1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anything I need to know when installing new leaf pack?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by SKULLY, Aug 26, 2011.

1. Aug 26, 2011 at 5:10 PM
    SKULLY

SKULLY [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    06 DCSB pre runner
    Debadged, BHLM, AFE CAI, Magnaflow Cat Back, Method 301 16X8 w/285/75 BFG T/A KO 2's, King ex C/O's w/RR, King rears w/RR LR UCA's, Dakar leaf packs, Beefed narrow sliders
    Bought some used leafs with Icon 1.5" aal attached to them from another member. Anything I need to know about installing the leaf pack or shackles that would be helpful? Looks like I will have to pull the shackles out to replace the leaf's...will they realign easily? Can I re-use the U bolts?...the pack seems to be the same height as the old stock ones that are flat now. Was going to use anti-sieze on the pivots of the leafs...is that okay? Any advice would be appreciated as this seems pretty straight forward but things that seems easy don't always turn out that way1

2. Aug 26, 2011 at 5:42 PM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '13 Ford F-150 SCREW
    F-150 Mod
    It's pretty straight forward. Be aware of the rear brake lines, when you drop the axle to get the old leaf pack out and the new one in, it's easy to forget about the brake line and stretch it. I undid the bolt that holds it to the rear axle to give it a few more inches of play. Other than that, PB Plaster the hell out of the bolts the night before so the break away easier. I'm not sure if your stock u-bolts will be long enough... The Icon 3-leaf AAL comes with new U bolts for that reason. They might work, just not 100% sure... Good luck!

3. Aug 26, 2011 at 6:57 PM
    MJF

MJF VSC blows

Member:
    Peoples republic of Kaliforniastan
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD sport DCLB
    One quick tip. Install the front bolt in the leaf first, then you can move the shackle to line up the rear bolt. It makes a world of difference, much easier.

To Top