1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone with this combination?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Peanut424, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Apr 11, 2010 at 12:18 AM
    Peanut424

Peanut424 [OP] Its not the speed that kills Its the sudden stops

Member:
    First Name:
    Eddie
    Dallas, GA
    Vehicle:
    2012 PreRunner 4Door
    3' lift, tinted windows, foglight anytime mod, weathertech digital fit front and back, AEM cold air intake, craven speed stubby antenna and truxedo lo pro qt tonneau cover.
    I'm planning on lifting the truck sometime next month and I'm pretty sold on this combination, But I talked to a salesman on line at Rough Country and it seemed to me like he was just giving me the run around. I know I'm new to this but dang I'm not an idiot.

- Rough Country 3 inch suspension lift for the 4wd, he said it would fit the 2wd as long as I had six lug. Which I do. He's not feeding me a line of crap is he? All it is, is spacers for the front and blocks and rear shocks for the back. I personally don't see why 2wd and 4wd would matter with that combination.

And due to having a new baby boy money is always tight. So that being said I'm sticking with the factory TRD 16 inch wheels. I read alot of posts and believe I'm going with the BF Goodrich AT 285/75/16. Any one with this set up? Do they scrub alot or just barely?

Any guidance or opinions would be greatly appreciated. :D

2. Apr 11, 2010 at 12:21 AM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.
    With stock wheels, you need wheel spacers to clear the UCAs without rubbing them with 285/75/16 tires.

That lift will fit your PreRunner, but it isn't a "true" suspension lift. It's just a spacer lift.

Also, welcome to TW!

3. Apr 11, 2010 at 12:34 AM
    Peanut424

Peanut424 [OP] Its not the speed that kills Its the sudden stops

Member:
    First Name:
    Eddie
    Dallas, GA
    Vehicle:
    2012 PreRunner 4Door
    3' lift, tinted windows, foglight anytime mod, weathertech digital fit front and back, AEM cold air intake, craven speed stubby antenna and truxedo lo pro qt tonneau cover.
    Thank you derek,

What tire size would be recommended if I was looking for a tall tire with that lift? I saw alot of people running that tire size but no one mentioned spacers. Are wheel spacers reasonably priced and worth it?

I guess I would be willing to go with spacers if I couldn't get any taller tire than the 285/75.

Am I making any sense? haha!

Well, further looking took me to your build thread. Our trucks are the same except mine is four door, so seeing yours gives me a very good idea on what mine would look like with the 265/75 on factory's. awesome looking truck man. Thanks again.

4. Apr 11, 2010 at 10:08 AM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.
    285/75/16 is probably the biggest you'd want to go with a 3-inch lift. I also forgot to mention you have to trim your inner fenders a bit in the front because you'll also rub there. You could go bigger, but then you'd be looking at some major trimming. :eek:

265/75/16 is the biggest you can go without having to worry about rubbing anything and you wouldn't need wheel spacers with those.

I had wheel spacers with my stock wheels and 285/75/16 tires and I had zero complaints. I just got rid of them when I got aftermarket wheels. :)

To Top