1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Are you having problems getting rear spring TSB for 2nd Gen?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by genxer36, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Aug 1, 2011 at 1:25 AM
    genxer36

genxer36 [OP] Lord of Tomfoolery

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Bethlehem,GA
    Tow package, XM Satellite radio, K & N Air filter, & Channel Vent Visors
    Probably because the dealer didn't call Toyota & just said they did.

This is something they do not have to call about. All the info is on their computers. You just have to ask the right questions to get it done. Toyota has mandated that the customer has to say certain phrases to be allowed to have the TSB. One of the phrases is : "Harsh ride".

2. Aug 2, 2011 at 5:48 AM
    2011TRD

2011TRD Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD OFF ROAD
    I called Toyota direct after I was denied. I got the number off this site

3. Aug 2, 2011 at 7:46 AM
    KingMoo

KingMoo Well-Known Member

Member:
    Calgary
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Sport
    -LIFT: 5100 bilsteins all around (set at 0.85 in front) eibach coils 2" AAL -D-RINGS -BED COVER rollaway
    I'm wondering if I need to deal with Toyota USA. Toyota Canada has denied the TSB because they say that it's not a warranty issue, just a bulletin for American Tacomas...

4. Aug 2, 2011 at 8:16 AM
    Hughesc99

Hughesc99 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Derby, KS
    did you buy your truck in Canada? look at your truck and see if it has 4 leafs in it (3+1 overload). if it does you already have the upgraded pack. all canadian bought Tacomas should have the 4 leafs already

Edit: disregard...i just saw another post from you that said you bought it in the US

5. Aug 2, 2011 at 9:17 AM
    taco420

taco420 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Virginia
    stock TRD offroad
    Hey guys, quick question.
    Do the leaf springs they put on look any different than the stock ones?
    I just bought a used 2010 DC TRD OR with 10K miles. wondering if theres a way I can tell if this TSB was already performed.

aside from putting something heavy back there... whats can I load up....

thanks

6. Aug 2, 2011 at 1:23 PM
    KingMoo

Member:
    Calgary
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Sport
    -LIFT: 5100 bilsteins all around (set at 0.85 in front) eibach coils 2" AAL -D-RINGS -BED COVER rollaway
    yes they look very different. 3 leafs instead of 4

edit: I found an easy way to test is to get a load of sand/gravel/soil/etc... because then you'll know the exact weight in the truck

7. Aug 2, 2011 at 4:31 PM
    potacomac

potacomac Member

Member:
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    SR5 Indigo
    Hopeful Newbe went in today... had an appointment to see if it was covered. My warranty expired at the end of may (poof!) This brings me to a question or two if someone has an answer I would be thankful.

Is there a thread on which components to use for better load carrying capacity with the 2WD AC (6' bed)

And a recommended lift kit height for the same truck (2WD).

Also, I have been looking for a good skid plate just for the front.

Any comments would be appreciated, thanks

8. Aug 2, 2011 at 6:08 PM
    taco420

taco420 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Virginia
    stock TRD offroad
    Thanks KingMoo. going outside to check right now... I have 3.
    Welp looks like I gotta do this.

Thanks for the information. Already got my dealer mapped out thanks to the other thread about dealers who have already done this for other members.

9. Aug 9, 2011 at 8:13 PM
    stormy1911

stormy1911 New Member

Member:
    Denver Area
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Off Road
    Hello and Thank You to all of you who have paved the way to clarify what needs to be said and done to have this TSB done. I have a 2011 DC OR and with 4 people in the truck, my lab, a chain saw and two small suitcases I was bottoming out on everything and was VERY frustrated! Came here and found this thread and what a huge relief! I went to my dealer and said exactly what "genexer36" said and they took care of the problem immediately and even had the springs in stock and ready to go! I received great service and the ride is GREAT. I would HIGHLY recommend this anyone with at DC!

Thanks Again to all of you who provided such great information and detail!

10. Aug 10, 2011 at 6:57 AM
    Bolt79

Bolt79 Well-Known Member

Member:
    White Springs, FL
    Vehicle:
    2022 Lunar Rock Trail Edition
    Screen ProTech kit, JDMCAR center console organizer, JDMCAR Center Console Armrest Cushion, Toyota door sill protectors, Black Toyota tailgate letter inserts
    I'm sitting at Valdosta Toyota in Valdosta, GA right now having the TSB installed on my 2011 DC 4x4. I brought the truck in yesterday for its 5000 mile service and mention that the truck rode "harsh" when loaded with 500 to 600 pounds of payload. At first they said the truck looked fine to them and they said that they were not aware of any TSB's or recalls reguarding the issue. Luckily, I had a copy of the TSB in the truck, so I showed it to them and they said, no problem, they would have the parts the next morning if I wanted it done. So, here I am awaiting the results...I sure hope it turns out right!

11. Aug 11, 2011 at 9:46 AM
    KingMoo

Member:
    Calgary
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Sport
    Is 5000 mile service just an oil change? I just hit 5000...

I've had no luck so far getting the TSB but I perhaps if I keep complaining they'll give it sooner or later

12. Aug 11, 2011 at 11:34 AM
    Bolt79

Bolt79 Well-Known Member

Member:
    White Springs, FL
    Vehicle:
    2022 Lunar Rock Trail Edition
    Screen ProTech kit, JDMCAR center console organizer, JDMCAR Center Console Armrest Cushion, Toyota door sill protectors, Black Toyota tailgate letter inserts
    Yea, 5000 mile service was only an oil change for me. Thought they might rotate the tires but that didn't happen.

As for getting the TSB, If taliking to the dealer didn't work, then I'd recommend contacting Toyota Customer Service at 800-331-4331. Be sure to mention that the truck's ride is harsh when loaded.

13. Aug 11, 2011 at 11:43 PM
    transplant

transplant resident know-nothing

Member:
    First Name:
    theo
    Crestline, Ca
    Vehicle:
    89 sr5, 99 OR, 11sport, 14 offroad
    uhh.. rotating the tires was in my service agreement. id bitch. shit.. how much did you pay for that truck? i think rotating the tires isnt much to ask.

14. Aug 26, 2011 at 4:26 PM
    Fox 21 Alpha

Fox 21 Alpha Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brendan
    Western PA
    Vehicle:
    07 Access Cab V6 6spd Off Road
    I'm trying to figure out if I can get this done on my 07 with like 17kish, give or take a 1k or 2. I bought the truck with 8500 miles on it in May of this year, and I got it certified as the one guy said he had, so I have a 12k/1 year comprehensive warranty, which like he said, leads to the confusion.

I mentioned it one day at the dealer, and the guy found it after calling back to the manager, but said they had to be broke to be covered under the warranty, and then recommended I go to a spring/suspension shop and see if they can "shore it up" some. WTF....

I carry a motorcycle in it, and never noticed much, besides it squeaks and rides a little shitty, but its my first truck so I thought that was normal lol. Guess I'll load it up and take a look at the springs. I need to tow cars in the near future on trailers so I want this to be done. Anyone got a boat I can borrow to hook up to this baby?

15. Sep 4, 2011 at 5:15 PM
    genxer36

genxer36 [OP] Lord of Tomfoolery

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Bethlehem,GA
    Tow package, XM Satellite radio, K & N Air filter, & Channel Vent Visors
    Here is the word for word on my service record when I got my TSB. I was able to see the summary of all my services on the Toyota Owners website.

C/SSTATES HARSH RIDE FROM THE REAR WHILE CARRYING HEAVY CARGO IN THE BED ~|~REAR LEAF SPRINGS HAVE WEAK METAL FORMATED AT ASSY CAUSE HARSH RIDE ~|~6667 REAR LEAF SPRINGS HAVE WEAK MEATAL FORMNED AT ASSEMBLY THAT CAUSES HARSH RIDE WHEN LOAD IS BEING TOWED OR WHEN HAULING HEAVY CARGO REPLACE REAR LEAF SPRINGS,PERFORM ALIGN CHECK AND ADJUST PER TSB0359-10 RELEASED DECEMBER 21, 2010 FOR 2011 MODEL OP#S U7003 COMBO C D E F T134 T2 14FP #48210-04550 3.1HRS

16. Sep 5, 2011 at 6:56 AM
    Fagro

Fagro Active Member

Member:
    RI
    Vehicle:
    10 DC LB SR5
    Extang Trifecta, LED Console lighting, VentShades
    I had no problem getting it done. I called for an appointment for 10k service, and mentioned the ride issue under load. They said drop it off, we have the springs in stock.
    They did warn me that it would result in a stiffer ride. It may be a little stiffer, but not nearly as bad as I thought it would be.
    It leveled the rear out too. I have a cap and always carry have stuff in the back.

17. Sep 5, 2011 at 8:22 AM
    Reel Tuff

Reel Tuff Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    western Pa.
    Vehicle:
    2014 tacoma sport DC
    Wet okoles,weather tech digital mats,Tacoma bed mat and stage II light kit, LP & 3rd brake
    Do I I need this TBS, if I order the ultimate lift with dakar rear leafs? Not real familar with lifts, other than I like the looks of the truck. Thanks

18. Sep 5, 2011 at 8:34 AM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    No

19. Sep 13, 2011 at 10:03 PM
    HB Taco

HB Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Curt
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Vehicle:
    2019 F150 FX4 S Crew 3.5 TT
    I got mine done no problem. Didn't get a loaner though, but I didn't ask. Had my bike in the back along with about 200lbs of stuff including tonneau. It still bottoms out - same speed, same load, same dip in the road???? Maybe because my springs were pretty new to begin with. It does sit a bit higher because of the extra leaf but I swear its almost as flat as before with the same load?

20. Sep 13, 2011 at 10:05 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    The TSB leafs suck , there is just an extra one of them

Products Discussed in

To Top