORT SR5 Double Cab
    K&N Drop in, Bilstein 5100's in front with Readylift kit on top for a 3 in. lift in the front and a 1 in. block in the rear. Next project is going to be TRD Supercharger and Camburg coilover long travel system with custom skid plate and tubes. Maybe some new tires and wheels then..
    I gotta say.."Do you feel lucky punk?..well..do ya?"

hahaha...

6. Jan 19, 2008 at 1:32 AM
    ERdept

ERdept Well-Known Member

Member:
    I'm up to going whenever you do. Just call me at 562-760-1075. I don't have 4X, so need to go when it's dry.

Got the .308's, 9mm, and 12 g. Want to do some reloading drills and practice for 3 gun and IPSC competition.

OR

PM me.

Good to know there are like minded people here. Gun owners are some of the most genuine and righteous people I know.

7. Mar 2, 2008 at 7:36 PM
    revn247

revn247 Active Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road 6spd Toytec stage 3
    Eclipse AVN-6620 w/ Sirius

I thought Hodge was closed? I heard they built a cell tower and closed the place down? Can someone confirm?
    I've got a Ruger Super Black Hawk and a Ruger Mini 14 (Ranch) I wanna take out.

Products Discussed in

To Top