1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

anyone know simple accent light set up?

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by YotaMan2007, Jun 21, 2009.

1. Jun 21, 2009 at 5:31 PM
    YotaMan2007

YotaMan2007 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    where my boots and ruck lay
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma 2wd
    K&N Drop-in airfilter, secondary airfilter removed, Satoshi Mod, Kenwood Stereo System, Gibson catback system , Painted Steelies, Offroad Lights, Fatbob's spacer lift
    i bought some red LED accent lights for in interior of my tacoma and the instructions were lacking some important info. This is all it read.

1) Clean mounting surface thoroughly. Stick the light bar firmly to the mounting surfacewith the double sided tape.

2)Connect the black wire to the chassis ground. Connect the white/black wireto a switched power source (parking light, tail light, etc.).

3) Route and hide the wires to complete the installation.

Are there any good ways i can do that with the aux. fuse box? I can run the light on a 9v battery but the manufacturer recommends a 12v source for best performance.

2. Jun 22, 2009 at 2:15 AM
    JKD

JKD Well-Known Member

Member:
    When do you want them on? All the time (when the truck is on), whenever the headlamps are on, or only when you switch them on?

Do you want them to dim with the dash lights? (If so, how many LEDs are in the bars altogether?)

3. Jun 22, 2009 at 3:21 AM
    YotaMan2007

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma 2wd
    K&N Drop-in airfilter, secondary airfilter removed, Satoshi Mod, Kenwood Stereo System, Gibson catback system , Painted Steelies, Offroad Lights, Fatbob's spacer lift
    i want to install a 2 way toggle switch into one of the used spots. Its just two 12" bars

4. Jun 22, 2009 at 3:50 PM
    YotaMan2007

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma 2wd
    i checked out the local hardware store and found a power outlet adapter and soldered the ends together. it isn't a professional job, but its simple and easy to put in and take out if you plan on selling your car. I'll get some pictures posted later.

Products Discussed in

To Top