1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

ARB Compressor Isolation Mount

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by HBMurphy, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Dec 26, 2009 at 8:18 PM
    HBMurphy

HBMurphy [OP] Ban Pending

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    So California Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road Delete Model
    None
    So maybe I'm anal :anonymous: but I wanted to mount my ARB High Volume compressor on a isolation mount to minimize the buzzzzzzz :lalala: that the compressor makes and who knows, maybe extend the life of the compressor.

Compressor Buzz
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pu-fdyYgp2g

First I made a hat section out of some steel stock from Lowes. I didn't have a brake so I had to make due with a hammer, a vice and some peices of wood. I think it came out half-way decent considering I was using farm methods.
    [​IMG]

Next, being that I am so green ;), I went to my local tire shop and collected my, now favorite isolation bushings - these are actually the rubber that they cut off from the valve stems to remove them. I like em! :D
    [​IMG]

Next I drilled some holes (taped the flanges with hammer to transfer location of the 3 studs on passenger side fender well and used the ARB backing plate to locate the ones for the compressor).
    [​IMG]

Note that I drilled out the ones for the compressor to 1/2 inch so that they would be large enough so that the bracket would not touch the bolts when I tightened them. A little primer, 2 coats of gloss black, a little time in my oven...
    [​IMG]

I put two of my new favorate isloation bushings on each compressor mounting bolt (one above the bracket with round end down and one below the bracket round end up). Then I tightened the compressor mounting bolts so that 1.5-2.0 threads are showing.
    [​IMG]

Tomorrow I'm going to mount this thing in my truck, wire it up and see how buzzworthy the mount is or isn't. :turtleride:

Oh yeah, sorry for the cell phone pics! :p

2. Dec 26, 2009 at 8:51 PM
    HBMurphy

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    So California Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road Delete Model
    None
    Yeah... You've got a great rig with a great attention to detail! I'm jealous - I still want to see the tigerfan paint job!!!

3. Dec 27, 2009 at 8:10 AM
    HBMurphy

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    So California Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road Delete Model
    None
    Thanks. I would love to have a york with a clutch running off the engine but I just can't see it fitting unless there's some major juggling of things up front. :(

But once again, you do it right and your ocd is really working for you! ;)

4. Dec 27, 2009 at 10:08 AM
    silver07taco

silver07taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    COIL
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    13 Tundra RCSB 5.7 4x4,07 Tacoma AC 4.0 4x4
    2013 Tundra RCSB 5.7 4x4, 2007 Tacoma AC 4.0 4x4
    Nice work, I might try to do something like that for my viair in my tool box.

5. Dec 27, 2009 at 4:08 PM
    HBMurphy

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    So California Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road Delete Model
    None
    I feel your pain. I just did a 1 hour job that should have taken 15 minutes. Didn't like the idea of crimping electrical connections when I had perfectly good soldering iron, shrink wrap and heat gun!!! ;)

6. Aug 9, 2010 at 10:55 PM
    Santi

Santi Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Santiago
    Baja, MEXICO
    Vehicle:
    2005 4WD TRD Off Road Tacoma 6 Spd Short Bed
    JBA headers, TRD exhaust system, Air Aid Throttle Boady Spacer, AFE Cold Air Intake, Fitch Fuel Catalyst, Weathertech floor liners, Wet Okole seat covers, I-pod jack, Tuffy steel bed tool box, SUNGtop Camper Shell, ARB high output air compressor, Total Chaos UCA´s, BILSTEIN heigth adjustable shocks.
    Hello I just installed the High Output ARB air compressor in ´05 4WD TRD Off Road Toyota Tacoma,And I wonder if you can give me a hand sending me some pictures of how should I connect the air hose for the tire inflation kit, I am kind of lost with all the fitting, since my Tacoma has the rear TRD electric locker, I am using the air compressor only as an accessory, for the moment I have no intentions to install a front ARB.

Can you please guide me on this little issue?
    Best regards

Santiago Olachea

santiago.olachea@gmail.com

7. Aug 9, 2010 at 11:26 PM
    HBMurphy

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    So California Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road Delete Model
    None
    I don't have that option installed but I know someone that does - let me get a picture from him and hopefully I can post tomorrow.

8. Aug 10, 2010 at 11:18 AM
    Santi

Santi Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Santiago
    Baja, MEXICO
    Vehicle:
    2005 4WD TRD Off Road Tacoma 6 Spd Short Bed
    JBA headers, TRD exhaust system, Air Aid Throttle Boady Spacer, AFE Cold Air Intake, Fitch Fuel Catalyst, Weathertech floor liners, Wet Okole seat covers, I-pod jack, Tuffy steel bed tool box, SUNGtop Camper Shell, ARB high output air compressor, Total Chaos UCA´s, BILSTEIN heigth adjustable shocks.
    Thanks, I really hope you can give me a hand, I emailed ARB in the USA yesterday and they have no reply yet.

But it is always great to get the information from the real world of off roaders and Tacoma drivers.

Thanks

Santi

9. Oct 14, 2010 at 11:25 AM
    08pretaco

08pretaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra 4x4 CM 5.7L SR5
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    I know i know thread revival blah blah...did you ever post pics on the install?

10. Dec 14, 2010 at 1:36 PM
    bjmoose

bjmoose Bullwinkle J. Moose

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    San Jose CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 Std Cab 4x4 5sp
    OME suspension, ARB Air Lockers, CBI/Relentless/Pelfrey armor, HAM radio
    bump for more pics.

11. May 26, 2015 at 6:16 PM
    Pigpen

Pigpen My truck is never clean

Member:
    Northwest Montana
    Vehicle:
    2012 AC Manual 4.0 4x4 Base Model
    Access cab toolbox/ dog bed with seats and headrests deleted, waterproof TRD seat covers, yellow wire mod, diff breather relocated to tail light, engine block heater, Leer topper with Yakima tracks and rack, Yakima rack on cab, Ride Rite with Daystar cradles, CBI hidden front hitch, wired for winch front and rear Warn quick connect, Warn x8000i on external carrier, sway bar delete, trailer plug relocated to bumper, Pelfreybilt IFS and Mid skids, ECGS front diff bushing, ARB CKMA12 compressor, 255/85/16 Backcountrry MT 3 load E tires on stock steel rims, Up2NoGood heated mirror kit, Husky X-act Contour front floor liners, Northstar AGM 24F battery, Pelfreybilt bolt on sliders with kickout and top plates, TRD Pro headlights, Depo smoked tail lights, Energy suspension body mount bushing kit, OME Dakar leaf packs with AAL, Billstein B110 rear shocks, OME 90021 front shocks with 885 coils, SPC LR UCAs, Up2NoGood 2wd low range mod, 4 Wheel Campers Grandby slide in camper
    Moar pics pleeze! Compressor en route...

Yes, bringing this one back from the dead - looking for anyone's under the hood install pics.

Products Discussed in

To Top