1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

AppRadio 3 SPH-DA210

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tacoma Parts Marketplace (2005-2015)' started by jlleiber, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Sep 2, 2015 at 12:38 PM
    jlleiber

jlleiber [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    2019 MGM TRD Sport DC 4x4
    I am thinking about upgrading my AppRadio 3 to an Appradio 4, but first wanted to see if I could sell my current deck before upgrading.

Here's a link of when I installed it for pics. The headunit looks the same as it did when I installed it but I'll grab an updated pic for reference... https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/appradio-3-and-s-o-b-8ptd-install.326218/

It will be the headunit and all the stuff that came with it. The wiring harness and metra dash kit will not be included because I will be re-using them for the new deck.

There is a few spots of dust under the screen, but I've found that this is pretty common and I rarely notice it anymore. Unit itself is 100% functional and I really enjoy. I just want to upgrade to get CarPlay.

Asking $270 (including shipping). Will send an official paypal invoice.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
  2. Sep 3, 2015 at 12:21 PM
    jlleiber

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    Bumpski

3. Sep 11, 2015 at 8:58 AM
    jlleiber

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    week later bump

4. Sep 11, 2015 at 9:14 AM
    imom

imom Well-Known Member

Member:
    CAL
    Vehicle:
    2014 Regular Cab
    I'm not saying you are dishonest, but I don't get why sellers ask buyers to skip on their protection asking a stranger to gift money instead of paying a product. If the seller doesn't want to pay the 3%, ask for the 3% more. There's been many posts already of naive buyers doing this and have no recourse or protection from items they paid for.

Unfortunately there's been folks with good and respectable occupations like a particular fire fighter that decided to not hold up on their end of the deal and not send the item and the TW members here are out of hundreds of dollars. Again, not saying you are shady, but this a red flag for me when I'm the buyer.

I'm not sending you a PM about this, because I want more folks reading these classified section to protect themselves. I hope this get you more attention to this thread and find a buyer for your app radio. Good luck.

5. Sep 11, 2015 at 9:57 AM
    jlleiber

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    That's fair to say - this being the internet and all. I guess I've just never had any trouble selling/buying like this. But I'm definitely open to having the buyer pay the extra 3% for the official invoicing. I've done that before and the buyer has still just sent the asking price without the +3%. Not a big deal obviously, but kind of annoying.

Edited original post..

6. Sep 11, 2015 at 10:07 AM
    imom

imom Well-Known Member

Member:
    CAL
    Vehicle:
    2014 Regular Cab
    My suggestion is that you just ask for $268 for the item you are selling and not say pay the 3% fees. If I see $260 and I want to pay $260 or less...not $260 shipped, but now pay my paypal fees... just rubs me the wrong way because paypal business model is the seller is the one that gets charged the transaction fee. So charge more and if you find someone that will pay $268...your golden...and the buyer has protection.

Good luck with your sale and take care!

7. Sep 11, 2015 at 10:08 AM
    jlleiber

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    I like the way you think - appreciate the input.

Products Discussed in

To Top