1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone with C4 Lo Pro confirm grille removal after Lo Pro install?

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by sagexp, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Jul 24, 2017 at 9:24 AM
    sagexp

sagexp [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Back home, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tacoma DC 4X4 2017 Tacoma DC 4X4
    Getting parts together for a weekend long wrench-a-thon to put on lo pro, kings, ECGS, etc.

Can anyone confirm grille removal is still possible with the Lo Pro on the vehicle? Haven't decided on grille yet and was going to hold off a while, but if I need to do this now while the bumper is off so I don't have to remove the bumper for grille replacement in the future, I want to do it now.

Doesn't appear possible with the Relentless Fab Lo Peo bumper, but the hoops on the C4 and SSO appear to give enough clearance to R&R the grille with the bumper on?

2. Jul 24, 2017 at 10:02 AM
    rewted

rewted Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 Black TRD Off-Road Double Cab Short Bed
    Warn Zeon 10-S, BFG KO2 265/75/16, Bakflip MX4, Split Dual Battery System, TRD Pro Grille, Tokonsha P3 Brake Controller, ScanGauge II
    Based on my experience taking my grille out and where that bull tube on the C4 comes up to I'd expect it'd be a pain, but not impossible, to get the grille out.

If you don't want to risk it I would most definitely get the grille done first.

3. Jul 24, 2017 at 11:39 AM
    smikels

smikels Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Shane
    Suffolk, Virginia
    I do not have that bumper but I got a full SOS bumper and ended up breaking a few tabs when removing the grill after installed. It was a tight fit for sure.

Products Discussed in

To Top