1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

ARB Bumper

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Krazie Sj, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Apr 15, 2010 at 8:32 PM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj [OP] Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    IMG_0342.jpg
    IMG_0343.jpg
    IMG_0344.jpg

Fuck yeah!

2. Apr 15, 2010 at 11:37 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    You bastard , you got it on ! So really , your wife put it on right ?

Looks awesome !

OZ

3. Apr 16, 2010 at 12:25 AM
    Krazie Sj

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    As soon as I pay all my bills. :p Lord knows when that is. But I'll be keeping an eye on your thread, believe you me.

You were never my favourite either. Maybe if you wore some make up from time to time.

Cheers! I love it, thing is solid. Made the front sag a little, but it's negligible. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to weigh it though. :(

4. Apr 16, 2010 at 1:43 AM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.
    Damn that looks good.

5. Apr 16, 2010 at 12:53 PM
    Jason'sLawnCare

Jason'sLawnCare Prepared for Bambi

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Jacksonville Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 Double Cab TRD Rugged Trail
    CBI Moab 2.0, CBI Trail Rider 2.0, CBI sliders w/kickout, Superwinch EPi9.0S, OME sport shocks w/886 coils, OME n182, 1.5" aal, JasonBuilt 3/16th full belly skid, BuiltRight uca, Body Mount Chop, 285/75/16 km2's, Rear cat delete, exhaust crossover rerouted, Fog light anytime, Locker mod, Rear leaf tsb, Debadged, Uws Tool Box, Electric Exhaust Cutout, AFE Pro Dry S, Kiwi Wifi, Diff Breather Relocated, Grom Ipod Adapter, Dual Diehard platinum batteries isolated by BlueSea marine switch
    Very nice. Maybe it's the angle of the middle shot but that seems like a decent sized gap between the bumper and under the headlights. Is that adjustable? Is it done intentionally so when the frame flexes it doesn't pop the light out?

6. Apr 16, 2010 at 12:57 PM
    Krazie Sj

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    They say you're supposed to have a 15mm gap between the body and the bumper for flexing. Looks to be 15mm to me, I'm just happy it's an even gap. I've seen a few pictures of trucks on level ground the the front has a nice deep gap and the wings near the fenders are damn near touching.

7. Apr 16, 2010 at 12:58 PM
    Jason'sLawnCare

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Jacksonville Florida
    Vehicle:
    CBI Moab 2.0, CBI Trail Rider 2.0, CBI sliders w/kickout, Superwinch EPi9.0S, OME sport shocks w/886 coils, OME n182, 1.5" aal, JasonBuilt 3/16th full belly skid, BuiltRight uca, Body Mount Chop, 285/75/16 km2's, Rear cat delete, exhaust crossover rerouted, Fog light anytime, Locker mod, Rear leaf tsb, Debadged, Uws Tool Box, Electric Exhaust Cutout, AFE Pro Dry S, Kiwi Wifi, Diff Breather Relocated, Grom Ipod Adapter, Dual Diehard platinum batteries isolated by BlueSea marine switch
    Oh that's not bad. I guess it was just the angle of the shot.

Do you have any plans for a winch?

8. Apr 16, 2010 at 12:59 PM
    Krazie Sj

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    One day, but nothing in the near future. Currently it's for bambi bowling.

I think I'll get a lift next, then bigger tires, then a winch.

9. Apr 16, 2010 at 1:10 PM
    Jason'sLawnCare

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Jacksonville Florida
    Vehicle:
    :laugh: bambi bowling. Good one.

10. Apr 16, 2010 at 1:10 PM
    Krazie Sj

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Yeah, fuck deer.

11. Apr 16, 2010 at 4:27 PM
    Krazie Sj

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    For those who have an ARB bumper, did you have to splice the marker/turn signals into the existing turn signals or am I missing something? I have the lines coming from the lights themselves, and the the scotch connector that extends the wiring another foot or so.

12. Apr 16, 2010 at 4:35 PM
    jefferson

jefferson needs to stop cruising Buy/Sell/Trade....

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    San Diego (North Park!), CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    toyota brand hitch and uhaul wiring harness, fog lamps on anytime, bed lamps, map lights on with dome, day time running lamps, remove secondary air filter, painted bumper grill, Double Din touch screen stereo, Sockmonkey custom SR5 decal, door & seatbelt bells disabled, painted engine cover, installed compass/temperature overhead console, failed mod: passenger side auto down window switches, weathertech front mats, RedLine hood struts, Cheap Beep piezo buzzer locking beep, 5100s in the front set at 2.5, 5100s in the rear, AAL, hitch safe, revenge fab sliders, bed bar, prerunner light, cb wired
    Do you feel the weight when you drive? I just installed sliders and i swear i feel like i can feel the truck move at turns differently!

13. Apr 16, 2010 at 4:42 PM
    Krazie Sj

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Yup. Feels like there's just a hair of understeer now due to the weight in the front end. Rides a little smoother over bumps. Haven't had a chance to take it on the highway yet.

Even though you're a good quacker, I've always been scared to give you a full on moosing.

14. Oct 11, 2010 at 12:45 PM
    Mytidawg

Mytidawg Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Vince
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma 4x4 Sport
    ARB front bumper, King Coil over suspension
    As far as a front bumper I had to make a decision as well...I went with the ARB for durability and they whole reason why they were made in the outback and all that crap...bashing the roos

I personally had a show down with a deer going up to Lake Tahoe...literally going from 65mph down to 30 in a quick second....the deer and I had a face off in the middle of the night...my girlfriend woke up in the passenger seat freaked out....I was freaked out cuz of my plastic stock bumper

Here is a pic of my all new venison blaster....I really like the way it came out......the fog lights got lost and were never delivered...pain in the ash to get 4WD Parts to admit they never sent them .......however I need some advice for suspension now.....are coil overs a lift?...or do they just raise up the front a few inches......and I heard this can affect the camber of the front wheels.....I'd like some advice on a nice 2.5 or 3 inch lift.....i also heard to STAY AWAY from a rev-tek lift....VF...San Jose CA

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Oct 11, 2010 at 12:49 PM
    Krazie Sj

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Looks good!

I went OME myself. Same company that makes the ARB and the coils and shocks are made to go with the ARB bumper.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's some pics of my new OME shocks with 886 coils on them. Truck rides so much nicer than with the stock coilovers on there.

16. Oct 12, 2010 at 8:51 AM
    Mytidawg

Mytidawg Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Vince
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma 4x4 Sport
    your bumper looks like it has a large gap at the back.......do you get any rattle when riding on washboard roads since it is so close up towards the front.....instructions said 13mm to 15mm gap

17. Oct 12, 2010 at 6:02 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Looks to me like Krazie's is a little too high in the front , about as much as yours is too low in the front . ;)

18. Oct 13, 2010 at 12:00 PM
    Mytidawg

Mytidawg Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Vince
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma 4x4 Sport
    yea....I'm heading back into my buddy's shop here pretty soon to see about bringing the front end up...so the gap is not so dramatic.....just as long as it doesn't touch or rattle when off road......but yea I see what you're saying....it doesn't bend forward or anything but the gap is kinda big...my buddy's gonna think I'm crazy.....:goingcrazy:

Products Discussed in

To Top