1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anytime Front/Rear Camera for 2014/2015 2nd Gen Tacoma w/Entune

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tacoma Parts Marketplace (2005-2015)' started by Logistics91, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Apr 20, 2018 at 11:08 AM
    Logistics91

Logistics91 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JJ
    Vehicle:
    2017 Quicksand Tacoma TRD OR
    Tacoma World,

Just as the title says, Anytime Front and Rear Camera for the 2014 & 2015 2nd Gen Tacoma w/Entune!!! Very easy to install, but even easier than before. The full kits (both front and rear) are now PLUG AND PLAY harnesses. Just follow the step by step instructions! I personally use mine ALL the time. I tow from time to time and love having a way to check trailer connections and cargo while driving. I also love being able to watch my tow/recovery strap become taught while pulling/recovering a buddy out of a hole. It is also nice to be able to see what's in front of you while off road. I also use it to make sure I pull far enough into the garage/parking spots. Your use may vary.

GEN 3 Video of how kit will function. Currently working on a Gen 2 Video.

This kit "tricks" the head unit and backup camera into thinking the vehicle is in reverse at anytime you flip the switch. It can be activated at ANYTIME, or even all the time. This kit is especially awesome because it has the ability to activate the reverse camera without triggering the reverse lights. The reverse camera and lights still work as normal while shifting the vehicle to Reverse.

This kit will also allow you to connect a front/forward facing (or any direction you choose) camera to the head unit as well. It will operate in the same fashion as the rear camera.

Free shipping is included on all kits. The kit takes about 30 minutes to install and you can mount the switch anywhere you would like (may require extending wires in certain circumstances). All you need is the ability to connect a 'plug and play' harness, cut, strip, and splice some wires, (instructions provided) and you're all set! While these kits come with Plug and Play harnesses, you will still need to wire in the switches, but you will not need to cut any of the wires on the Factory Head Unit Harness.

*Please note these plug and play kits are for the 2014/15 Gen 2 Tacoma w/Entune Only.

$100 OEM STYLE ANYTIME REAR and FRONT Kit includes: Click Here to Order
    • Plug and Play Harnesses for both the front and rear cameras with a provided OEM style "FRONT and REAR CAMERA" illuminated push button switch. All switches are black with white lettering. Illumination is standard Blue. The switch is pre-wired with color coded harness. This switch will fit inside the "blank" spots. No trimming required to fit. SPECIFY WHERE YOU ARE MOUNTING THIS SWITCH, CENTER STACK AREA OR CUBBYHOLE AREA ON DRIVERS LEFT. There are two sizes/shapes of the OEM Style Switches. Can be purchased without switches for $90. Kit does not include a front camera, although you may purchase one from the site. You can also elect to purchase your own camera, but it must have an RCA output as it's source.
    $50 OEM STYLE ANYTIME REAR Kit includes: Click Here to Order
    • Plug and Play Harness with a provided OEM style "REAR CAMERA" illuminated push button switch. All switches are black with white lettering. Illumination is standard Blue. The switch is pre-wired with color coded harness. This switch will fit inside the "blank" spots. No trimming required to fit. SPECIFY WHERE YOU ARE MOUNTING THIS SWITCH, CENTER STACK AREA OR CUBBYHOLE AREA ON DRIVERS LEFT. There are two sizes/shapes of the OEM Style Switches. Can be purchased for $40 without a switch.
    $60 OEM STYLE ANYTIME FRONT Kit includes: Click Here to Order
    • Plug and Play Harness with a provided OEM style "FRONT CAMERA" illuminated push button switch. All switches are black with white lettering. Illumination is standard Blue. The switch is pre-wired with color coded harness. This switch will fit inside the "blank" spots. No trimming required to fit. SPECIFY WHERE YOU ARE MOUNTING THIS SWITCH, CENTER STACK AREA OR CUBBYHOLE AREA ON DRIVERS LEFT. There are two sizes/shapes of the OEM Style Switches. Can be purchased for $50 without a switch.
    $15 Basic kit Includes - BYOS 'Bring Your Own Switch' Also Compatible with Switch Pros SP8100+ and SPODs: Click Here to Order
    *Please note, this kit does not come with a plug and play harness. You will need to cut one wire on the Factory Head Unit. And is for the REAR CAMERA ONLY.
    • Step by step installation guide
    • 1x Inline "Y" pre-wired harness
    • 1x Wiring diagram and step by step full color installation instructions.
    file4(1).jpg IMG_2981.jpg TOY-FCAM2.jpg

Each kit is tested for functionality with a multi-meter before shipping. A full color installation guide is included with all kits.

Complete Kits are ready to be packaged and shipped.

For those that remember the old kits made by @brendanwebster911 he is an Army buddy and I have taken over the production of these kits from him. Kits are still Veteran designed and assembled.

To Order: Message me or click the links above.

Anytime Rear Camera Mod for the 2nd Gen Tacoma Thread
    https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/anytime-rear-camera-mod-for-2nd-gen-tacomas.535786/

Anytime Front and Rear Camera Mod for the 3rd Gen Tacoma Thread
    https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/anytime-front-and-rear-camera-mod.542285/

Thank you.
    JJ

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
  2. Apr 20, 2018 at 1:21 PM
    I married my tacoma

I married my tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Klaus
    Location, Location, Location
    Vehicle:
    14 Tacoma
    I am really excited about this one!

Just placed my order :dancingbacon:

Edit: Install completed- Front/Rear Anytime Center Dash Button Location-

The wire, (camera and button add ons) and harnesses that came with this kit were of solid quality. The install took me more than 30 minutes.

I have only worked with car wiring a handful of times; if you are in the same boat, take your time and have a confident helper or get in touch with @Logistics91.

Everything works great, I am satisfied customer. Thanks JJ 5 Stars

Last edited: May 5, 2018
    Logistics91[OP] likes this.
  3. Apr 20, 2018 at 1:28 PM
    Logistics91

Member:
    First Name:
    JJ
    Vehicle:
    Klaus,

I just received your order.

Thanks
    JJ

4. Apr 20, 2018 at 1:32 PM
    Gunshot-6A

Gunshot-6A Prime Beef

Member:
    First Name:
    Conner
    Everett, WA
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Offroad
    When I get back from Moab, I'll shoot you a PM. Was hoping a 2nd gen F/R mod was in the works!

5. Apr 20, 2018 at 1:33 PM
    Logistics91

Member:
    First Name:
    JJ
    Vehicle:
    Sounds good Conner. Have fun at Moab.

JJ

Gunshot-6A[QUOTED] likes this.
  6. Apr 20, 2018 at 1:36 PM
    Gunshot-6A

Gunshot-6A Prime Beef

Member:
    First Name:
    Conner
    Everett, WA
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Offroad
    Always :thumbsup: I've actually got an idea that you may be able to help me with that expands off of this. I'll PM you Monday.

7. Apr 20, 2018 at 1:39 PM
    Logistics91

Member:
    First Name:
    JJ
    Vehicle:
    Cool.

8. Apr 20, 2018 at 1:46 PM
    cmbondo

cmbondo Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego CA
    Vehicle:
    2021 Cement DCSB TRD Offroad
    FOX 2.5 DSC and some other stuff too.
    I just wanted to chime in and vouch for not only the quality of JJ's product but also his customer service. Both are outstanding. The video in post 1 was made by me and shows how nice of a mod this is. Buy it guys! You won't be disappointed.

9. Apr 20, 2018 at 5:57 PM
    gibby11

gibby11 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    2nd gens are better, change my mind.
    sub'd for reference

10. Apr 20, 2018 at 5:58 PM
    Logistics91

Member:
    First Name:
    JJ
    Vehicle:
    Andrew, let me know if you have any questions.

JJ

11. Apr 20, 2018 at 6:31 PM
    Mista_G

Mista_G Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Vehicle:
    '13 DCLB 4x4
    Kings F/R 2.5" EXT w/700lb springs, JD Fab UCA’s w/ Lower Pivot Kit, Icon Progressive AAL (with TSB and overload in), CB drop, 285/75-17 nitto ridge grapplers, SCS Deep Dish Ray Dimes, Snugtop Rebel Shell, Prinsu Toprac, Gibson SS Catback Exhaust, ATH front /rear steel bumpers, CVT awning, Airflow snorkel, @ Shmellmopwho sliders, SC w/ @justdsm HPtune, 3° Cam Gears @mightytacoman, 2.8 smooth flow pulley, StopTech BBK
    Patiently waiting on that 2010-2013 version JJ haha. I contacted camera source and they said they could make it happen but wanted quite a lot for it. So I was like I’ll be patient. They did have a connection that moved the video feed from the mirror to the HU but that thing is like $70 just on it’s own.

12. Apr 20, 2018 at 6:33 PM
    Logistics91

Member:
    First Name:
    JJ
    Vehicle:
    That's next on the list Matt. Fortunately I have a buddy that has a 2011. So I can open up his truck and take a look at things.

JJ

13. Apr 20, 2018 at 6:35 PM
    Mista_G

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Vehicle:
    '13 DCLB 4x4
    Kings F/R 2.5" EXT w/700lb springs, JD Fab UCA’s w/ Lower Pivot Kit, Icon Progressive AAL (with TSB and overload in), CB drop, 285/75-17 nitto ridge grapplers, SCS Deep Dish Ray Dimes, Snugtop Rebel Shell, Prinsu Toprac, Gibson SS Catback Exhaust, ATH front /rear steel bumpers, CVT awning, Airflow snorkel, @ Shmellmopwho sliders, SC w/ @justdsm HPtune, 3° Cam Gears @mightytacoman, 2.8 smooth flow pulley, StopTech BBK
    You the man bro.

14. Apr 20, 2018 at 6:36 PM
    Logistics91

Member:
    First Name:
    JJ
    Vehicle:
    By the way, there’s a thread on TW to DIY the video feed to the head unit.

JJ

15. Apr 20, 2018 at 6:38 PM
    Mista_G

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Vehicle:
    '13 DCLB 4x4
    Yea I’ve seen that but I like my cam in my mirror, had a car that projected to the HU and JT always just felt funny. I have faith you’ll make it happen.

16. Apr 20, 2018 at 6:40 PM
    Logistics91

Member:
    First Name:
    JJ
    Vehicle:
    I already have it drawn out in my head. Just need to confirm a couple of things.

17. May 5, 2018 at 11:53 PM
    I married my tacoma

I married my tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Klaus
    Location, Location, Location
    Vehicle:
    14 Tacoma
    Updated post #2

Quality kit being offered here by JJ, 5 Star Review
    *If you are installing the front camera: it will take some time to secure the added camera wire etc

18. May 6, 2018 at 4:44 AM
    rclayb

rclayb Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    roger
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma XSP-X
    Do you have a recommendation on a front camera to buy? and what about a preferred location in the front of the truck?
    Thanks,

19. May 6, 2018 at 7:08 AM
    Logistics91

Member:
    First Name:
    JJ
    Vehicle:
    Appreciate it Klaus.

JJ

20. May 6, 2018 at 7:11 AM
    Logistics91

Member:
    First Name:
    JJ
    Vehicle:
    Roger, I would just make sure the the camera is water resistant, has a good viewing angle, and is small enough to mount where you want. I offer them by the way.

As far as a preferred mounting location, it all comes down to you, the driver, and where you want it. I always tell people to test their view once they get it connected by having a buddy or someone up front moving the camera until you get the viewing angle you want.

JJ

I married my tacoma likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top