1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

APR X-1

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by HLK, Oct 15, 2010.

1. Oct 15, 2010 at 5:00 AM
    HLK

HLK [OP] New Member

Member:
    Does the Unichip plug in the same way as the APR X-1? If so how come they have the plug-ins for the 09 tacoma?

2. Oct 15, 2010 at 5:32 AM
    HLK

HLK [OP] New Member

Member:
    Nobody? If Unichip can get the plug-ins from toyota why can't APR or URD. On the Unichip website they have plug and play harnesses. Could that be used to run the APR-X1?

3. Oct 15, 2010 at 5:40 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    You should try searching 'APR', there are tons of threads on that system. From what I can tell, there is not an APR system for the '09+. It's an engine controller, I wouldn't think you'd want to do a work around to make it work if it wasn't designed for your truck. There may be something different with the '09 ECU which is why APR hasn't made a system for that year or newer yet.

4. Oct 15, 2010 at 5:52 AM
    HLK

HLK [OP] New Member

Member:
    I searched the threads and and a post said that toyota changed the plug style and APR was waiting for toyota to release the plugs. I may have read it wrong, but if its just the plug style will it work with the APR.

5. Oct 15, 2010 at 6:05 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    Not sure man, wish I could help you out more. It's a pretty neat system, I may go down that road at some point once I get over the price tag.

6. Oct 15, 2010 at 7:04 AM
    T0LLPHR33

T0LLPHR33 Well-Known Member

Member:
    S1N C1TY...(from Hilo, HI)...
    Vehicle:
    BSP TRD Off-Road
    APR X-1 | TRD CAI w/Clear Cover | TRD Short Shifter w/ TRD "RED" Shift Knob | SGII w/Blendmount| Snugtop SL w/KeyLess Entry | 5% Tint | Pop-n-Lock | Bosch Icon WB | S2K Antenna | HRM | LS 8K Projectors w/BSP HLM & 8K Fogs w/FLM | Debadged |Tinted Tails | Black Weathertechs | MX RGM & RBM | Optima Red Top 35 | Gatorback Belt |
    the entire ECU and wiring harness were changed for the '09-'11 cause from what I've heard, read, and been told by numerous friends who work for Toyota is that with the new pin configuration it allows Toyota techs/corp. to connect a computer into the OBD2 port and see exactly what you were doing at the time (speed, brakes, angle of steering, lateral g forces, etc...)

I believe it was smart on their part that way they could keep hooligans from trying to sue Toyota and ruin their brand name with the: my brakes don't work, my throttle was stuck, etc. etc. etc...

Toyota redesigned it and has been holding out on the new pic configuration, ECU, and wiring harness because of this...

The only way I know to make the X-1 work with '09-'11 is to start cutting and splicing wires...you gotta know the wiring diagram and really know what your doing cause if you f*ck up 1....that's $$$$ for a new wiring harness and ECU...

Products Discussed in

To Top