1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

applying ensolite, how much spray coverage?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by zero niner, Jul 18, 2009.

1. Jul 18, 2009 at 3:50 PM
    zero niner

zero niner [OP] romeo oscar bravo

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Pacific Northwest
    Vehicle:
    09 DC SB Prerunner
    All Pro front plate bumper, 5100 1.75" Bilstein up front, 1" block and TSB in rear, UWS lowpro tool box, Toyota Side Steps
    Hello,

I'm going to be installing ensolite to my rear doors tonight, I've got some good tips such as do one side and then cut the other from that template in reverse, that's some great planning ahead.

My next question is besides the door handle, door pull and speaker opening, is there any other holes I need to cut, I'm trying to install just one piece.

And since it's just ensolite, how much should I spray for coverage? My assumption is maybe about 50-75% coverage as it will pretty much stay in place while it's sandwiched in between the deadener and door panel, and I'm again assuming that it just needs to be held in place because this fine gem certainly won't make any rattling noise if it's loose right?

I'm just think that I don't want to spray too much and perhaps get excess spray around so any advice on how much to spray/use? Thanks in advance folks!

Rob

2. Jul 18, 2009 at 4:34 PM
    johnecon2001

johnecon2001 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2005 TRD Sport 4x4 Access Cab
    Downey front skid, Trail Gear U-Bolt flip, Toytec AAL, Total Chaos UCA's, Bilstein 5100's x4 + Eibach adjustable coils, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, Custom Rear bumper, TRD OffRoad front tow hook, TRD Trail Team wheels, Federal Couragia M/T 265's, ARB rear locker + on board air (CKMA12), TRD shift knob, Alpine W205, TRD seat covers, Tom Woods 1 Piece drive shaft, Powermaster D2700, Stubbs HD-SKO Sliders.
    If you're worried about excess glue when you spray, just hold up a piece of cardboard as you go. I've always used Super90 in the past.

3. Jul 19, 2009 at 1:28 PM
    zero niner

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Pacific Northwest
    Vehicle:
    09 DC SB Prerunner
    All Pro front plate bumper, 5100 1.75" Bilstein up front, 1" block and TSB in rear, UWS lowpro tool box, Toyota Side Steps
    Thanks for the reply, I'm actually not concerned about the overspray, I'm more concerned about how much to actually put on the door and ensolite, I figure if I get at least 75% of it covered it'll stick pretty good. Take care!

Rob

4. Jul 19, 2009 at 3:33 PM
    sooner07

sooner07 1/2 man 1/2 amazing

Member:
    First Name:
    A A Ron
    DFW, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Debadged 2008 Rugged Trail
    Toytec ultimate lift kit, light racing UCAs, ARB bumper and full skid plates underneath. Looking into redoing the suspension and maybe repainting the ol' Taco.
    Getting as much coverage as possible is the way to go, unless you plan on taking it out anytime soon. I would try and get adhesive on everything that is going to make contact with the sheet metal. It isn't going to hurt anything and it will cut down the chance that any of it will come loose, slip, or bind.

5. Jul 19, 2009 at 3:56 PM
    zero niner

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Pacific Northwest
    Vehicle:
    09 DC SB Prerunner
    Sooner07, my man! Always with the great advice, I'm doing this tonight so I'll make sure to cover as much as I can, do I cut around the door pull mount or cover over and remount the door pull bracket? Thanks!

Rob

6. Jul 19, 2009 at 4:35 PM
    sooner07

Member:
    First Name:
    A A Ron
    DFW, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Toytec ultimate lift kit, light racing UCAs, ARB bumper and full skid plates underneath. Looking into redoing the suspension and maybe repainting the ol' Taco.
    I would cut around it. That would avoid any issues of things not fitting back like they should.

7. Jul 19, 2009 at 7:30 PM
    zero niner

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Pacific Northwest
    Vehicle:
    09 DC SB Prerunner
    Thank you, you are half man AND three quarters amazing! gonna start the project now!

Rob

8. Jul 19, 2009 at 11:04 PM
    zero niner

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Pacific Northwest
    Vehicle:
    09 DC SB Prerunner
    Done! I worked myself up for nothing, this was so easy to do! It took me about 10 mins to cut the piece, then 2 more to copy it mirrored for the other side and I was sprayed, attached and done in less than an hour for 2 doors! Awesome! I'm so stoked, I'm now ready for my road trip where I'll meet up with Marv to install the sub, sub box and amp rack and hook up the front separates! It's so gratifying to do all this work myself! Anyways, thanks folks for the feedback! This was an easy task, I can't wait to (not) hear it!

Rob

9. Jul 21, 2009 at 3:10 PM
    sooner07

Member:
    First Name:
    A A Ron
    DFW, Texas
    Vehicle:
    You'll have to convince my g/f of that. She thinks I am half boy half delusional.

Glad everything worked out. You can make a road trip out here and help me put Rammat in my truck after you drive to Marv's. It's only a 28 hour trip.

Products Discussed in

To Top