1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Are UCAs Needed?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by rebelsold, May 20, 2010.

1. May 20, 2010 at 10:55 AM
    rebelsold

rebelsold [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gim
    huntsville, alabama
    Vehicle:
    07 prerunner trd off road
    leveling kit, intake, leather seats
    So in the next month or so i'm doin the OME kit with the full leaf pack in the rear. I've been researching for over 2 months and a ton of folks on this borad keep saying they did the UCA swap. So i talked to the guys at Rocket City Offroad (local offroad shop) and the owner flat out said there was no reason to do the UCA. Keep in mind he knows i'm willing to pay for it and for the install so why say no need for it? These guys have done a lot of work for me and i really trust them. So what do i go with. :confused:

2. May 20, 2010 at 11:03 AM
    erion109

erion109 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jayson
    Nashville
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD SPORT
    Weathertech FR & RR, DDM Tuning HID 55W 5000k Bi-Xenon, ARE topper, Yellow painted fog-lamp mod, anytime fog-lamp, Ipod interface, Red Top OPTIMA, Bilstein 5100s and 1.5 Toytech AAL, Redline Hoodstruts and EZdown tailgate.
    I'm anxious to see what answers you get. I'm either going to purchase the Ultimate Toytec kit or the OME kit and from what I've seen on here, I'm going to need UCAs. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

3. May 20, 2010 at 11:03 AM
    aficianado

aficianado Well-Known Member

Member:
    bay area, california
    Vehicle:
    2006 access cab. 4x4, TRD-OR
    back to bone stock.
    reb, i did the OME. a mild version. i went with 884 springs up front, NO spacers. in the end, i got maybe 2.5"'s of lift. i took it in for an alignment, and the tech couldnt get caster within spec. drivablity? it drives fine. while the truck drives straight, and i have ZERO wandering, i admit..the front end feels mildly looser. i plan on doing the UCA, when i have the $$ and time.

my truck appears to have settled a bit. i might go back in for a warranty alignment and see if they can get it closer.

4. May 20, 2010 at 11:17 AM
    dogbite

dogbite Well-Known Member

Member:
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    '10 double cab TRD OR
    OME lift, Leer shell, Beefed sliders, Extra 12V outlets for rear bench
    I had the dealer install my OME lift as they offered it at an acceptable price and I didn't want to fuss warranty with them for doing aftermarket. I didn't need aftermarket UCAs to get a good alignment.

Which is not to say that the stock UCAs will last and won't get replaced down the road.

To Top