1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Are the parts necessary?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Lane Cypert, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Oct 29, 2008 at 6:42 AM
    Lane Cypert

Lane Cypert [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lewisville, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2008 silver prerunner double cab TRD
    I am planning on getting the Bilstein 5100's set at 2.5 and wondered what else I needed to do in the front. I have heard I need new CV's and Upper Control Arms to minimize the stress. I was checking to see who has replaced them and who is just running the 5100's alone. I am also wondering the cost of replacing them as well. I don't want to spend the extra cash if it's not needed but I want to get everything done correctly at the same time.

2. Oct 30, 2008 at 9:44 AM
    Taco's for All

Taco's for All Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lake George, NY
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma TRD Off Road Double Cab
    Nothing at the moment
    I actually have the same question except that I only plan to run at 1.75. I had a sports car that I put lowering springs in and if I made it a month before needing a bunch of new parts to straighten everything out, I'd be surprised. As for the Taco, I'm hoping to have the Billys by Christmas but if I need other parts like UCA's or a diff drop, I'll just wait until tax season. In the long run, I hope to be running a 3" lift by Tax season 2010.

3. Oct 30, 2008 at 9:46 AM
    SocalMan22

SocalMan22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve-0
    So*Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner Dbl Cab
    What Mods!
    im running the 5100's set at 2.5" no issues im running stock tire too 265-70-16 and will eventually change the uca's out

4. Oct 30, 2008 at 9:49 AM
    LonghornTaco

LonghornTaco Can you pass the bailout please?

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    Black 09 4x4 TRD Off Road Doublecab
    3" ToyTec coilover lift on Bilstein 5100s, Total Chaos UCAs, ToyTec diff drop, Scangauge II, 4D MagLite mounted on the drivers seat, Painted engine cover, Painted calipers (red), Painted skid plate (red) Valentine 1 radar detector hard wired, Damplifier Pro on the floor, back wall and doors, Luxury Liner Pro on the floor and doors, Kenwood DNX8120, 2 Pioneer TS-SW1041D 10" shallow mount subs, 2 Pioneer PRS-D4200F 1200W amps, Mr Marv sub enclosure, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5" components in the front doors, Alpine 5.25" coaxials in the rear doors, A.R.E. LSII fiberglass tonneau cover, All Pro bumper, All Pro sliders, Wet Okole seat covers, Sockmonkey Mountain badges, PIAA 510 SMR Driving Lights, Warn M8000 Winch, Bud Built skids
    UCAs aren't required, but recommended. They will correct some alignment issues you will have. Also, if you are planning to run 285s on the stock rims, you'll need them because your tires will rub them.

I put a 3" ToyTec coilover lift with bilstein 5100s and replaced my UCAs with Total Chaos. I'm running 285s on stock rims and I still get some rubbing on the UCAs at full articulation when backing up. Probably going to have to get some small spacers or something.

5. Oct 30, 2008 at 9:57 AM
    Taco's for All

Taco's for All Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lake George, NY
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma TRD Off Road Double Cab
    Nothing at the moment
    How often do you get an alignment because of your set up? Any different than normal driving?

6. Oct 30, 2008 at 10:00 AM
    SocalMan22

SocalMan22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve-0
    So*Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner Dbl Cab
    What Mods!
    I only get an allignment when im done off roading i drive like i stole my shit

Products Discussed in

To Top