1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

APR x1 and recall reflash?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Amo-cat3, Sep 4, 2010.

1. Sep 4, 2010 at 8:17 PM
    Amo-cat3

Amo-cat3 [OP] Wizard Sleeve Master

Member:
    Maui, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Blown dubcab
    TRD Supercharged 4.0 w/ 2.5" Quick change Pulley, UCON EMS, URD 7th injector, AFE Stage II intake, DT Longtubes, MBRP 2.5" dual exhaust w/ Vibrant Ultra resonator, URD Y-pipe w/ vibrant v-bands (Cat free), Walboro 255 fuel pump, SS Oil catch can, Aeroforce gauges, Icon CDC 2.5 coilover set at 3", 1.5" Wleelers Progressive aal, Light racing uca, 17x8.5 Fuel Anza 4.5" backspace/-6 mm offset, Kelly Safari a/t 265/70/17, scanguage 2, AMP electric steps, bed extender, Low-pro tonneau cover, 20% tinted windows/headlights/taillights, tacoma seat covers, Image dynamic sound system w/ Pinoneer avh3200 head, assrtd stickers................
    • I've searched and only come up w/ supercharger info so:
    I have the x-1 and no supercharger and was wondering if anyone has had their truck reflashed yet w/ the x-1? I'm still under warranty and don't feel like telling Toyota "oh yeah, it's a computer with new cam gears etc.." (then again i can't hide the headers/intake/exhaust..........:D

Lastly, do they do the reflash through the OBDII plug or do they have to access the ecu itself?

2. Sep 4, 2010 at 8:25 PM
    Coupe

Coupe Well-Known Member

Member:
    Houston, Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 X-Runner
    Lots baby!
    This is one of the reasons, I am not going to have the reflash.

3. Sep 4, 2010 at 8:33 PM
    Amo-cat3

Member:
    Maui, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Blown dubcab
    TRD Supercharged 4.0 w/ 2.5" Quick change Pulley, UCON EMS, URD 7th injector, AFE Stage II intake, DT Longtubes, MBRP 2.5" dual exhaust w/ Vibrant Ultra resonator, URD Y-pipe w/ vibrant v-bands (Cat free), Walboro 255 fuel pump, SS Oil catch can, Aeroforce gauges, Icon CDC 2.5 coilover set at 3", 1.5" Wleelers Progressive aal, Light racing uca, 17x8.5 Fuel Anza 4.5" backspace/-6 mm offset, Kelly Safari a/t 265/70/17, scanguage 2, AMP electric steps, bed extender, Low-pro tonneau cover, 20% tinted windows/headlights/taillights, tacoma seat covers, Image dynamic sound system w/ Pinoneer avh3200 head, assrtd stickers................
    Oh well, i have an oil change coming up soon through my dealer so i'll just deny the service and play it from there. They've never said anything to me so far about my intake and exhaust, but this next visit they'll see and hear the shiny doug thorley's under the hood. Shouldn't be anything - no smog check here.

4. Sep 5, 2010 at 1:43 AM
    HILOTOY

HILOTOY HILOTOY

Member:
    From Big Island
    Vehicle:
    05 trd 4wd off road,tow pack
    hows the x1 without the supercharger.........whats the reflash for:confused:

5. Sep 5, 2010 at 8:51 PM
    Coupe

Coupe Well-Known Member

Member:
    Houston, Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 X-Runner
    Lots baby!
    The X-1 is great without the supercharger. I ran the X-1 without the blower for a few months, before installing the blower.

The reflashing is to prevent you from accelerating & braking at the same time.

6. Sep 5, 2010 at 10:30 PM
    HILOTOY

HILOTOY HILOTOY

Member:
    From Big Island
    Vehicle:
    05 trd 4wd off road,tow pack
    Thanks for the info..............have the maf cal. from URD, pretty good bang for the buck. Looking to upgrade soon, probably go your route and go x1 first, then blower. ;)

7. Sep 6, 2010 at 8:01 AM
    Gadget@URD

Gadget@URD Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    Southern Maryland USA
    Vehicle:
    URD Supercharged XRunner
    The X-1 does not interfere with accessing OBD data or reflashing the ECU.

But,,, you will want to load a new calibration file into the X-1 if you get your ECU reflashed with the TRD reflash from the dealer.

G

8. Sep 6, 2010 at 8:25 AM
    T0LLPHR33

T0LLPHR33 Well-Known Member

Member:
    S1N C1TY...(from Hilo, HI)...
    Vehicle:
    BSP TRD Off-Road
    APR X-1 | TRD CAI w/Clear Cover | TRD Short Shifter w/ TRD "RED" Shift Knob | SGII w/Blendmount| Snugtop SL w/KeyLess Entry | 5% Tint | Pop-n-Lock | Bosch Icon WB | S2K Antenna | HRM | LS 8K Projectors w/BSP HLM & 8K Fogs w/FLM | Debadged |Tinted Tails | Black Weathertechs | MX RGM & RBM | Optima Red Top 35 | Gatorback Belt |
    same here...gotta get my service done...but I'm not doing the re-flash and if they insist that I get the pedal recall done I'm going to tell them that they need to order me an entirely new throttle...I don't want a cut/trimmed version...

I got DTLH, TRD CAI...just need to install my exhaust...but Toyota techs (my friend Ray) have only told me nice setup...regarding the aftermarket parts...

I'm like Coupe been running the X-1 without the blower for quite some time...blower in the near future...but I really like how it made the throttle a little more responsive and it feels smoother going through the power band...definitely worth it in my eyes...

G,

been hearing and reading that Toyotas Re-Flash isn't compatible with the TRD S/C...because of that peoples ECU have either fried and/or its made their truck undrive-able...so Toyota has to order them a new ECU because of this...can you confirm this for me?

9. Sep 6, 2010 at 11:49 AM
    Amo-cat3

Member:
    Maui, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Blown dubcab
    Thanks for chiming in Gadget, so if your running the x1 and no supercharger than a reflash should not affect the x1 compatibility with ecu.
    However, if you are running trd supercharger with X1 then you may/do have issues when going in for a factory recall reflash and need to load a new map in the x1.

With my engine mods i do notice more engine breaking when i slow down, but for me i like it, especially when hauling and trailering.

Thanks Gadget and Tacoma world. Happy Labor day!!

Products Discussed in

To Top