1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Are you having problems getting rear spring TSB for 2nd Gen?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by genxer36, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Jun 29, 2011 at 8:40 PM
    CVYota

CVYota Damaged goods

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Crescenta Valley
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCLB V6 4WD
    Extended front 2.5 Icons. LR UCAs, Dakar Leaf Springs, rear King Smooth 2.5 w/res , Softopper, 285/75-16 Goodyear Wrangler MT/R with kevlar,16x8 SCS wheels 4.5 bs, Brute Force Rear bumper, 4x4 switch led, Diff Breather mod, weathertechs, Pelfrybilt front bumper, IFS and mid skids, B.A.M.F rear diff armor, LCA armor, Light bar mount and Sliders, Homer grill, Andres Devil horns, LED light bar, gauge pod with dual battery gauge and ecometer. Dual battery.
    I waited for my 5k service and asked if anyone was complaining about the truck bottoming out under a heavy load, the service manager said no, but I would have to bring it in loaded and test it. I agreed and left it alone, figured my next step was to bring in the TSB. When I went to get my truck the SM was acting all happy because HE found the TSB and would order the springs right away.....:D

2. Jun 29, 2011 at 11:30 PM
    transplant

transplant resident know-nothing

Member:
    First Name:
    theo
    Crestline, Ca
    Vehicle:
    89 sr5, 99 OR, 11sport, 14 offroad
    this would be me.

so... since im a terrible liar.. im prolly just going to have to load up my bed full of shit and smash down on those bump stops a few times.. then go get the extra leafs put on.

imma call mall of ga toyota tomorrow and see what i can weasel out of them though. sounds like you didnt have a real difficult time.

3. Jun 29, 2011 at 11:42 PM
    Darth Tater

Darth Tater If I can't get you out, neither can anyone else.

Member:
    First Name:
    Marlin
    Las Vegas, Nevada!!
    Vehicle:
    06 4X4 Taco, ARB, DBL Cab
    ARB,WARN 8K (F&R), 3" lift, Snugtop, tube steps, factory roof rack, Dick Cepeks,
    I have an 06, that has never had the TSB. :(
    I took it to my local dealer, and they were willing to do it, but the extended warranty people though Toyota Financial said they wouldn't pay for it. According to them, it is an "upgrade" and they wouldn't pay for it. I am going to load the four wheeler in the truck, and take it to the dealership, and see if they will help me out. It gets awful low with the Polaris in the back. Any ideas??? Is there a number I can call?? Ghostbusters maybe??

4. Jun 30, 2011 at 9:14 AM
    genxer36

genxer36 [OP] Lord of Tomfoolery

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Bethlehem,GA
    Tow package, XM Satellite radio, K & N Air filter, & Channel Vent Visors
    No need to load it up. Just mention you would like the harsh ride TSB & then say you are having sagging when carrying heavy loads.

All I did was say to the lady technical writer(she is on the rightside desk on the end. I was in yesterday, just mention to here about Sean with the blue Tacoma that was in ) is that I wanted to get it to stop the sagging when carrying heavy loads or towing. They aren't worried if you are lying. They will make good money on it from toyota.

There really isn't any sag when towing .

5. Jun 30, 2011 at 9:17 AM
    gonzo6up

gonzo6up Well-Known Member

Member:
    Middle Tn
    Vehicle:
    09 tacoma SR5 4x4 sport
    tint/ vent visors/ seatbelt chime mod/ DTRL Mod
    I wonder if i can still get mine done? I was approved for the TSB but things came up and i couldn't make it to the dealer and now I'm about 30K over my 36K warranty.

6. Jun 30, 2011 at 9:20 AM
    transplant

transplant resident know-nothing

Member:
    First Name:
    theo
    Crestline, Ca
    Vehicle:
    89 sr5, 99 OR, 11sport, 14 offroad
    killer dude! thank you!
    ive got to have them look at the erratic downshifting deal im having.. or atleast.. oddly timed downshifting.. i thought my brakes were grabby for a few weeks.. then i noticed it was just downshifting a little rough on me when i was on the brakes.. its a little late in the day for me to roll up there now.. but tomorrows another day!

7. Jul 6, 2011 at 1:22 PM
    KingMoo

KingMoo Well-Known Member

Member:
    Calgary
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Sport
    -LIFT: 5100 bilsteins all around (set at 0.85 in front) eibach coils 2" AAL -D-RINGS -BED COVER rollaway
    I walked into the dealership and told them about my "harsh ride under load" issue and my an issue with my truck picking a low gear when resuming from coasting for a few seconds (I read hear that a computer reset fixed this issue... and I told them about that).

They booked me for a full day appointment to check these issues. First of all, are they going to load my vehicle with 5000 pounds and joy ride it? Second, if they do find it to be an issue they will order the parts and ask me to bring the vehicle back a second time. The hassle may not even be worth it at the moment. Perhaps I should wait until it's in the shop for real repairs to get the TSB.

Is this the norm or should I call them back and try to get them to order the leafs before I turn up for the first inspection?

8. Jul 6, 2011 at 1:27 PM
    BulletToothTony

BulletToothTony You’ll have that on these big jobs.

Member:
    First Name:
    You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
    I would try another dealership, the one i went to i just simply told them i was having the problem. They didnt look at my truck or nothing, they simply ordered the parts and installed them a few days later.

9. Jul 6, 2011 at 1:46 PM
    KingMoo

Member:
    Calgary
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Sport
    -LIFT: 5100 bilsteins all around (set at 0.85 in front) eibach coils 2" AAL -D-RINGS -BED COVER rollaway
    I probably should have mentioned that I'm in Canada so there's a good chance they don't know about the TSB since Canadian Tacomas have 4 leafs stock...

10. Jul 6, 2011 at 2:04 PM
    Steves104x4

Steves104x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Buffalo NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 RC 2.7 4x4
    BUCKLE UP! It makes it harder for Aliens to pull you out of your Truck.
    Well, I'll see if they are going to do the leaf springs on my Reg cab. Spoke to service manager and told him I've got a harsh ride and the leafs are flat.

Wednesday July 13 is going to be a big day for my truck; Leaf TSB, throw out bearing in trans, air bag light on and reseal the windshield. I'll try and get pics of this thing ripped to pieces.

11. Jul 6, 2011 at 2:10 PM
    olgzr

olgzr Well-Known Member

Member:
    Denton, Tx
    When I took my truck in, I told the service writer about the harsh ride when loaded as well as another issue. He told a second service writer who actually wrote the service order but he failed to mention the "when loaded" part. They fixed the one issue and "drove my truck and a new one on the lot" and decided that my truck drove normally. After explaining that the problem was "when loaded", they decided to order the parts after telling me I was not going to like the ride unloaded. I had to bring the truck back for the TSB as the parts took a few days to arrive.

12. Jul 6, 2011 at 2:15 PM
    KingMoo

Member:
    Calgary
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Sport
    So do I have anything to lose by calling back a couple days before my appointment and saying that I did some "research" and that this is a common problem in USA Tacomas and that there's a TSB for it?

I just don't want my truck to be in the shop all day for them to come back and say "we found the problem. There's actually a TSB for it. We ordered the parts..."

13. Jul 6, 2011 at 2:16 PM
    Steves104x4

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Buffalo NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 RC 2.7 4x4
    I don't know if the "harsh ride" thing on a reg cab has ever been an issue with Toyota but I do have the cap on it and whatever happens is OK, I guess.

I really want to get that throw out bearing done, the windshield re sealed and that air bag light problem solved.

14. Jul 6, 2011 at 2:33 PM
    AuburnTaco

AuburnTaco Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Auburn
    Vehicle:
    Black 2010 4x4 SR5 DC
    Wind deflectors, bug and stone deflector, RollBak Tonneau Cover
    I have major squeaking going on and when I got my 10k check up the guy said "we'll make a note of it." That was before I joined this site and knew there was a TSB out on it. I was wondering if yall already have lifts installed because my uncle is supposed to help me install my lift this weekend. Would that void any warranty on anything, would I still be able to qualify for the TSB? I haven't checked whether or not it sags while towing anything since I don't do it very often.

15. Jul 6, 2011 at 3:01 PM
    olgzr

olgzr Well-Known Member

Member:
    Denton, Tx
    From what I've read on this forum, the Canadian trucks come from the factory with the TSB springs already on them. If so, your dealer is not going to redu what's already there.

16. Jul 6, 2011 at 3:47 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Kingmoo , if you bought your '11 in Canada , you already have the 4 leaf pack .

3 leafs plus the overload IS the TSB pack which comes standard on the Canadian trucks

17. Jul 6, 2011 at 4:09 PM
    babytruck

babytruck Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)

Member:
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2010 Barcelona AC 4x4 4.0 6spd
    Guys,

When you complain to the service dept they HAVE to inspect your vehicle. They look to make sure you have 3 leaves, to see if the bumper stops have been bumped, and they check your VIN. NOT ALL Tacomas fall under the TSB.

Check to see if the first three digits of your VIN are in here on the first page of the link below. Read through the TSB, it tells you what exactly they do. Only certain trucks from certain plants fall under this.

They don't add a leaf, they install a whole new pack, bumper stops and if applicable, new shocks. An alignment is also included. That is why it costs so much.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/50799638/T-SB-0359-10

18. Jul 6, 2011 at 4:17 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    All the US trucks come with 3 leaf springs , 2 plus the overload

19. Jul 6, 2011 at 4:45 PM
    Steves104x4

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Buffalo NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 RC 2.7 4x4
    I'll have to rub a rusty piece of metal on my bump stops and see if that works.

20. Jul 6, 2011 at 4:54 PM
    joallen30

joallen30 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Portland, ME
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma
    I just had my springs replaced yesterday. Took them a couple of hours, and all I had to mention to them is that my truck "sagged" while hauling my boat. They looked it up, scheduled it, and fixed it without a question.

When I picked it up I asked them to turn off the seat belt chime, they had me make another appointment for next week to hook it to the scan tool. Mine is a 2011 with the new gauges so I hope it works.........but they said they could do it for me.

Products Discussed in

To Top