1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

anyone on this site a plumber?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by daggertats, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Mar 4, 2011 at 2:16 AM
    daggertats

daggertats [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    arden nc
    Vehicle:
    2010 tacoma 4x4 reg cab
    undercover tonneau ,bug deflector, removal of all tacoma emblems added a set of component speakers behind the rear seat egr in channel window visors
    its public water. the water doesnt even have to be on to make the noise. there is a pressure reducing valve on the water supply one website i was on said it could be the toilet filling valves. they reccommeneded shutting of on e at a time and seein if it stops. it it did it ment that one was faulty. shut one toilet off last night ,gonna try the other today. if that isnt it ill start lookin at all the faucet washers like someone mentioned. and ill check out the article i was readin for the next step......all good answers from you folks.thanks for the help so far.

2. Mar 4, 2011 at 3:38 AM
    brutalguyracing

brutalguyracing BIG DADDY

Member:
    F.U> GUYZ
    broken mods
    it very well could be a toilet.....
    but where do you hear the noise.....which fixture????
    or is it all of them????

3. Mar 4, 2011 at 7:58 AM
    cc350

cc350 Retired Member

Member:
    Getting lost here. So plumbing makes the noise even when all water is turned off? Well that means it's not any faucet, pressure reducer,valve. Next and only other thing to consider would be the hot-water tank, ever clean out the sediment? Tank may be on it's last leg, expansion tank? Or a water leak between meter and inside cutoff. Need to really stop and think cause out, lay all variables out before asking what could it be on a forum.:eek:

Also check all the ballcocks in toilets, worn seals and bad flappers can cause problems. A bad fluidmaster will do this, when you turn on a faucet, the reduced pressure will cause it to fill, causing noise. just to many things to diagnose online.

4. Mar 4, 2011 at 2:33 PM
    daggertats

daggertats [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    arden nc
    Vehicle:
    2010 tacoma 4x4 reg cab
    undercover tonneau ,bug deflector, removal of all tacoma emblems added a set of component speakers behind the rear seat egr in channel window visors
    ok i have an update... got home from work and following what i read here and on one website i ran accross the wife and i did this... starting at the lowest faucet and working upward we turned each one on till everything in the house was running ,then we flushed the toilets too...as we were doint this the two showers which are highest points where water exits ... started to pulse really bad shooting out all kinda air.....estimated this lasted about 15-30 seconds... we let the water run for approx 5-10 minutes total and then closed off the water again starting at the lowest point and working to the showers.....so far so good but overnight will be the true test....ill update once again when i know for sure.. thanks to everyone for there imput, even the wise asses... least i got a good laugh ;)

5. Mar 4, 2011 at 2:40 PM
    brutalguyracing

brutalguyracing BIG DADDY

Member:
    F.U> GUYZ
    broken mods
    :thumbsup:

ok now lets talk about a payment plan for you.................

6. Mar 4, 2011 at 2:51 PM
    mike686

mike686 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Waldorf
    Vehicle:
    10 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    See Build Thread
    See if you have an air bleed vent somewhere

7. Mar 4, 2011 at 7:59 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Scott is readying the Molotov cocktails and rabid rats .

8. Mar 4, 2011 at 8:22 PM
    Nepil

Nepil BEACH BUGGY

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Carolina Beach
    Vehicle:
    99 reg cab 2.7 4x4
    always wrenchin'
    It could be your back flow preventer. If you call your water supplier(in my case the city) they will test it. It's the thing that holds your water meter and is their responsibility. If it is stuck open water can move back and forth and contaminate the water supply. If it is a groaning noise that you here check your outside hose bib. If there is a sill cock (sp?) screwed to the bottom, take it off and try your fixtures inside. This may help.

Products Discussed in

To Top