1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone lifted their drivers seat?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by waggoner.42, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Apr 19, 2011 at 7:12 PM
    waggoner.42

waggoner.42 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    C-bus OH
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Sport DC 4x4- SOLD
    3" Lift
    Just bought a Tacoma that will often get driven by my very short soon to be wife. She just barely gets the clutch pushed in all the way and cant see very well over the sport scoop on the hood. Has anyone found a way to increase the movement in the manual seats both forward or upward. I could probably fab up new risers where the seat bolts to the floorpan but wanted to see if the experts here had an easier solution.
    Thanks in advance,
    Josh

2. Apr 20, 2011 at 4:57 AM
    teamfast

teamfast Get busy living, or get busy dying.

Member:
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    Vehicle:
    '10 DCLB
    BFG AT TKO2s 34 x 10.5 x17, Leer 550 Tonneau cover, weather tech digi fit liners, Viper 5901 remote start/security, 2" fr spacer, 3" TC AAL, All Pro IFS skid plate, Trans skid plate & Transfer Case skid plate, 12" roof mounted flip down dvd player, In channel vent visors.
    I raised the seat using two one inch spacers and longer bolts on the rear mounting points. Well worth it! I wouldnt go any higher than that but its up to you.

3. Apr 20, 2011 at 5:04 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    No offense but she needs her own truck. If she is too short for how close the seat already goes toward the steering wheel then the pedals will be out of reach after you raise the seat enough for her IMO.

Oh yeah, welcome aboard and good luck with the upcoming nuptuals..........

4. Apr 20, 2011 at 5:18 AM
    Wattapunk

Wattapunk Stay lifted my friends !

Member:
    First Name:
    Uncle K
    TX
    Vehicle:
    2005 DCLB 4WD
    Sounds like you will need some temporary fix since you will be driving it too. Like this:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

5. Apr 21, 2011 at 5:09 PM
    waggoner.42

waggoner.42 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    C-bus OH
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Sport DC 4x4- SOLD
    3" Lift
    Teamfast,
    What did you use as the spacers? Sounds like a good idea.

TacoPr3runn3er,
    Thanks!
    I agree, but I have new company car so I can't justify having the exact truck I want (Tundra CrewMax Limited 4x4) just yet. So for now she has access to the Taco and I have a weekend toy. I'm looking into a clutch pedal extender for the very reason you mentioned, I don't want her super close to the steering wheel in the event of an accident.

Wattapunk,
    That was my first suggestion.....it didn't fly!!!

Thank you for all of your input.

Josh

6. Apr 21, 2011 at 6:22 PM
    teamfast

teamfast Get busy living, or get busy dying.

Member:
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    Vehicle:
    '10 DCLB
    BFG AT TKO2s 34 x 10.5 x17, Leer 550 Tonneau cover, weather tech digi fit liners, Viper 5901 remote start/security, 2" fr spacer, 3" TC AAL, All Pro IFS skid plate, Trans skid plate & Transfer Case skid plate, 12" roof mounted flip down dvd player, In channel vent visors.
    I was at Princess Auto and came across a hard rubber roller used for boat trailers. Ill upload a pic when i get a chance. It is about 2.5" diameter and has a 1/2" hole through it. I used a saw to cut off spacer lengths of my choice and got some hardware from Fastenal. The rubber is hard enough that it doesnt compress when i snugged up the bolts.
    Because the front is not mounted up/down i didnt do anything there. The seat track still rolls fine.
    Ill upload pics of them installed if you would like.

7. Apr 21, 2011 at 6:33 PM
    97T

97T Resident T100 guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Melt
    Littleton, CO
    Vehicle:
    97 T100 xcab 5spd 2wd
    soundstream 550.2 amp, 2 eclipse 10" subs, 4% tint rear window, 20% sides, 6" sunstrip, clear bumper lenses, avital 4103 alarm with keyless, BF Goodrich Rugged Terrain T/A 235/75/15, 15X7 6-5.5 0C Unique 298 rims
    im the other way around .... i had to modify the seatrails in the 91 civic i had to get the shit to go back further

8. Mar 18, 2012 at 8:10 PM
    allancpc

allancpc New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Allan
    Florida Keys
    Vehicle:
    05 Pre-Runner
    6" Lift 20" Wheels 33" Tires
    I would really appreciate pics and a description of this modification. I am 6' tall but hate the feeling of siiting down inside the cab. Any additional information you can share would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Allan

ps. My first post!

9. Mar 18, 2012 at 8:59 PM
    mike92y

mike92y Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Glendale, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD OFF ROAD
    OME all around. SPC UCA. This and that.
    I would like to see pics of the seat raising mod for the Tacoma. I am 5'4" and would like a little extra height. I think I have heard every short joke there is. I don't care my third leg "tripod" more than makes up for my height.:D

10. Mar 18, 2012 at 9:09 PM
    joes06tacoma

joes06tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Central Coast, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 Off Road Access Cab v6 6spd
    LEER Shell with dome lights operated with 3 way switches, aux backup lights with relay and 3 position switch, modified wiring to compass/temp display and clock to include switch that disables dimming function (poor man's DRL solution), Scan Gauge 2
    If she can't reach the pedals with the seat pulled all the way forward, then she is already too close to the air bag. Look in the phone book under automotive hand controls and find someone who can build you some pedal extensions. I worked in a shop for awhile where we did that kind of work, it's totally worth doing. They make removable ones, or they can be permanently welded onto a metal pedal.

It is also possible to mount a custom six way power seat base to most vehicle's driver's seat. That would allow for height adjustment. It's also doable to just use spacers and longer bolts to raise the seat up an inch or two.

Modifying the seat to travel farther forward to reach the pedals is just going to create a dangerous situation for her.

11. Mar 18, 2012 at 9:13 PM
    fuzz master

fuzz master Well-Known Member

Member:
    PALM COAST FL
    short person here too. i just have a pillow on my seat for my short ass.

Products Discussed in

To Top