1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone with a drawer slide side mount toolbox?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by trdracing5, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Apr 11, 2011 at 4:24 AM
    trdracing5

trdracing5 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Vehicle:
    1995 Tacoma 4X4
    ARE Impulse Shell, BFG AT KO's
    Anyone got a "drawer slide" type fender well tool box in their tacoma?
    I know the height on most of them I see would be an issue (18 3/4 tall-about two inches past the bed rail) but I have a camper shell so it is less of an issue for me. I just wanted some feedback on whether anyone had one of these.

[​IMG]

2. Apr 11, 2011 at 5:41 AM
    Lionfan

Lionfan Well-Known Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    03 ext cab trd black
    Billy 5100's with eibach 3"coils and custom built rear leafs, brush guard and lights, sprayed in bedliner, camo interior, camo decals, new sound system, wet okole's, 265/75/16 tires, fog light mod, rear locker mod, deck plate mod
    I have one but couldnt get it to fit right with the drawers opening and to make it open right it had to take up bed space which was an issue for me. They work alot better on full size trucks cuz thats what I had it in before. I just have it ratcheted to the back of my bed for now, hopefully nobody gets real nosy cuz it would be a piece of cake to steal.

3. Apr 11, 2011 at 6:30 AM
    trdracing5

trdracing5 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Vehicle:
    1995 Tacoma 4X4
    ARE Impulse Shell, BFG AT KO's
    Good point about the bed space. It says they are approximately 8" wide so that will take up a little bit of bed space. I will have to take the dimensions and map it out in the bed of my truck.

4. Apr 11, 2011 at 6:36 AM
    Lionfan

Lionfan Well-Known Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    03 ext cab trd black
    Billy 5100's with eibach 3"coils and custom built rear leafs, brush guard and lights, sprayed in bedliner, camo interior, camo decals, new sound system, wet okole's, 265/75/16 tires, fog light mod, rear locker mod, deck plate mod
    Another thing I thought about was somehow setting it up on a slide that it could move left and right with so it would tuck in tight to the bed but I couldnt find anyhting that would work like I wanted it to. The door wont open if you tuck it in, it hits where the bed ends and turns in for the tailgate and if you mount it on the other side the door opens but the drawers wont slide out.

5. Apr 11, 2011 at 7:06 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    I have a red craftsman that I actually did mount on my 96..... it's in my garage. It's 15.5" tall and has a side-opening door. I bought it probably 10 years ago (or more).

Just tried to search for it...looks like they don't make that one anymore. Looks like they're all 20" tall. That sucks....

6. Apr 11, 2011 at 8:48 AM
    paintdiddy

paintdiddy Machine gun shits

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    nj and not from "the jersey shore"
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
To Top