1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Are you considered a redneck if you drive a lifted Tacoma?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by BenWA, Jul 19, 2011.

?

How much redneck?

Poll closed Aug 18, 2011.
  1. Harvard educated and speak with an English accent over crumpets and tea (0% redneck)

51 vote(s)
    13.7%
  2. I'm not afraid to admit that I have touch of redneck in my DNA (1 - 33% redneck)

190 vote(s)
    50.9%
  3. My Taco is covered with mud most of the time, and I've shot at least one can (33 - 67% redneck)

79 vote(s)
    21.2%
  4. Wad of chew in my lip, camo seat covers, and at least on firearm in my truck (Total redneck)

53 vote(s)
    14.2%
  1. Jul 19, 2011 at 11:19 PM
    R.J.

R.J. Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    RJ
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    05 4x4 6spd SR5 TRD Off Road
    Weather Tech Floor Liners (Black), Weather Tech In-Channel Window Visors, 10% Tint Rear - 15% Tint Front, Black Badges, Konig Countersteer Offroad Type X with 265/70/17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, "Homeroshi" Grille, Toytec Ultimate Lift Kit, Light Racing Upper Control Arms
    Nope... 0% here!

2. Jul 19, 2011 at 11:29 PM
    Khaos

Khaos Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD SPORT Prerunner
    3” spacer lift, 285/75/17 KO2, Spidertrax 1.25” spacers
    Depends on your definition of redneck, as in my area there are two distinct types:

Type 1) Redneck. Name given because they usually have a redneck from working construction. As a former construction worker, this is my definition of a redneck.

Type 2) Though usually high school kids and 20 somethings, idiots with sky jacked trucks complete with rubber testicles, rebel flag decals, and a ridiculously thick Southern accent that is in no way real.

I don't consider myself a redneck, but I hunt, drive a truck, dip, spend as much time and spend as much time outdoors as possible. I'd prefer not to label myself, as labels are too damn restrictive.

3. Jul 19, 2011 at 11:36 PM
    CVYota

CVYota Damaged goods

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Crescenta Valley
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCLB V6 4WD
    Extended front 2.5 Icons. LR UCAs, Dakar Leaf Springs, rear King Smooth 2.5 w/res , Softopper, 285/75-16 Goodyear Wrangler MT/R with kevlar,16x8 SCS wheels 4.5 bs, Brute Force Rear bumper, 4x4 switch led, Diff Breather mod, weathertechs, Pelfrybilt front bumper, IFS and mid skids, B.A.M.F rear diff armor, LCA armor, Light bar mount and Sliders, Homer grill, Andres Devil horns, LED light bar, gauge pod with dual battery gauge and ecometer. Dual battery.
    maybe a reference to bbq or just a homophobic remark or joking?

4. Jul 19, 2011 at 11:41 PM
    Stubbs95tacoma

Stubbs95tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Blake
    Wichita
    Vehicle:
    07 SR5
    6 Inch Lift
    no i prefer "Appalachian american"

5. Jul 19, 2011 at 11:58 PM
    achirdo

achirdo I Weld!

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    North DFW
    Vehicle:
    06 dodge ram 3500 5.9 cummins
    real Country music (not that shitty Nashville country), dip, drink, mud, hunt, fish, bowfish, raise hell, camo seat covers, browning sticker (yes I actually shoot a browning), lifted, m/ts, cb radio, own multiple cowboy hats that get worn regularly, jeans&cowboy boots all year long, team realtree camo hat is what I wear every day

I don't like redneck it sounds trashy. I prefer country, southern, good ol boy, etc

6. Jul 20, 2011 at 12:03 AM
    especk

especk Nothin' Special

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    Redding, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Reg Cab 4x4
    3" OME lift with 885 coils on nitrocharger 90000 shocks with 5mm trim packer on driver's side, TC UCAs, Rear OME Dakar leafs with nitrocharger shocks, All-pro U-bolt flip kit and 3* Toytec shims, extended rear brakelines, 16" Raceline Rockcrusher 887 wheels with 3.6" backspacking, BFG KM2 305/70/16 tires, Doug Thorley header, Doug Thorley catback exhaust, Volant CAI with ram air, Weathertech floor mats, Kicker 12" sub, Kenwood 500W RMS amp, Relentless Fab front and rear bumpers, 4.88 gears, custom flatbed with swing out tire carrier
    i shoot a browning 270 abolt, mossberg turkey, blah blah blah. And I chew grizzly and sometimes skoal but blah. that dont make u a redneck neck. its all about how you act. im graduating from my doctorate program in less than a year and my gf told me for the first time (last night) im a redneck cuz i chew so i dunno

7. Jul 20, 2011 at 12:09 AM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    i’m not lifted. BUT i’m got a bit of redneck in me. but i like "country boy” or "southern boy” more than redneck.

country music. check
    hunt and fish=check
    like going 4 wheeling= check
    know how to party=check
    knows not to mess with, 1, another mans woman, 2 a mans truck, 3 don’t mess with another man dog/family=check
    got some what of a southern accent=check
    got plenty of guns=check.

do i wear jeans and boots every day. hell no! i don’t dip ether.
    i say i’m like 33% to 67% country.
    so if you saw me out some wear. you’r fist guess about me is not going to be the same as when you get to know me.

8. Jul 20, 2011 at 12:16 AM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    ha. i know 14y/o that cops have found them to have dip and they did nothing. and buy you saying you’r 100% other than the dip. i bet you dip. but hey idk you so idk.

9. Jul 20, 2011 at 3:19 PM
    BenWA

BenWA [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Boston burbs
    Vehicle:
    '06 Double Cab TRD Off Road 4X4
    yessir -- NJA

10. Jul 20, 2011 at 4:50 PM
    jgwheeler17

jgwheeler17 I'm a zit. Get it?

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab TRD Off-Road 4x4
    neglect, mostly.
    yeah my brother "kinda" got in a fight with him at The Long Branch in Raleigh last year lol. (he was with a girl we're good friends with and drugged out brantley gilbert grabbed her when she was getting a picture with him. my brother said he had a fist full of gilberts shirt in one hand and a locked fist pulled back in the other (he was very drunk) when the security guard threw him to the ground and kicked him out of the bar lol.)

and i guess im somewhat of a redneck by the polls standards. my trucks not lifted, but im going to a little bit hopefully soon. I dip, i have chickens, i was president of my FFA, love guns, and the outdoors among other things. but my parents are college educated, i go to college, am a religious sperry wearer and as my roommate but it my freshman year "for someone who dips you brush your teeth a lot" lol. so call me what you want. not many rednecks know 56 digits of pi (had a lot of spare time in middle school algebra lol. though i guess that's the nerd in me too :eek:)

11. Jul 20, 2011 at 4:58 PM
    jgwheeler17

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    neglect, mostly.
    bingo on the brantley gilbert writing all jason aldeans shitty songs. a girl (to reasons i can't figure out) that's really into me right now wants me to go to his concert with her this year. not commiting suicide through that (if i go) will require lots of alcohol. . . . and hell yes on the jamey johnson. he truely is the only living country singer. Grade A bad ass too. hank III is a poser that is trying to scape as much of a living as he can off his daddy's name.

12. Jul 20, 2011 at 5:07 PM
    jgwheeler17

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    neglect, mostly.
    meh, to each his own. still not for me. he just pushes the whole "outlaw, im such a badass blah blah blah . . ." stuff for me, when jamey johnson doesn't, you can just tell. he's actually lived life on the bottom and writes kick ass songs.

now you want TRUE true country. merle haggards where it's at. im such a huge fan of him. and if you want damn good music (though honestly not country ill admit it) go to a zac brown band show. their musicianship (i play a few instruments so i appreciate it a lot) is bar none compared to anyone else today.

13. Jul 20, 2011 at 5:35 PM
    WhiskeyDeltaTango

WhiskeyDeltaTango Resident Redneck

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Braselton, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    Dirty Black Taco
    ARB Bull Bar, ProComp 9" lights, Dual Hella aux backup lights, WARN VR10000, OME 886x, Dakar Leafs, UWS Low Profile Toolbox, Kicker CVT10, Kicker 750.1
    NFW! Brantley was in a bar in Athens GA (close to where we are both from) I showed up with his ex (just friends) and he got in my face saying "why you with my girl, punk?" talking shit. about 5 seconds later he got KTFO. and his two "security guards" tried to grab me and my two buddies let them have a bud bottle to the head. I'm not much of a talker.

BTW here is the actual reason he is a confirmed douche. He was 3 yrs out of HS (so 20-22) and he would show up at HS parties wearing his letter jacket! because the 15yr old freshmen thought he was God.

POLL: does that make him a douche?

14. Jul 20, 2011 at 7:05 PM
    PSJ

PSJ Prerunners Work

Member:
    Sebastian Inlet
    Vehicle:
    09 Access Cab Prerunner
    Rear Leaf spring TSB, Bilstein 5100's all around w/ front set at 1.75", 265/75R/16 Mickey Thompson Baja STZ's, Trailer hitch w/custom wiring, AFE drop in dry filter, Rear Diff breather mod, Debadged truck, customized stock TRD wheel center caps, added factory fog lights, bed mat, door sills, tinted windows
    Remember, "Tacoma" is a three syllable word?

15. Jul 20, 2011 at 7:18 PM
    jgwheeler17

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    neglect, mostly.
    That's fucking hilarious and awesome . . . and yes that does make him a major douche. Lol!

16. Jul 20, 2011 at 7:36 PM
    GA_TACO4x4

GA_TACO4x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    here 'n there
    Vehicle:
    07 DCSB 4x4
    marathon superhide max-4 seat covers, weathertechs, maglite mod, 20% tint, 2" leveling kit, leaf spring tsb.
    all of this ^^ i hated hank 3 the first time i heard his music. Jamey Johnsons music has meaning and u can tell he's actually been there. ZBB is coming along way from their "chicken fried" song. so am i the only one who thinks eric church is one of the few good country singers as well?

17. Jul 20, 2011 at 7:59 PM
    04taco2wd

04taco2wd Take your flame, ignite the world!!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Colby
    Southern Pitt,NC
    Vehicle:
    06 AC 4x4 SR5
    6" Fabtech Lift, Custom bedside decals, ICON C/Os, 17x9 Cruiser Alloys, 33x12.5x17 Coopers, UWS Lopro Toolbox, more to come...
    I'll agree with you there. Old Crow Medicine Show and Union Station are very good... more bluegrass than country.

18. Jul 20, 2011 at 8:05 PM
    04taco2wd

04taco2wd Take your flame, ignite the world!!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Colby
    Southern Pitt,NC
    Vehicle:
    06 AC 4x4 SR5
    6" Fabtech Lift, Custom bedside decals, ICON C/Os, 17x9 Cruiser Alloys, 33x12.5x17 Coopers, UWS Lopro Toolbox, more to come...
    I hate labels any way. What makes a person this or that. Because I have too many different kinds of friends and way too many hobbies to be labeled anything. I guess you could call me "country" because i love to fish and hunt, i work on a farm with my granparents, and i was raised to say yes maam to every woman i come across...but thats just half of what i do. i love my country and bluegrass music, but damn there are some times when hard rock and metal do it for me. Does that change who I am? No. Because who I am has nothing to do with what label someone gives me.

Just my 2 cents

19. Jul 20, 2011 at 8:07 PM
    beckleyota

beckleyota Well-Known Member

Member:
    wv
    Vehicle:
    o7 taco
    vent visors,tint,kenwood headunit, trex eyelids,kenwood componants,5100's,1 aal,cabellas seatcovers,painted stereo suround
    i just saw brantley gilbert in concert and he has an awsome show, jasol aldean could learn from him, but nobody puts a show on like garth brooks

20. Jul 20, 2011 at 8:39 PM
    jgwheeler17

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    neglect, mostly.
    Yeah Eric church is a NC boy and I go to school with a bunch of people that are from where he's from and they are just batshit crazy about him. I like his songwriting a lot and I saw him at the state fair 2 years ago, he'll of a show. you can tell he's in it for the fans.

Products Discussed in

To Top