1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone into R/C?

Discussion in 'Sports, Hobbies & Interests' started by A.D., Feb 7, 2009.

1. Feb 9, 2018 at 6:32 PM
    TXpro4X4

TXpro4X4 Fuck Cancer!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TOY
    Toy Stuff..... Faktor Amber lights on in the grill. Under front bumper led rock lighting. Center counsel c.b mod with under the hood p.a. Anytime foglight mod. R.G.B tape light for inside toekick lighting. Front and back. Front weathertech floor mats. De-Baged except TOY on tailgate. FJ style 6 speed shifter knob. Rubber tacoma bed mat. Trd exhaust. Trd 16in beadlocker style wheels. Electrical a/c 115volt plug/usb mod next to passenger knee. Fox 2.5 coilovers. Icon 2.0's in the rear. Rear locker any-time mod. Abs kill switch mod. All Pro ISF front skid Pelfrey built front differential skid Baja design pro pods Rigid pods CBI pods brackets Mobtown tailgate guard RIP Mobtown Caliraised rear amber pod lights CJ Jumper- map, running, amber fog, reverse, and license plate led bulbs Pedal Commander
    Silverspool and jeff b like this.
  2. Feb 9, 2018 at 6:44 PM
    RLMoody

RLMoody Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 Toyota Tacoma SR
    Used to be into it but got myself in trouble chasing the neighbors dog with it while the neighbor was watching. I thought it was funny. He didn't. Also didn't see car coming down the street that ran mine over a few weeks later. My wife ended that hobby.

Silverspool likes this.
  3. Feb 9, 2018 at 6:49 PM
    Devil Dog

Devil Dog Tacos, Tacos, Tacos, come and get your Tacos

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Philly Burbs
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma TRD OFF ROAD 4x4 Double Cab / Inferno
    5% Tint, cargo tray and organizer, 1.25” Spidertrax spacers, TuffSkinz raised tailgate letters, Air compressor, Bed Extender.
    I bought the same slash 2wd brushed (Courtney force edition) last Christmas for my 10 year old daughter. Started her out on training mode and now she can handle it full speed. I have even taken it out a few times even to the skate park when my trucks have been broken and can’t break the damn thing. Solid choice brother!

My old castle creations sidewinder 4x4 fully modified slash (stupid fast) on the other hand was always breaking stuff. The more power the more you break shit.

I’d say the one you have picked out is an excellent basher! It will even run a 2s Lipo.

Oh and I just got the email yesterday from Arrma that my box of warranty parts for my Outcast that I have been waiting 2 freakin months for finally shipped... backordered or some bs. Arrma vehicles are probably some of the sturdiest most hardcore R/C’s made but goddamn everything is always backordered it seems.

Silverspool and jeff b[QUOTED] like this.
  4. Feb 9, 2018 at 6:50 PM
    ian408

ian408 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    Santa Clara, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma
    Hobbico. They are in bankruptcy.

5. Feb 9, 2018 at 6:54 PM
    Devil Dog

Devil Dog Tacos, Tacos, Tacos, come and get your Tacos

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Philly Burbs
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma TRD OFF ROAD 4x4 Double Cab / Inferno
    5% Tint, cargo tray and organizer, 1.25” Spidertrax spacers, TuffSkinz raised tailgate letters, Air compressor, Bed Extender.
    Huh?

I have not heard that? Really? I know Traxxas is not getting sold anymore on Tower.

The reason for that I believe is months ago Traxxas sued them for the Revo Shock design and put a cease and desist on them...so Tower stopped selling Traxxas..

I will have to hit the Arrma forums up later and look into this!

Arrma just came out with a bunch of new trucks a couple months ago though?

Edit: it’s true! Just looked it up. Goddamnit! First Traxxas now them! There are no hobbytowns near me at all either (the last 2 closed in the last year) Hobby is in a downward spiral! Fuck!

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
    Silverspool likes this.
  6. Feb 9, 2018 at 7:12 PM
    Egnaro

Egnaro Watch this

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    16 Inferno DCSB Offroad 4x4
    Ricochet full skids, Mobtown rear with swing-out, toytec boss 2.0, OV tuned
    It's at Indy rc currently. It's just a stock 2wd slash with an red body (it's ugly, hence only 100 bucks).
    If your interested pm me

7. Feb 9, 2018 at 7:49 PM
    gunn_runner

gunn_runner www.gunnphotoservices.com

Member:
    Rocky River, OH
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCLB TRD
    OME 886 & Dakars. 35" Mickey Thompson Baja Boss
    The Hilux? They are available.

8. Feb 9, 2018 at 7:58 PM
    TrackAttack

TrackAttack Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    St. Louis, MO
    Vehicle:
    15 Supercharged Inferno Red TRD Pro
    82721A54-EBF2-43B1-83E7-2909EFD1CE87.jpg Going a different direction with the SCX10.2... old skool Chevy! Hey, I drive a yota.....

jeff b and Deathbysnusnu like this.
  9. Feb 9, 2018 at 8:30 PM
    ian408

ian408 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    Santa Clara, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma
    If all goes well, it’ll be biz as usual and things will work themselves out. Hobbico holds a large number of brands and I cannot see all of them surviving this journey-I hope Arrma does cause I love my Talion.

10. Feb 10, 2018 at 3:41 PM
    SCRunner12

SCRunner12 Tundra Troll

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tundra DC, TRD, 4wd
    Ok need some help. Got my Twin Hammers in the mail today and got it all set up, but it’s turning hard to the left. Will almost do a 75 degree turn if I just let it go. How should I adjust this? Or should it be perfect out the box?

11. Feb 10, 2018 at 3:46 PM
    Silverspool

Silverspool Come at me Bro!

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    DFW
    Vehicle:
    18T4RORP 16MX5Turbskie 17GT350
    Anyone seen my wallet?

Check radio trim for ST or steering.

If thats not it may need to recenter/seat the servo horn

Devil Dog likes this.
  12. Feb 10, 2018 at 4:15 PM
    SCRunner12

SCRunner12 Tundra Troll

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tundra DC, TRD, 4wd
    Ok adjusted the ST all the way but it still pulls. Have to look into the servo horn.

Thanks for the suggestion.

13. Feb 10, 2018 at 4:53 PM
    Brake Weight

Brake Weight But it hasn't rained in weeks...I'll make it.

Member:
    Deep South near the Third Coast
    Vehicle:
    Taco pulling 33s and a B6 pushing 33psi
    Weld on sliders, fiberglass shell, 12k winch in an Elite Offroad bumper, front Aussie Lunchbox
    Are the wheels aligned straight when held off the ground? If so, could be some binding in one of the front axles. If not, you may need to remove the servo saver, set the trim back to 0, th n reinstall the saver. Should be good to go after that.

14. Feb 10, 2018 at 5:05 PM
    SCRunner12

SCRunner12 Tundra Troll

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tundra DC, TRD, 4wd
    Yeah they are straight. As soon I turn the power on the car the wheels turn hard left. I’ll look into adjusting it when the wife and kids are asleep. Wifey is already annoyed after I told her paid for it. Haha

15. Feb 10, 2018 at 7:56 PM
    Sacrifice

Sacrifice Motorcycle Goon

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    KS
    Vehicle:
    DCSB OR 4X4 LT
    Pelfreybilt Front Bumper,BAMF sliders, Airflow Snorkel,Mini D2S Retrofits, ADS Rear Shocks, Deaver U402 Leafsprings, 35s, AllPro +2LT
    yea pull the servo horn off then turn it on (letting it recenter then put attach it again.

otherwise its a bad servo. mine kept losing center but it was dunked in water a few times

Silverspool likes this.
  16. Feb 11, 2018 at 11:37 AM
    Zach O

Zach O Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Off-Road SWFTMFW 6 speed
    I just stumbled into this thread. Now I want to get my traxxas slayer pro 4x4 nitro going again. Problem is it has been sitting for 5 years. Do you guys think the engine will still be ok? I'm hoping disassembling it and giving it a good cleaning will be enough to bring it to life. I also need to replace a few other broken parts.

I had a blast with this thing in Alaska but haven't used it since I moved to Texas.

IMAG0017.jpg

17. Feb 11, 2018 at 12:34 PM
    TXpro4X4

TXpro4X4 Fuck Cancer!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TOY
    Toy Stuff..... Faktor Amber lights on in the grill. Under front bumper led rock lighting. Center counsel c.b mod with under the hood p.a. Anytime foglight mod. R.G.B tape light for inside toekick lighting. Front and back. Front weathertech floor mats. De-Baged except TOY on tailgate. FJ style 6 speed shifter knob. Rubber tacoma bed mat. Trd exhaust. Trd 16in beadlocker style wheels. Electrical a/c 115volt plug/usb mod next to passenger knee. Fox 2.5 coilovers. Icon 2.0's in the rear. Rear locker any-time mod. Abs kill switch mod. All Pro ISF front skid Pelfrey built front differential skid Baja design pro pods Rigid pods CBI pods brackets Mobtown tailgate guard RIP Mobtown Caliraised rear amber pod lights CJ Jumper- map, running, amber fog, reverse, and license plate led bulbs Pedal Commander
    clean it.
    It will be fine!

18. Feb 11, 2018 at 12:40 PM
    Zach O

Zach O Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Off-Road SWFTMFW 6 speed
    Thanks! Any tips for doing a full tear down? Its the TRX 3.3 engine btw. I have never fully disassembled it before.

TXpro4X4[QUOTED] likes this.
  19. Feb 11, 2018 at 12:43 PM
    TXpro4X4

TXpro4X4 Fuck Cancer!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TOY
    Other than to take your time and don't smoke and drink a bunch no. It's it's fairly simple YouTube will be your friend.

Zach O[QUOTED] likes this.
  20. Feb 11, 2018 at 1:24 PM
    Brake Weight

Brake Weight But it hasn't rained in weeks...I'll make it.

Member:
    Deep South near the Third Coast
    Vehicle:
    Taco pulling 33s and a B6 pushing 33psi
    Weld on sliders, fiberglass shell, 12k winch in an Elite Offroad bumper, front Aussie Lunchbox
    If you’re willing to spend a little may as well get a bearing kit like a Fast Eddie’s. I don’t know if you spent any time in water but 5 years idle could have possibly rusted a bearing or two.

Products Discussed in

To Top