1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

are the 2nd gen Tacomas garbage?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by chaosbound, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Feb 28, 2012 at 7:18 AM
    2004TacomaSR5

2004TacomaSR5 Nemesis Prime

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma DCSB & 1980 Toyota Pickup 4WD
    Tacoma is stock and staying that way, Pickup is TBA as of now.
    They are definitely not garbage! I had mine up on the lift for the first time this week and looking at the drive train and the way the frame is built, these trucks are built very well and beefy! The rear driveline on my Tacoma is bigger than the one on my 67 F250 3/4 ton! I am jealous of my Taco in a way, it has lots of things in it that came from the factory that I wish my Bronco and Jeep had!

2. Feb 28, 2012 at 8:49 AM
    coffeesnob

coffeesnob Well-Known Member

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 access 4 cyl 2 wd
    I have an auto 4cyl. Wish I had bought the v-6 as the gas mileage is pretty crappy. Then again my s-10 v-6 was too. I have a few annoyances with this thing. Got one fixed it was the squeaky blower motor. The other one is an annoying rattle in the dash somewhere ......t comes and goes. The stock radio and speakers are rather cheap. I think the a/c could be a little better too. Other than that it's been great!

3. Feb 28, 2012 at 9:08 AM
    03coma

03coma Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB TRD, SR5
    TRD Pro Grille, Skid Plate, TRD Cat-Back Exhaust System, 2017 Tacoma TRD Rims, ARE Series II Lid,
  4. Feb 28, 2012 at 10:14 AM
    tonyplanet

tonyplanet Well-Known Member

Member:
    Glendora, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Off-Road
    enough to get me there
    I'm happy with my truck. Of course it isn't perfect, there are a few things that are annoying. For example: shifting (not as smooth as my old 93' 4cyl. yota), blower squeek, wheel wells (if you plan on doing any wheeling on 33"s prepare to trim a lot, and have broken fender flares), MPG sucks on the v6 6-spd. I don't understand this. You would figure a standard transmission would get better MPG than an automatic WTF. But, can't complain on that last point, I bought a truck knowing this. Plus side my commute is 10 miles round trip.

Only time will tell. So far I enjoy wheeling my truck and it being my daily driver.

Products Discussed in

To Top