1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone use CSS, PHP, and other web design? Beginners help

Discussion in 'Sports, Hobbies & Interests' started by Janster, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Jan 29, 2009 at 4:55 AM
    Janster

Janster [OP] Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2007 4.0L 4x4 TRD Sport Access Cab A
    Advantage Torza top (tri-fold), Husky floor mats, RuffTuff seat covers, C2C hood struts, Homelink mirror, USA Spec PA15-Toy (120gig Classic & 8gig nano), Garmin Nuvi 660, Protecta Bed mat, Pop-n-lock, TSB Springs, Scangauge II, Heated drivers seat, Fumoto drain valve, Aries pushbar, PIAA 540 fog lights, Hood scoop grahics, Flowmaster 50 series dual catback exhaust, RainX Latitude windshield wipers, Husky rear floor liner (ontop of folded down seats). Console Vault.
    I'm in the process of trying to teach myself some web code. I've read some online tutorials (so to speak) and I'm not afraid to grab something (like a template) and just start playing with the code just to see what it does.

I have my own webpage and it's kindergarden level at best. That's all I've known..... but now I'm interested to learn more and redesign it. I know it'll take a lot of time & effort. Gotta start somewhere....

I've been using Dreamweaver.The tutorials I've been using - it's all TEXT (not using a progam to write the code for you). Do I say goodbye to using dreamweaver completely? I think learning the code is probably the best for understanding everything....

Right now, I'm wondering how or where can I go to get a simple CSS style sheet and basic template to start playing with it? I'm still at a loss on how it all hooks together. I think It'll *click* once I start playing with the codes and watching the results.

Anyone have other suggestions or websites I can watch/learn about all this stuff? I'm excited to start playing yet still confused!
    I've registered on a web design webpage and only posted a couple items there. The people were helpful but sometimes the responses are over my head yet.

2. Jan 31, 2009 at 12:55 PM
    Janster

Janster [OP] Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2007 4.0L 4x4 TRD Sport Access Cab A
    Advantage Torza top (tri-fold), Husky floor mats, RuffTuff seat covers, C2C hood struts, Homelink mirror, USA Spec PA15-Toy (120gig Classic & 8gig nano), Garmin Nuvi 660, Protecta Bed mat, Pop-n-lock, TSB Springs, Scangauge II, Heated drivers seat, Fumoto drain valve, Aries pushbar, PIAA 540 fog lights, Hood scoop grahics, Flowmaster 50 series dual catback exhaust, RainX Latitude windshield wipers, Husky rear floor liner (ontop of folded down seats). Console Vault.
    Bump!

Any web code peeps here?
    I like playing with this stuff, but sometimes I get frustrated and need a little kick in the ass (help). ;)

To Top