1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone Proud to Not Own a Gun?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by dizzle01333246, Jan 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan 18, 2013 at 2:45 PM
    Highland Logan

Highland Logan UBIQUE

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2011 Black AC TRD Off Road w/ factory tow pkg
    Icon Stage 2 w/ overload left in, SPC LR UCA, 265/75 16 BFG KO2, front and rear Weathertech floor liners, OEM (Extang) solid fold tonneau, OEM bed mat, OEM front skid plate, OEM billet oil cap, "TOYOYA" tailgate decal
    Wrong.

Barack Obama - 144 (so far)
    George W. Bush - 291
    Clinton - 364
    George Bush - 166
    Reagan - 381
    Carter - 320
    Ford - 169
    Nixon - 346
    Johnson - 325
    Kennedy - 214
    Eisenhower - 484
    Truman - 907
    Franklin D. Roosevelt - 3,522
    Hoover - 968
    Coolidge - 1,203
    Harding - 522
    Wilson - 1,803
    Taft - 724
    Theodore Roosevelt - 1,081
    McKinley - 185
    Cleveland II - 140
    Harrison - 143
    Cleveland I - 113
    Arthur - 96
    Garfield - 6
    Hayes - 92
    Grant - 217
    Andrew Johnson - 79
    Lincoln - 48
    Buchanan - 16
    Pierce - 35
    Fillmore - 12
    Taylor - 5
    Polk - 18
    Tyler - 17
    Harrison - 0
    van Buren - 10
    Jackson - 12
    Adams - 3
    Monroe - 1
    Madison - 1
    Jefferson - 4
    Adams - 1
    Washington - 8

2. Jan 18, 2013 at 2:45 PM
    jtav2002

jtav2002 Kenny Fuckin Powers

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Reading, PA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra DBL Cab TRD OR
    But my point was, should for example the "assault weapons" ban go back into effect, that will NOT be part of executive orders. Nor would the magazine capacity limit. All of that is on legislation to go to congress for a vote. The executive orders have already been laid out (and signed for that matter) and revolve around more funding for mental health conditions, strengthening/expanding and enforcement of current laws already on the books, expanding of background checks, increasing penalties for those that violate laws such as supplying known felons with firarms, etc. Merely pointing out that the most controversial issues regarding the gun debate won't be forced via executive order. I'm not sure who would disagree with their not being a vote on mental health funding and enforcing already existing laws especially seeing that is a lot of what the "pro gun" (for lack of a better term) people propose as alternatives.

But they won't. That would never fly. And the vast majority of Americans would disagree with that. You guys can spout off all the typical one liners "confiscation starts with regulation" blah blah blah. That doesn't mean it's going to happen the more it's repeated or shared on facebook pictures, etc. Just sounds good for the argument.

3. Jan 18, 2013 at 2:47 PM
    Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    Stuart, FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
    So I guess your good with being told how to live your life. What if they just decided for you that beer is bad. All the other booze is ok....for now, but the hops and barley in beer has been determined to cause SOME people to piss their beds, so for the safety of all mattresses and the sanity of anyone that does laundry, they need to ban beer.
    Now, it doesnt happen to EVERYONE, just a very small percentage of the population, but its too hard to regulate that small percentage so we are just going to use a broad brush stroke and ban beer, but hey, your cool with that, because its not ALL alcohol, its just beer, I mean really!! Whats the big deal.

The sheep lines starts on the left. I prefer to be the badger or wolverine that minds its own business until I am pushed to far, but hey, I still have my claws if needed.

4. Jan 18, 2013 at 2:50 PM
    Fightnfire

Fightnfire Recklessly tired

Member:
    Marysville, WA
    Vehicle:
    2021 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4 (Prev 09 Access Cab V6 4X4)
    Starting over with a new GMC AT4 Satin Steel Metallic Softopper, Bilstein 5100's @ 1.75 in the front, TSB Rear, 17x8.5 Lvl 8 Guardians, 265/70-17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W, Scooped, Anytime fog mod, Osram Nightbreakers, LED Interior lights, Debadged, Painted valance, Removed rear head rests, De-flapped, Hidden Hitch installed, Weather Techs, Flyzeye'd A/W/A, Cover Kings.
    You make some of the shittiest arguments around, they are quite entertaining!

5. Jan 18, 2013 at 2:53 PM
    Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    Stuart, FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
    :cool:

Its all for the fun of it. You cant argue with two totally disagreeing sides. Look at the civil war.

6. Jan 18, 2013 at 2:57 PM
    woode87

woode87 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Maryland, USA
    Vehicle:
    2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road DCSB Inferno 4x4 AT P&T
    Leather, Debadged, LEDs, Tonneau, Pop & Lock, WeatherTech
    I didn't read through all 29 pages, but I noticed quite a few people mentioning that they wouldn't want someone (a child mostly) getting a hold of their firearms.
    That shouldn't even be an issue. If you ask me, it should be a LAW to keep them locked up - it seems like most of these nutjobs get guns from their parents and friends with unsecured weapons. I own several rifles, shotguns, pistols and they are locked up and ammo stored separately.

The only exception is my handgun - it is kept loaded with spare magazine in a small finger-print quick open safe bolted down to my nightstand which is bolted to my bed. It is still very readily accessible if I need it, yet nobody else is going to be getting in there quickly or easily.

7. Jan 18, 2013 at 3:10 PM
    Joe D

Joe D .

Member:
    No really man without a typical internet type response (not meaning anyone specific), I'd really like for someone, anyone to explain how "shall not be infringed" can be understood in any way that includes any rules and or restrictions.

I don't agree that a crazy man needs a gun but, I just don't understand how, being consistent with the 2a, rules can be inacted regulating them (again not saying I agree).

Anyone care to attempt to educate me?

8. Jan 18, 2013 at 3:13 PM
    BamaToy1997

BamaToy1997 Wheel Bearing Master

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Navarre, FL
    Vehicle:
    1997 Tacoma 4X4 AKA "Blue Beast"
    best wheel bearings around! www.marionbumper2bumper.com

It is not that it is difficult to understand. The situation is that people differ in their opinion of what the wording states, and therefore what it means. For instance I have brought to bear the definition of infringed, yet some people still think that the phrase "shall not be infringed" means that they cant do ANYTHING. This is of course incorrect if one were to actually look up the definition of the word.

9. Jan 18, 2013 at 3:15 PM
    Highland Logan

Highland Logan UBIQUE

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    Icon Stage 2 w/ overload left in, SPC LR UCA, 265/75 16 BFG KO2, front and rear Weathertech floor liners, OEM (Extang) solid fold tonneau, OEM bed mat, OEM front skid plate, OEM billet oil cap, "TOYOYA" tailgate decal

10. Jan 18, 2013 at 3:15 PM
    Colt1195

Colt1195 Well-Known Member

Member:

if any guns are banned, which they have been, then thats an infrigement.

when certain people arent allowed to keep and bear arms, thats an infringement.

when there are certain places a person cant keep and bear arms, thats an infringment.

we have massive amounts of infringement of the 2nd amendment in america right now. we dont need any more. we need alot LESS

11. Jan 18, 2013 at 3:16 PM
    Leggo

Leggo slow is smooth, and smooth is fast.

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Newton,Ma.
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD Sport AC 4x4 MGM
    Kenwood HU,Infinity Kappa speakers (x4), Infinity reference tweeters(x2),10" Kicker sub, Box by Subthump, Infinty Five channel amp,DVD anytime bypass, DTRL Mod, Xtang trifecta, Fogs anytime Mod, Bed Mat,Westin running boards, Console vault, Maglite mod, Weathertechs,Autopage remote starter, Power tailgate lock, HID Bi Zenon, Hella Supertones,Rain guards,Rear leaf TSB,Steering shaft TSB, Fisher Homesteader plow, 886 reverse lights mod, Redline Hood struts, Hankook Dynapro ATM LT265/70R17, power sliding rear window, Auto dimming/on anytime Bed lights, Blue Sea fuse panel & 100amp Breaker, de- badged,Rear headrest's removed, imMrYo mirror relocation,Homeroshi grill
    :crazy:

12. Jan 18, 2013 at 3:17 PM
    Leggo

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Newton,Ma.
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD Sport AC 4x4 MGM
    Kenwood HU,Infinity Kappa speakers (x4), Infinity reference tweeters(x2),10" Kicker sub, Box by Subthump, Infinty Five channel amp,DVD anytime bypass, DTRL Mod, Xtang trifecta, Fogs anytime Mod, Bed Mat,Westin running boards, Console vault, Maglite mod, Weathertechs,Autopage remote starter, Power tailgate lock, HID Bi Zenon, Hella Supertones,Rain guards,Rear leaf TSB,Steering shaft TSB, Fisher Homesteader plow, 886 reverse lights mod, Redline Hood struts, Hankook Dynapro ATM LT265/70R17, power sliding rear window, Auto dimming/on anytime Bed lights, Blue Sea fuse panel & 100amp Breaker, de- badged,Rear headrest's removed, imMrYo mirror relocation,Homeroshi grill
    anarchy 2013!!!

13. Jan 18, 2013 at 3:17 PM
    SoTexTacoma

SoTexTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    AllOver, TX
    Vehicle:
    '14 TRDOffroad
    BP-51 w/Dakars MobTown Hybrid Bumper All-Pro skids Redline Hood Struts AllPro bed bars
    Funny. I just wrote a paper on this topic for an English class. Here in Texas, apparently I'm the only one in the state that agrees that there should be strict gun control laws. One guy tried to flame me in class, but I can argue a point pretty well. I'm not saying that nobody should be able to purchase a firearm, I just think there should be psych evals and such for a person to get one. This is only my $0.02.

14. Jan 18, 2013 at 3:18 PM
    Colt1195

Colt1195 Well-Known Member

Member:

how about a psych examination to vote ?

15. Jan 18, 2013 at 3:22 PM
    Leggo

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Newton,Ma.
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD Sport AC 4x4 MGM
    or post on TW.

16. Jan 18, 2013 at 3:22 PM
    Highland Logan

Highland Logan UBIQUE

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    Doesn't make it any less right, at least I looked it up before yaking off. I could have taken it from here. Same answer.. just more work for folks to work out the numbers.

Frank

17. Jan 18, 2013 at 3:24 PM
    Highland Logan

Highland Logan UBIQUE

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    Place would become a ghost town... and we would finally out number you.:rolleyes:

:canada:

Frank

18. Jan 18, 2013 at 3:28 PM
    CantSitStill

CantSitStill Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    FTR
    CNY
    Me. No reason. 39 and never needed one. Just one more thing to buy, store and take care of.

19. Jan 18, 2013 at 3:41 PM
    AlphaEcho2k5

AlphaEcho2k5 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Hurlburt Field, FL
    Vehicle:
    '02 4Runner
    Can you image how gloomy that would be? I've been to Toronto and seen the lifeless souls walking around there. On top of that what could you complain about? or compare to the utopia that Canada is?:rolleyes:;)

20. Jan 18, 2013 at 3:45 PM
    jtav2002

jtav2002 Kenny Fuckin Powers

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Reading, PA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra DBL Cab TRD OR
    Because it boils down to interpretation. I don't think either side is "right." One side interprets it as your rights to own A gun while the other side interprets it as your right to own ANY gun.

I mean by your definition anyone (regardless of mental or criminal history) should be able to own any gun, does it not. Are the rights of a mentally disturbed not being violated if he can't have a gun if there should be no restrictions? I mean I know you say you don't agree with that but still.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top