1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Are you saved?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by steelerfan7p, Apr 18, 2010.

?

Do you consider yourself a born-again Christian?

Poll closed Jul 17, 2010.
  1. Yes

111 vote(s)
    44.2%
  2. No

126 vote(s)
    50.2%
  3. Don't know what this is/not sure

14 vote(s)
    5.6%
  1. Apr 18, 2010 at 9:14 PM
    MOT

MOT Prez of @BattleBornToyotas

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    08 DB DC 4X4 Sr5 Sport
    Black Housing Head, Custom Retro fit, T-Rex #2 Eyelids 50 inch ToughLight Radius Bar and 2 20 inch Bars behind grill with BAMF mount, T-Rex #2 Eyelids, Custom Vegas Dezert Fab Front Bumper and Rock Sliders,Wet Okole's, WeatherTech Mats, Magnaflow Exhaust, Pro Comp 6 InchStage 2 Lift, K&N Intake,
  2. Apr 18, 2010 at 9:18 PM
    mortuusangelus

mortuusangelus Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Slate Hill, NY
    Vehicle:
    no truck now :(
    I've been to church, spoken with a couple priests, etc. etc. I just can not get behind.. well, basically what George Carlin up there described.. the invisible man who has 10 things you can't do, if you don't follow his "Word" you will burn in hell.. blah blah. So... yeah, Agnostic.. something higher than us? Sure... The "God" of organized religions? No... sorry :)

3. Apr 18, 2010 at 9:30 PM
    ILove2Drive

ILove2Drive Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    WV
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma 4X4 5 Speed Manual
    Halo headlights, Black tail light covers, dual exhaust, 5100s front and rear, eibach coils, wheelers 1.5 AAL, window tint, bow arrow antenna, bull bar, painted grille emblem, debadged, raceline rims, a few decals, CB radio, alpine HU, husky floor liners, tool box, mesh grill...and more to come eventually
    Yes I do, we have an awesome God! I am so thankful for everything God does to take care of me every day, it's a huge blessing to always have Him to call on!

4. Apr 18, 2010 at 11:29 PM
    Kelson

Kelson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelson
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 5-Lug Reg. Cab SR5
    SR5 Exterior/Interior (Color matched Front Bumper, Chrome Grille Surround and Chrome Rear Bumper/Silver Scoshe Dash Kit, A/C Bezel, A/C Vent Surround) LED license plate and white interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, iPad in-Dash, JL CL-RLC, JL 13TW5 sub, JL 500/1 Slash V1 amp, JL XR 6.5 Components, Rockford Fosgate 6X9s in Boxes Front XRunner Coils, DJM Control Arms and Rear 4X4 Leafs, Custom 2" Angled Streetacos.com Blocks Front XR Bilstien Struts and Rear XR Bilstien Shocks, CravenSpeen Antennae, RX-8 Rims w/ Fronts:235/40-R18 Sumitomo HTR Rears:245/40-R18 Goodyear Eagle GT, 35% Tint front windows, OEM Sliding Privacy Glass w/ 5% Ceramic Tint, Flowmaster Super 44 dumped before the axle, URD Short Throw Shifter, Door Sill Protectors, Door Edge Guards, OEM Sport Pedals,The Retrofit Source Morimoto Mini D2S Stage III 35W 5K HID Headlights, OEM Fog Lights w/ piss yellow bulbs, OEM Cruise Control, Porsche 944 Bucket Seats, BeefedTaco Skid Plate, Whale
    bac's are scary lol

5. Apr 18, 2010 at 11:33 PM
    AvsFanTRD

AvsFanTRD Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch!

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD Off Road Black
    rear suspension TSB, sockmonkey bed decals, weathertech floor liners, TRD seat covers, tailgate pop n lock, rear diff breather relocation, center console lock, Viper Alarm, extra D-rings in bed, 5100's on all 4 corners
  6. Apr 18, 2010 at 11:35 PM
    SurfInferno

SurfInferno Dont be stupid, its not smart.

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Littleton, CO
    Vehicle:
    2001 DC
    ^^^ i like

7. Apr 18, 2010 at 11:38 PM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.

x2.

:locked:

8. Apr 18, 2010 at 11:52 PM
    Crom

Crom Super-Deluxe Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 DCSB Camp Supreme
    Millions
    I'm going to burn like the heathen kings of old. :bananadead: Haha.

:locked:

9. Apr 19, 2010 at 12:19 AM
    4He>I

4He>I Member

Member:
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    '09 PreRunner TRD Offroad
    TRD CAI and exhaust, Jack In The Box antenna ball
    Yes. I was baptized as a baby in the Catholic church. Made a conscious choice as an adult to accept JC as my lord and savior and got baptized again in a non-catholic church.

10. Apr 19, 2010 at 12:21 AM
    3.4PDM

3.4PDM Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hey here's an idea.. It might just work

Take all of the worlds religion and make just one law.

Keep your religion to yourself and do not try to make others follow or force your belief

I think you will find it amazing at how fast peace in the world becomes a reality.

Religion is not God's fault..

11. Apr 19, 2010 at 12:29 AM
    SoCalBlack08

SoCalBlack08 Well-Known Member

Member:
    CA
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner DC
    i saved a lot of money by switching to geico if that counts:devil:

12. Apr 19, 2010 at 12:58 AM
    puddlejumper

puddlejumper Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    South Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Rugged Trail Edition
    Homemade Rear Hi-Clear. Rear Bumper, ARB Front w/Fog Light Option. Superwinch EPi9.0s with Amsteel Blue. Going to make sliders, skids and bed cage/box, I have a camper shell for long range travel. Vision X Tantrum Lights for being a "pimp in the bush", Cobra CB, lots of tools and random junk that helps to add traction due to weight.
    I once stayed at a Holiday Inn! How 'bout that?

I am Catholic. I was raised in an interesting household. My father is Catholic and my mother is LDS/Mormon. What a combo! I went to church with my mom one week and then my dad the following week-so I saw the similarities and differences of two religions. When I was old enough to make my own decisions-15 or so-I let my mother know that I no longer wished to attend services with her. She was okay with that. I have always held the belief that religion is one's own way of choosing to worship and that religion should not be forced upon others. My sister, a Catholic/Mormon got married to a Baptist in a Lutheran Church by a Episcopal minister and then we all went to a Catholic Church Hall and had a reception that included beer which was derived from Mead that was invented by Monks....haha. I choose to worship Jesus Christ...I do not particularly care whom or what my neighbor worships as long as it does not directly affect my faith or ability to worship. Here is a quick run down of the Catholic viewpoint of being "born again"....
    http://www.catholic.com/library/Are_Catholics_Born_Again.asp

13. Apr 19, 2010 at 1:56 AM
    Caduceus

Caduceus Well-Known Member

Member:
    in the Bluegrass
    Vehicle:
    09 DCSB TRD 4x4
    a-fucking-men

And here's the other thing! Why is it when things go well you thank God (like he gives a crap at your football game), or when it goes bad "it's God's will?" What happened to "well, I screwed up and forgot to plan for that possibility" and taking responsibility?

14. Apr 19, 2010 at 2:25 AM
    gupster88

gupster88 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Almost Heaven, WV
    Vehicle:
    2021 Cement Grey Off Road
    Stock
    i consider myself a God-fearing Christian. but am i living the way i should, no :anonymous:

15. Apr 19, 2010 at 5:00 AM
    05 TRD Sport

05 TRD Sport She's Fat, I'm Drunk, It's On.

Member:
    30 minutes south of Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    Red Prerunner AC
    I've been listening to the Reverend Horton Heat http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfkZgvJGgU4

16. Apr 19, 2010 at 5:31 AM
    rhodehard09

rhodehard09 sometimes nonsense is the only sense someone has

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    tampa, fl
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road 4x4 doublecab
    3" lift, allpro u-bolt flip kit,285/75/16 km2s, hella hid lights, hid conversions for headlights and foglights, led everything, debadged, 9145 reverse light bulbs, black tail lights, black headlight mod,trail-gear rock sliders, dynomax ultra flo muffler,satoshi with custom woven stainless grill,hella 100watt floods in grill, pioneer 4100 in dash dvd player, pioneer 800watt 4 channel amp, pioneer 4way 6x9s, pioneer 4 way 6.5s, 2 rockford p3 10's,rockford power 500.1 mono amp w/bass knob, 7 pin relocated, highlift and mount in bed, diff breather mod, led bed lights, secondary air filter removed,t-rex eyelids, mefab bumper bar, muddy under carriage
    Be careful, the invisible man who lives in the sky is watching!!!!
    oh yeah, Santa, the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy are up there too.
    we grow up being told so many lies. how are we supposed to know what the truth is?

:locked:please

17. Apr 19, 2010 at 5:33 AM
    paintdiddy

paintdiddy Machine gun shits

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    nj and not from "the jersey shore"
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    yeah.just lock this shit now

18. Apr 19, 2010 at 5:47 AM
    hillbillynwv

hillbillynwv Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fairmont, WV
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma 6MT TRD Pro
    Falken Wildpeak MT 285's
    A very interesting Monday morning thread.........and the one with the most users and guests viewing.

19. Apr 19, 2010 at 8:57 AM
    JDMcompliant

JDMcompliant Professional Amateur

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma 4x4 4.0L V6
    I am, and I'm a youth leader as well. I've made many effed up decisions in my lifetime and I hope to pass what I've learned through those decisions to other kids in similar situations. But as always, I consider experience the best teacher and won't hammer on any of my kids if they choose that route.

That being said - I am a Christian but I've always hated religion for the sake of religion. Like some posters said earlier, it's more of a relationship...and that may be hard for some to understand.

20. Apr 19, 2010 at 9:08 AM
    kilgoja

kilgoja Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2009 regular cab 4x4 2.7L (silver)
    :mudding:
    yeah it's about a relationship with God...there is no such thing as a perfect church...since no person is perfect...and the world is screwed up because of imperfect people...not because of God...God set it up to be perfect at first then we took a bite from the apple and screwed everything up....and we still do it every day and expect things to get better.....it's pretty simple really....all we have to do is admit that we screw up and accept that Jesus died for our sins cuz He loved us and knew we were screw ups...and then do our best to grow and get better and screw up less and live for God rather than for our stupid desires for things that don't really mean anything...is it a struggle? is it hard? yes it is...that's why we all mess up even after we are born again....even christians doubt God and stuff...i don't think people realize that...we as christians aren't perfect either....we don't have it all figured out...we are just as confused as everyone else sometimes....but that's where faith comes in...we believe in God and his guidance for our lives to help us through situations and to give us a purpose or a vision to pursue...which everyone has to have something they are living for or otherwise there is no point to live...i think what makes it so hard is that the road isn't always clear or easy or straight...there's alot of mudholes, rocks, and sharp curves along the way...do we all make it through?...no....alot of people get stuck or flip over...but we gotta keep moving forward just like toyota :)

Products Discussed in

To Top