1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

ARB Twin Air Compressor

Discussion in 'Toyota Trucks & SUVs' started by Jordojkg, Oct 26, 2022.

1. Oct 26, 2022 at 3:56 AM
    Jordojkg

Jordojkg [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Vehicle:
    200 series
    Hey there,
    I was looking for some help with a simple wiring diagram to switch the compressor on and off..
    What I have done so far is ran a positive and negative 135amp wire from the front batteries to the back of the rear of the car..
    Then from the 2 pin plug coming out from the compressor which I have connected the red/yellow wire with the diode to the purple wire from the wire loom going to the switch.
    The diode is facing the correct way to the switch..
    Ive also connected the 2 black wires to the switch from the 2 pin plug also..
    Im struggling where the 2 wires have to be connected to, one is the red wire and the blue wire with white stripe I have connected to the switch but I don't know what to do from there or do I need them??
    I want the switch to be illuminated when opperate in the dark..
    Ill attach a picture of what I have done so far so for everyone to view..
    I look forward to

IMG_4912 3.HEIC.jpg
    IMG_4913 3.HEIC.jpg
    IMG_4914 3.HEIC.jpg
    IMG_4915 3.HEIC.jpg

2. Oct 28, 2022 at 3:10 PM
    PrometheusTacoma

PrometheusTacoma New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD OR
    Hey Jordo
    I just wired this up myself, it looks like you have the switch wired correctly. From there, you'll want to go purchase a couple of Fuse Power Taps. I got mine at AutoZone for $8ea. Tap the Red wire into an Accessory Powered fuse, I put mine in the 10amp Shift Lock Fuse, that will make it only turn on when the truck is running, to keep you from accidentally draining your battery. Then put the small blue wire into a fuse like the 5amp Dash Fuse slot, that will allow it to be lit up whenever the Dash is lit.

Keep in mind that you will need a duplicate of whichever fuse you tap into. So if you do the locations I pointed out, you will need to purchase an additional 10amp and 5amp fuse.

Products Discussed in

To Top