1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone recognise this Tacoma?

Discussion in 'Tennessee' started by RGRJoe, Mar 21, 2023.

1. Mar 21, 2023 at 11:18 PM
    RGRJoe

RGRJoe [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    I am thinking about buying this 2019 Tacoma from CarMax. Does anyone recognize it or could maybe put me in touch with the owner? Looks like quite a bit has been done to it. It was shipped from CarMax in Murfreesboro to where ill get it in NJ.

There is a chance I may have to buy it "sight-unseen" so want to know as much as I can before then.

Thanks

Joe

Screenshot 2023-03-22 at 10.08.16 AM.jpg

cooptoytoyota likes this.
  2. Mar 22, 2023 at 8:27 AM
    KRAMERICA

KRAMERICA Old Man Mike

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Middle Tenn
    Vehicle:
    '12 Black DC TRD-OR
    3" Lift w/ICON 2.5 Coils, ALCAN LP W/Sumo springs & FOX 2.0, CBI MOAB 2.0 Front Bumper w/Smittybilt X2O winch, CBI Rock Sliders, Mobtown Reinforced Steel Skids & Bed Bars, FabFour rear bumper, on 315 STT PRO's, + some Iggy lighting
    That's a nice looking truck. I don't remember seeing it around town, but there are close to 100k people around Murfreesboro.

3. Mar 22, 2023 at 8:37 AM
    roundrocktom

roundrocktom Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2021 Silver DCLB Off Road
    The good news is those "rip them off at first sign of rocks" side steps are still on the truck. So I'd think the bumper and front shackles are for show (hint washboard roads vibrate those loose, so often you don't see both on the truck.

You can run the VIN Number on toyota.com to see what options it shipped with. Sport (based on hood scoop), but those appear to be the sweet LED Headlight options (thought was 2020 and later).

https://www.toyota.com/owners/vehicle-specification/

4. Mar 22, 2023 at 8:52 AM
    Dkurtz42

Dkurtz42 Bill Hwang

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Barberton, OH
    Vehicle:
    2023 Tacoma DCLB TRD SPORT 4x4
    - Gator ETX Soft Roll Up Tonneau - Clazzio black leather seats - Nitto Ridge Grappler 255 80 17 tires - Supreme Suspensions 2" and 1" lift
    I saw this truck before.
    It was early this morning on TW actually now that I think about it. Seems like it checks out.

5. Mar 22, 2023 at 8:57 AM
    deaps

deaps Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2023 TRD OR
    I'm betting it's an OR with the Sport hood added...Because while the wheels seem like plausible swap (although more likely from a base model as opposed to one that came with 17's), I don't know how likely a Sport owner would be to change their flares too. (I think Sports had color-matched flares right?).

roundrocktom[QUOTED] and SH10151 like this.
  6. Mar 22, 2023 at 9:08 AM
    mbrenn

mbrenn Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    I came across this one when I was shopping for mine a couple of months ago, didn’t check it out in person, but remember seeing it on carmax (I ended up going with a local Toyota dealer). Carmax rubs me the wrong way.

7. Mar 22, 2023 at 1:47 PM
    All Visible Hues 14

All Visible Hues 14 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lynn
    East Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    2014 dcsb TRD off road
    Also keep in mind that everything on the Carmax lot is not a local trade. I bought my truck in Knoxville but it was previously titled in northern Kentucky. They also do a lot of transfers between lots.
    As a matter of fact I was going to buy mine the next day, had the check in hand, when my granddaughter decided it was time to be born. So instead of buying a truck I went to Atlanta for a week and the truck was gone when I got home. I hadn’t paid a deposit .
    I happened to see the truck pop up on their website about three weeks later but it was now on Denver. Cost me $500 to get it shipped back. I still came out ahead because during that period the model year had flipped over and they lowered the price $1000 lol. Just had to wait a while longer for it.

treyus30 likes this.
  8. Mar 22, 2023 at 1:56 PM
    mosccat

mosccat Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Currently in Bend, OR
    Vehicle:
    2020 OR
    Those look like aftermarket headlamps or they’ve been worked, they have grey side lights, pretty cool tbh.

9. Mar 23, 2023 at 2:57 AM
    RGRJoe

RGRJoe [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Thanks guys,

@deaps -I was thinking the same, looks like a mix of options between the sport and the OR. Confused the hell out of me at first.

@All Visible Hues 14 -I'm in the same boat. I'll fly back to the US and land in Newark so I had it shipped from TN to NJ. next task it to find someone local who is smart on tacomas to take a look at it for me.

10. Jun 14, 2023 at 6:54 PM
    cooptoytoyota

cooptoytoyota New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1999 Toyota tacoma
    Is that MURPHY NC
    Is that Murfreesboro NC or TN ?

Products Discussed in

To Top