1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

ARB Bumper - D Ring Mounts?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 53flattie, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Jun 23, 2011 at 8:55 AM
    53flattie

53flattie [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Upstate, SC
    Vehicle:
    2006 DC
    2.5" OME
    I installed my new ARB bumper a few weeks ago and I'm really pleased with everything about it (looks, fit, finish, etc.), but I was suprised to see that it has no provision for D rings. Every other ARB bumper that I've installed in the past has D ring mounts. Sure, it retains the factory tow/recovery points, but I like the security of a D ring when using a tow strap with a loop on the end.

Has anyone figured out a way to add D ring mounts to the ARB bumper, or replace the factory tow points with something that will accept a D ring? I have some weld-on mounts that I could add to the face of the bumper but I'm not sure that they would be structurally sound enough, and I also hate to tamper with the powdercoat finish on the bumper.

Any ideas?

2. Jun 23, 2011 at 9:06 AM
    Dark Knight

Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NC/SC
    Vehicle:
    4Runner Trail
    I use my winch hook if I need a strap. The factory tow loop will also accept a D ring but with the ARB skid on there its a very tight fit. You can trim the skid to make things work better.

To Top