1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone on here from Kelowna??

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Eesh, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Nov 17, 2015 at 4:38 PM
    VE7OSR

VE7OSR нет войне

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob II
    Okanagan, Canada
    Vehicle:
    05 DCLB TRD Sport
    Armour: All-Pro Skid plates - IFS, transmission, and transfer case. Pelfreybilt rear standard plate bumper, Metal Tech Sliders w/ kickout and dimple die filler plates. Front Suspension: OME 885 + NitroCharger 9000 shocks + 1/2" spacers for a 3" lift. Superbumps replacing stock bumpstops. Camburg ball joint UCA SS braid brake lines Future: ADS Extended length, extended length UCA BJ to increase droop capability Rear Suspension: All-Pro Expedition rear leafs, Walker Evans 27" rear shocks, extended rear brake lines (Wheelers Offroad), U -bolt flip kit, rear Timbren bumpstops. Future: Hammer Hangers, Shock relocate, ADS 12" or 14" shock. Interior: Weatherteck floor liners - front, Wet Okoles- front, ScanGauge, LED interior & map lights. Power moonroof. Exterior: Raider Cobra canopy, retrofit headlight by Insight, LED bulbs all around, modified flasher unit for LEDs. Rear diff breather mod. Front diff vibe problem, driver's side needle bearing replaced with ECGS bushing. yet to install: HID Blazer Fog Retrofit, LED Flood & Spot, + switches, fuse panel. swaybar relocate blocks (build my own)
    If you need a powder coater for truck parts, you can get a very decent deal at http://www.barmaccoatings.com/.
    They are on Enterprise in the old Western Star truck plant.
    They can media blast, zinc primer, and top powder coat for you. They do production runs of truck parts (ie Monashee & others) and as long as you want it in one of their standard colors, will add your work into their production runs for a reasonable price.

goesnsnow likes this.
  2. Nov 22, 2015 at 7:02 PM
    BCTRD

BCTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Kelowna, BC
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD SPORT

Hey! Welcome!

There are a couple of us that do trail runs often in the warm months. Aways looking to expand the group!
    Myself, I am very busy with work in the winter months(road maintenance) so its very hard to meet up.

BUT, in the spring we will do a meet and greet and talk trucks and trails. :)

Do you by chance park your truck by the dog park off richter?

I think I left a BcToyota4wd card on your truck a couple weeks ago, nice truck. ;)

Drew.

3. Nov 22, 2015 at 8:15 PM
    Wish

Wish Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Okanagan
    Vehicle:
    '17 TRD Sport

Yes that is my truck, thanks its coming along!

Got your cards I'd join that group but no Facebook here, seems like a big community though.

Sounds good I'll stay tuned for the next meet around town.

4. Nov 23, 2015 at 11:06 PM
    arctic04trd

arctic04trd VA7XTE

Member:
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCLB
    Hey all,

New to the forum, looking forward to the experience. I love about an hour away from Kelowna. You guys do some kind of meet?

5. Nov 24, 2015 at 9:17 PM
    Foihdzas

Foihdzas VA7PTZ

Member:
    First Name:
    Danny
    B.C Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Dbl Cab 5' Box 6 Speed
    2010 Tacoma, sold...
    Welcome to the forum. Meets are few, but we are always trying to get something going

6. Nov 24, 2015 at 9:23 PM
    JasonMcvic

JasonMcvic Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    I'm up in kelowna a few times a year working with the guys at Vector powerboats. Ill keep an eye on this thread for meet ups !

7. Nov 25, 2015 at 5:24 PM
    arctic04trd

arctic04trd VA7XTE

Member:
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCLB

Ok cool, ya just thinking about spring wheeling and such. would like to get out and see some of the Kelowna area. Where's a good spot to test my truck's technical abilities?

This is stock flex

image.jpg

8. Nov 25, 2015 at 9:05 PM
    Foihdzas

Foihdzas VA7PTZ

Member:
    First Name:
    Danny
    B.C Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma, sold...
    Bata FSR in some off shoots is getting gnarled up. Up off of chute lake area there are some good trails, depending on how much of natures pinstriping you want.

9. Nov 25, 2015 at 9:29 PM
    arctic04trd

arctic04trd VA7XTE

Member:
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCLB
    Ok got ya. I'll check it out next spring when the snow is gone :) Can't believe we are already month from Christmas!

And I think I have to own the truck for a lot longer to allow pinstriping on my baby.

10. Nov 25, 2015 at 10:31 PM
    Foihdzas

Foihdzas VA7PTZ

Member:
    First Name:
    Danny
    B.C Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma, sold...
    Do you like winter wheelin'? It's so much fun, easy trails become difficult, and you can have fires without worrying about burning the forest down

11. Nov 29, 2015 at 9:15 PM
    arctic04trd

arctic04trd VA7XTE

Member:
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCLB
    Ya I've done some snow wheeling already (check out profile pic lol) but I'm still building my truck up a bit before I go camping. I off road locally, but if I go far, I'd like to go overnight. And it's pretty frosty right now

Just got my Arb fridge in! So stoked! Slide is already built, just waiting for a warm day to hook everything up (don't have a shop)

12. Nov 30, 2015 at 3:03 PM
    jkirkpatrick

jkirkpatrick Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Edmonton
    Vehicle:
    2018 4Runner TRD Offroad edition (2000 Tacoma sold in 2018)
    Lift, tires, wheels, bumper, winch, sliders, skids, regeared
    Hey guys, I'll be in Kelowna over Christmas break. I'll keep my eye on this thread to see if anybody is heading out for some winter fun on the 24th or 26th! Thanks!

13. Nov 30, 2015 at 10:39 PM
    Foihdzas

Foihdzas VA7PTZ

Member:
    First Name:
    Danny
    B.C Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma, sold...
    Nice, you're setting up an exped truck is seems.

There's plenty of winter fun to be had in the hills here. I'll keep an eye on this thread.

14. Dec 1, 2015 at 4:08 PM
    arctic04trd

arctic04trd VA7XTE

Member:
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCLB
    Yes, it's gonna be my hunting and camping rig. I don't know if it will be expedition ready by next year, but we'll see.

So far the fridge is the only thing "expedition" flavoured for now. (Other than propane stove, waterproof totes for camping gear/tools, and first aid/vehicle rescue stuff)

Looking to go with some OME suspension next spring. Saving for RTT and bumper. Too bad my money tree I planted last year in the backyard seems to be taking its time producing its fruit.

15. Dec 2, 2015 at 9:03 AM
    Foihdzas

Foihdzas VA7PTZ

Member:
    First Name:
    Danny
    B.C Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma, sold...

Sounds like what I have done. Without the fridge and RTT. The wife won't let me get a RTT. Says the baby can't get in and out... Pshhh.

16. Dec 2, 2015 at 12:05 PM
    arctic04trd

arctic04trd VA7XTE

Member:
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCLB

Hehe still single

But ya, same thing happened to my dad when my parents got married. Kids come first :) Camper and pickup sold, got a sedan. He used to roam the northwest with his Chevy/Lancer combo. Not the most off road worthy rig, but hey, I'm still sitting on my couch waiting for spring.......so I'm not judging. Campers have their place (like keeping warm on those frosty mornings in the fall/winter)

Regarding the RTT, I've got a buddy with three young kids (they were 10, 6 and newborn when he bought his Eezi-awn.) and they have no problems whatsoever. Granted, he mounted it to a trailer to tow behind his LR4

Anywho, not enough time and money to get this build off the ground before next spring, so I will content myself with research on expo prep and build ideas :)

17. Dec 2, 2015 at 7:41 PM
    goesnsnow

goesnsnow Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Pete
    Rossland B.C.
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Sport 4x4 DCLB Barcelona Red
    Weathertech mats, window covers and Hood deflector. Nokian Hakkappletta 8 studded tires. Bed cover. OEM roof rack and Thule box
    Hi Gang.
    I'm new to TW and new to Tacomas, just picked a 15 up a couple of weeks ago.
    I will be in Kelowna and Vernon this weekend and was going to go shopping.
    Any good shops to check out? You know Christmas shopping for myself ;-)
    Thanks

18. Dec 2, 2015 at 10:18 PM
    VE7OSR

VE7OSR нет войне

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob II
    Okanagan, Canada
    Vehicle:
    05 DCLB TRD Sport
    Armour: All-Pro Skid plates - IFS, transmission, and transfer case. Pelfreybilt rear standard plate bumper, Metal Tech Sliders w/ kickout and dimple die filler plates. Front Suspension: OME 885 + NitroCharger 9000 shocks + 1/2" spacers for a 3" lift. Superbumps replacing stock bumpstops. Camburg ball joint UCA SS braid brake lines Future: ADS Extended length, extended length UCA BJ to increase droop capability Rear Suspension: All-Pro Expedition rear leafs, Walker Evans 27" rear shocks, extended rear brake lines (Wheelers Offroad), U -bolt flip kit, rear Timbren bumpstops. Future: Hammer Hangers, Shock relocate, ADS 12" or 14" shock. Interior: Weatherteck floor liners - front, Wet Okoles- front, ScanGauge, LED interior & map lights. Power moonroof. Exterior: Raider Cobra canopy, retrofit headlight by Insight, LED bulbs all around, modified flasher unit for LEDs. Rear diff breather mod. Front diff vibe problem, driver's side needle bearing replaced with ECGS bushing. yet to install: HID Blazer Fog Retrofit, LED Flood & Spot, + switches, fuse panel. swaybar relocate blocks (build my own)
  19. Jan 6, 2016 at 1:22 PM
    bunk

bunk Well-Known Member

Member:
    Saw a sweet flatbed rolling into k-town on my way out yesterday. Built in headache rack, looked like boxed aluminum? Quite badass.

20. Jan 6, 2016 at 8:40 PM
    Foihdzas

Foihdzas VA7PTZ

Member:
    First Name:
    Danny
    B.C Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma, sold...
    Was it army green? If so, he's plasti dipped it, as when I rolled past it I can see a blue paint underneath. I def gets some attention, I think it looks badass.

Products Discussed in

To Top