1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone use CSS, PHP, and other web design? Beginners help

Discussion in 'Sports, Hobbies & Interests' started by Janster, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Jan 29, 2009 at 4:55 AM
    Janster

Janster [OP] Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    I'm in the process of trying to teach myself some web code. I've read some online tutorials (so to speak) and I'm not afraid to grab something (like a template) and just start playing with the code just to see what it does.

I have my own webpage and it's kindergarden level at best. That's all I've known..... but now I'm interested to learn more and redesign it. I know it'll take a lot of time & effort. Gotta start somewhere....

I've been using Dreamweaver.The tutorials I've been using - it's all TEXT (not using a progam to write the code for you). Do I say goodbye to using dreamweaver completely? I think learning the code is probably the best for understanding everything....

Right now, I'm wondering how or where can I go to get a simple CSS style sheet and basic template to start playing with it? I'm still at a loss on how it all hooks together. I think It'll *click* once I start playing with the codes and watching the results.

Anyone have other suggestions or websites I can watch/learn about all this stuff? I'm excited to start playing yet still confused!
    I've registered on a web design webpage and only posted a couple items there. The people were helpful but sometimes the responses are over my head yet.

2. Jan 31, 2009 at 12:55 PM
    Janster

Janster [OP] Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Bump!

Any web code peeps here?
    I like playing with this stuff, but sometimes I get frustrated and need a little kick in the ass (help). ;)

Products Discussed in

To Top