1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone running OME 886 with top spacer on Quad Cab?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Kauluwela, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Apr 26, 2011 at 11:17 AM
    Kauluwela

Kauluwela [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Seattle, WA
    Vehicle:
    07 TACOMA DOUBLE CAB V6 6SPD TRD
    TOYTEC SPACER, OME 885'S, OME STRUTS, TOYTEC DIFF DROP KIT, TOYTEC CARRIER BEARING DROP KIT, LIGHT RACING UCA'S, DEALER TSB'S, OME AAL, OME SHOCKS, VISTA TOP, GROM AUDIO IPOD INTERFACE, ALL PRO EXTENDED BRAKE LINES, ALL PRO SLIDERS, FULL LIMO TINT, AMERICAN RACING MOJAVE WHEELS, WILD COUNTRY XTX 285-70-17, HI-LIFT, TOYTEC HI-LIFT SLIDER ADAPTER
    Is anyone running OME 886's with Nitrochargers and a top spacer on a quad cab?

If so can you measure what the distance is between the center of the hub (center of wheel) and the fender (measured vertically straight up from center of wheel or hub to point where tape measure hits fender) with truck parked on level ground?

I currently have OME 885's with Nitrochargers and a Toytec top spacer on a 2007 Quad Cab 4wd 6 speed manual. I have added Light Racing UCA's and extended all 4 brake lines. The rear is lifted with Toytec AAL and Toyota TSB spring packs and OME Nitrochargers.

With this setup the truck sits at 24 inches measured from the center of the hub to the fender. It sists level when the gas tank is empty. When it is full, it sits at 23.5 inches on drivers side and a little over 24 inches on the pass side.

Also have done carrier bearing drop kit and front differential drop kit. Tires are Wild Country 285-70-17's on AR Mojave 17's with 4.5 backpacing. The truck has a fiberglass canopy.

The lift and other mods have been done for about 4 years now.

I am adding All Pro sliders with fill plates and want to go to either an All Pro, Relentless, or ARB bumper. I also plan to add a full ATO skid assembly.

I want to make sure I am maintaining the same lift I have now after the add ons.

If anyone is running OME 886's with a top plate feedback on the following would be great!

1)Is it really that stiff?I have 885's and it is not too stiff at all, actually very functional. I am wondering what the difference will be - I see the 886's are lised at being taller and a heavier weight:

OME884 390mm, 590lbs/in, 1 inch of lift
    OME885 395mm, 590lb/in, 1.5 to 2 inches of lift
    OME886 402mm, 660lbs/in, 2.5-3+ inches of lift
    Factory TRD Tacoma springs, 14 inches long, 540lbs/in, 0 lift

2) Has anyone had a problem with too much CV angle? Again, I have the 885's with a top plate and about 3 inches of lift, no problem yet. Had them for 4 years now.

3) Any other problems anyone can report?

Also, has anyone ever seen a manual locking hub kit for the 05+ Tacoma?

Thanks for the feedback!

2. Apr 27, 2011 at 11:41 AM
    Kauluwela

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Seattle, WA
    Vehicle:
    TOYTEC SPACER, OME 885'S, OME STRUTS, TOYTEC DIFF DROP KIT, TOYTEC CARRIER BEARING DROP KIT, LIGHT RACING UCA'S, DEALER TSB'S, OME AAL, OME SHOCKS, VISTA TOP, GROM AUDIO IPOD INTERFACE, ALL PRO EXTENDED BRAKE LINES, ALL PRO SLIDERS, FULL LIMO TINT, AMERICAN RACING MOJAVE WHEELS, WILD COUNTRY XTX 285-70-17, HI-LIFT, TOYTEC HI-LIFT SLIDER ADAPTER
    I have seen a few posts with this combo. My hope is someone out there cen verify the measurements for me!

3. Apr 27, 2011 at 11:55 AM
    OZ-T

OZ-T Quite an experience to live in fear , isn't it ?

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    You're not supposed to run a spacer with the 886's .

It says as much on the Toytec site .

4. Apr 27, 2011 at 12:34 PM
    Kauluwela

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Seattle, WA
    Vehicle:
    That is the 15 MM toytec spacer. I am thinking about using a 10 MM Wheelers Spacer.

Info I have says 885 = 395 MM , 886= 402 MM

So, if I currently have an 885 with a 15 MM top spacer my current setup is 410 MM

I am proposing an 886 with 10 MM spacer, so 412.

Then there is spring weight to consider which leaves me with less sag, and more lift, that is what I am curious about.

An extend cab with plate bumper will weigh less than a quad cab with plate bumper. I am trying to determine if this will work. I know it is on the outside range of reasonable, but that my deal and mine alone.

I dont think it would be a problem with the Toytec spacer either since I have migrated to the Light Racing UCA, so ball joint angle on the UCA is not an issue.

Here is one member running the wheelers 10 MM spacer with an 886 and Nitrochargers on an extend cab with a All Pro bumper:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2n...rs-06-taco-expo-build-thread.html#post1423097

5. May 10, 2011 at 12:28 PM
    swissrallyman

swissrallyman Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Sport
    OME complete lift with 886 springs and Dakars, ARB winchbumper
    I run 886's with an ARB winchbar, with only the taco-lean spacer on the drivers side, and I got 4 inches of lift which settled to 3 3/8 inches after one week of heavy wheeling. I would not recommend spacers.

To Top