1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

AR-15 Sales

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by jeckel7234, Dec 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dec 19, 2012 at 7:40 AM
    sammy87

sammy87 Well-Known Member

Member:
    co
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD SPORT 4X4
    EXACTLY, but I think they need to look like they're doing something. I think outlawing AR's is unreasonable. Look how many companies and jobs are focused on AR's and accessories. ALso look how they are flying off the shelves, someone will be able to get their hands on one.

2. Dec 19, 2012 at 7:57 AM
    Socalduckslayer

Socalduckslayer Pelfreybilt Off-Road

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    San Diego, Ca
    Vehicle:
    12 Tacoma
    Odds and Ends
    Stopped at the local Walmart yesterday for odds and ends. I always pick up a box or two of .45, .40 or .223 when there out of habit, I like to keep a good stock, need it or not. It seems to be slim pickins typically so I grab it when they have it. I got the last two boxes of .223 they had yesterday, the guy said he had over 500 boxes just a few days ago.

3. Dec 19, 2012 at 8:21 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    I bought a shotgun at Dick's last night and the guy who sold it to me said he sold more guns in the last 48 hours than he had in months. They also got an internal memo saying anything that resembles an AR had to be off the shelves including BB guns, Airsoft guns, paintball guns, etc. Even the shelves for the remaining firearms were pretty bare when I got there. Luckily, I got the last model of the shotgun I wanted that they had in stock.

4. Dec 19, 2012 at 8:24 AM
    jeckel7234

jeckel7234 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    VA
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma
    Add-a-Leaf, Leveling Kit, 31.5 Nitto Grapplers, Mag-Lite Mod, Anit-Key in the ignition beep mod, Tail gate theft mod, Trifecta tonneau cover, washable cabin air filter,
    I agree something should be done, but the big issue is the fact that it's to late now. The millions of AR/AK plateform rifles that are already on the street, once they outlaw them, only criminals would have them and would leave many people defenseless.

If there was no historical proof of governments that turn on there people then there would be little argument. And the batshit insane people that still want to murder a large number of people would still do it, wether they do it with a firearm, explosive, vehicle, or whatever. Alcohol is still legal and im sure 1000x of more children/adults die in alcohol related incidents. Fertilizer and race fuel is still legal which apperantly is what they used during the Oklahoma city bombing where 168 people died 19 which where under 6 yrs old.

5. Dec 19, 2012 at 8:31 AM
    Socalduckslayer

Socalduckslayer Pelfreybilt Off-Road

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    San Diego, Ca
    Vehicle:
    12 Tacoma
    Odds and Ends
    Well said

6. Dec 19, 2012 at 8:32 AM
    Pugga

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    Even IF the ARs were made illegal and people nicely handed over their ARs, that would not leave people defenseless... Who carries an AR with them daily for self defense? Even in a robbery situation, an AR is not necessary for self defense. I would argue that concealed handguns for carrying and a shotgun for the home are the best self defense firearms and would be more than adequate.

Don't twist what I just said, I'm not promoting the outlawing of ARs or even suggesting it, just saying that ARs are not a matter of self defense and if they are, then you should strongly reconsider your living situation.

7. Dec 19, 2012 at 8:45 AM
    travel_taco

travel_taco Gentlemans Sausage

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    09 Rust Bucket
    anti-fuel saving mods

Just to add to this..

Not to try and downplay the tragedy in CT. But the largest school related massacre in Merica's history was in 1927, killed 45 people and 38 were kids. no AR's were involved(or invented to my knowledge). Crazy people have always been around, I think we should focus on them rather than banning guns

8. Dec 19, 2012 at 9:08 AM
    09blacktaco

09blacktaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    The Rockies
    Vehicle:
    09 DC 4x4 TRD OR
    TRUTH!

9. Dec 19, 2012 at 9:35 AM
    thinkingman

thinkingman Well-Known Member

Member:
    redmond WA
    Vehicle:
    2006 dbl cab 4wd 6sp
    Foglights are for fog, not oncoming traffic!
    The second amendment is not about protecting yourself from a carjacker, it's about protecting yourself from an opressive government intent on enslaving you.
    You need to make sure your government/law enforcement community understands that you can resist their efforts, if necessary.
    That is what Ammurrica actually stands for.

10. Dec 19, 2012 at 9:36 AM
    Jon4x4

Jon4x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Deltona, Fl
    Vehicle:
    1996 T4R
    3” kit 305’s
    qft.

Too many fucktards that don't know shit about guns or what they do. They think a gun can grow leges and walk up to someone and shoot them.

11. Dec 19, 2012 at 9:46 AM
    Pugga

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    Never said it was, I was responding to someone else's comment about an AR for self defense. Your response is completely unrelated to my statement.

12. Dec 19, 2012 at 9:47 AM
    sammy87

sammy87 Well-Known Member

Member:
    co
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD SPORT 4X4
    Yeah I agree. If it comes to the point where I need to defend my home with an AR, I don't think I would want to live in this country any more. That being said,I have contempleted buying an AR just for fun, but every time I get close I know I would never use it enough to justify the price. I do think stricter background checks, high capacity mags, the gun show loophole should be looked at.

I just watched Obama's press conference, Reporter Jake Tapper brought up a good point, he asked, "your first 4 yrs you never talked about guns, you avoided it, this isn't even the worst shooting tragedy in your presidency, why now? where have you been?"

13. Dec 19, 2012 at 10:01 AM
    jspadaro

jspadaro Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    Former Tacoma Owner
    Blue Oval Mod
    Actually, FWIW, police and swat teams are moving towards ARs for urban areas because some of the frangible-type .223 rounds penetrate less than buckshot or JHPs out of a pistol. The fragmentation is way better, and the pieces tumble and lose velocity very quick even after not a whole lot of drywall.

Also, not everyone is in a city - if you're in the country, and have no neighbors close to you, an AR can be nicer than a pistol (easy retention if you get a carry strap, more accurate, quicker aim with a red dot, more takedown power) or than most types of shotguns (i'd rather one than my pump-action hunting shotgun, because its semi-auto, collapsing stock, more maneuverable, etc...)

14. Dec 19, 2012 at 10:12 AM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    actualy his statement was completely relevant. You may not agree with it however and thats completely fine.

There was an article out a few months ago about some thugs backing a van into a gun store wall one night. I guess the homeowner lived next to the store and he grabed his AR and dispatched the would be robbers

http://augustacrime.com/46067/

with the proper ammo, the AR is arguably one of the better guns for home defense. Just do a little research on it.

15. Dec 19, 2012 at 10:19 AM
    Zombie Runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    do you understand the "gun show loophole"?

Good info on frangible ammo here

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=57072

16. Dec 19, 2012 at 10:20 AM
    Pugga

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    His statement is relevant, just not really related. I wasn't trying to argue the second ammendment, just the use of an AR for self defense.

As far as a 'better' gun for home defense, we could argue that until we're blue in the face :laugh: Everyone will have different opinions and none will necessarily be incorrect.

That particular case with the gun shop owner was kind of a special case. He was an experienced shooter and probably could have gotten the job done with just about anything, just happened to take care of business with an AR.

17. Dec 19, 2012 at 10:25 AM
    AsianAnts

AsianAnts just an AnT

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Southern California (San Diego County)
    Vehicle:
    2011 PreRunner TRD Sport L/B Grey Metallic
    -Satoshi Grille Upper/Lower/Triangles -LED Map Lights, LED Dome Light, LED License Plate Lights -No front license -Wet Okole -Weather Techs (digi) -Running Boards -Bed Extender -AFE Cold Air Intake 2SI Dry Filter -Tailgate Hose-Clamp Mod, Tailgate washer Mod -Combi chain lock on bed extender -no chime w/ key in ignition & open door -Fog Light anytime -Slim Cubby's 3kHID fog -bumper plugs -keyhole plug -TRD license plate frame -combi-lock storage -rear TSB -window tint -camera mod -Painted radiator/engine covers -LS460 RetroFit -Bed Tie-Downs -LED Gauge Cluster, radio, clock and AC -Bed Mat -Extra DRings -Painted center console, radio unit, ac panel, overhead console.
  18. Dec 19, 2012 at 10:32 AM
    82 yotaman

82 yotaman H.O.G Hunter Of Gunman

Member:
    First Name:
    BUBBA
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    1982 toyta pickup/2013 toy MGM dcab 4x4 trd
    avs bugshield, avs inchannel vent visors, weather techs, trd shift knob, tailgate theft mod, windows tinted to 20%, wet okole front and back and black level 8 guardians wrapped in 265/75/R16 Duratracs oil catch can mod interior LED's, pop & lock pl5500, Leer 180 topper, OME full lift with Arb bullbar
  19. Dec 19, 2012 at 10:39 AM
    JEP

JEP Resident Lurker

Member:
    Madison
    Vehicle:
    15 DBL V6 4WD
    N-fabs, BakFlip VP, power tailgate lock, bed lights, "raptor" grill lights. Standard mall crawler stuff.
    I think we need to educate people more... My wife (even though I own guns) had no idea that a person with a mental illness can and should be stopped (depending on the situation/illness) from buying a firearm during the NICS check. Also what we need as a country is better mental healthcare. If we better diagnose people with illness then we can greatly reduce the chances of a tragedy, whether it's is harm to a group of people or a single person.

My $.02

20. Dec 19, 2012 at 10:40 AM
    Zombie Runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...

QFT :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top