1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Arizona Prop 203

Discussion in 'Arizona' started by CaptMorgan, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Aug 25, 2010 at 9:03 PM
    CaptMorgan

CaptMorgan [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tempe
    Lift, tires, aux-in, LED Taillights, Flowmaster
    Just wanted to get a pulse of who is planning to vote this November and more specifically, YES for prop 203

Prop 203 is the initiative to legalize medicinal marijuana in the state of AZ

the official ballot initiative can be found

http://www.azsos.gov/election/2010/General/BallotMeasures.htm

the actual verbiage of the prop found

http://www.azsos.gov/election/2010/general/ballotmeasuretext/I-04-2010.pdf

I for one am an advocate for the decriminalization of marijuana and for medical benefits of medicinal marijuana

2ndGenJonny likes this.
  2. Aug 25, 2010 at 9:17 PM
    stmpjmpr

stmpjmpr Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    So Orange County, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma Sport MGM 4X4
    We in CA also voting for legalization of POT.

3. Aug 25, 2010 at 9:25 PM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    whos got 2 thumbs and will be voting YES?!?!?!?!?!

This guy :woot: I dont even smoke and I want it legal!!! :cool:

2ndGenJonny likes this.
  4. Aug 25, 2010 at 9:25 PM
    CaptMorgan

Member:
    Tempe
    I know, i am from CA. I am wondering if it will pass. Seems like the industry works right now for the old timers, making it fully legal will basically put those people out of work

5. Aug 25, 2010 at 9:26 PM
    Masada

Masada Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Laveen, AZ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Off Road
    All Pro Steel Plate Front Bumper| All Pro Light Bar| All Pro IFS Skid Plate| All Pro E-locker guard| PIAA 510 Fog Lights| Hella 700FF| Fox 2.5 Coilover| Bilstein 5100 on the rear| BHLM| Grill Craft MX Series insert| Added two D-rings to bed|AVID Off Road sliders| AFE Dry Flow S| Gibson Cat Back| Custom Bedbar with hilift mount| Camburg 1" Uni-Ball UCA's| Hi-Lift 48" Extreme
    No for me here.

6. Aug 25, 2010 at 9:28 PM
    08pretaco

08pretaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra 4x4 CM 5.7L SR5
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    If they do legalize it will it not help pay off the nations debt lol

All they have to do is legalize and tax the shit out of it and all the pot heads will do something beneficial for the country haha jk

7. Aug 25, 2010 at 9:30 PM
    stmpjmpr

stmpjmpr Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    So Orange County, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma Sport MGM 4X4
    Ca could use the tax dollars they project. Not sure how I feel, but if i had to choose now, it would be no, even though I drink beer and it would be like the same.

8. Aug 25, 2010 at 10:02 PM
    CaptMorgan

Member:
    Tempe
    Thats one of the things I hope a lot of people come to see, there are much worse things that offer no positive benefits that are legal such as cigarettes, yet they are legal.

Aside from the marijuana I also hope to see reform on hemp

9. Aug 26, 2010 at 12:26 AM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZqYV9KKOZQ&feature=related

:cool:

I don't see the problem with it...i mean there's laws for using alcohol and we see how well those work :rolleyes: Do you guys have any idea how many alcohol related deaths there are a year in the US alone?? 75,000!!!! :eek: I'm just saying I think Pot is the better (if there is such a thing) drug outta the 2 :anonymous: But thats just my .02
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6089353/

Edit: And they DO prescribe Marijuana now...its just in a pill form called "Marinol" I've seen patients on it at the hospital...and look at all the other drugs that are Opiate based...those are addicting as hell and worse for you!! Percoset, Oxycontin and Morphine are all "like" legal Heroine! So whats difference is Pot gonna make? IMO legalizing would free up some jail space for "actual" criminals!! Now i'm not saying that it shouldn't be regulated and I'm not saying that there shouldn't be consequences for using it at inappropriate times (work, driving)! They should just treat pot like alcohol! I read in an article thats the Government could have made a little over a Billion Dollars of Pot last year alone! But like I said above, I don't smoke pot nor do I encourage others too...i'm just saying that having Pot illegal and booz legal is a little like wiping before you poop....it don't make sense :eek:

10. Aug 26, 2010 at 12:42 AM
    dysfunctnlretard

dysfunctnlretard Hi

Member:
    First Name:
    Manny
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2021 Jeep Rubicon
    No on 8 because I'm straight :anonymous:

11. Aug 26, 2010 at 3:38 AM
    Jetta1cab

Jetta1cab Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Carlos
    Yuma, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport PreRunner
    Bilstein 5100s @ 0 with OME885x coils. Toyota Rear TSB. Billet grill inserts.
    Ummm... no! :cool:

12. Aug 26, 2010 at 4:06 AM
    tegdog

tegdog Taco Lover

Member:
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma Dbl TRD Sport
    ventvisors,seatcovers, bug shield,TRD CAI,TRD CAT BACK,blacked out emblems,bed extender, TSB leaf pack,Pro Dry filter, Grill craft upper, lower, & triangles, Hella 500 Black magics
    I agree with colts TRD, I am not from Arizona but if it came up in my state I would vote yes. I don't smoke but do work in healthcare & see people every day wasting away from nausea associated with chemo their quality of life is zero. I have seen patients improve who have told me they started using pot it was either that or kill themselves cause they couldn't keep anything down & life wasn't worth living. I am talking about former school teachers,firemen, even retired cops - not your typical "burnouts" people invision when this topic comes up. Who am I (or you for that matter) to say others should suffer because I/we don't agree with their choices if they don't drive, don't do it in public, & don't deal or push it on others who are they harming. How many Americans die everyday from Tobacco usage & that shit is legal, how bout the number of deaths from alcohol related illnesses trust me the numbers are staggering. It's time for us to wake up in this country & realize marijuana is not the great evil our government portrayed it to be in our parents & grandparents day, their are people in prison doing more time for marijuana possesion than people who have committed rape. Wheres the justice in that?

13. Aug 26, 2010 at 5:23 AM
    Masada

Masada Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Laveen, AZ
    Vehicle:
    All Pro Steel Plate Front Bumper| All Pro Light Bar| All Pro IFS Skid Plate| All Pro E-locker guard| PIAA 510 Fog Lights| Hella 700FF| Fox 2.5 Coilover| Bilstein 5100 on the rear| BHLM| Grill Craft MX Series insert| Added two D-rings to bed|AVID Off Road sliders| AFE Dry Flow S| Gibson Cat Back| Custom Bedbar with hilift mount| Camburg 1" Uni-Ball UCA's| Hi-Lift 48" Extreme
    Isn't it a shame that people have used a drug that has potential medicinal function for the wrong reasons and it now has such a negative conotation?

But as Scott has already shown us, there are other prescribed drugs that extract the medicinal function of the drug that people can take. As far as personal use, there is no reason whatsoever pot is needed or should be consumed we already have enough crap in our country that causes bad helth and death from stupidity, why add to it?

lol just thought of something kind of funny; This is taking green living too far :laugh:

14. Aug 26, 2010 at 5:51 AM
    Masada

Masada Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Laveen, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Um...do we have to hold hands now or how does this work?

:p

15. Aug 26, 2010 at 5:54 AM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is going full "SANDWICH" Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+295k AND COUNTING), 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0L
    Some stuff. Not a lot, just some.
  16. Aug 26, 2010 at 5:56 AM
    iSTIZO99

iSTIZO99 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Jax, FL
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport 4x4 DC/SB
  17. Aug 26, 2010 at 6:04 AM
    Masada

Masada Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Laveen, AZ
    Vehicle:
    I think I can agree with you on that...:cool:

18. Aug 26, 2010 at 6:27 AM
    Danzer

Danzer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Peoria
    Vehicle:
    22 SR5 4x4 AT
    Stock for now
    I'll be voting Yes. It never should of been illegal in the first place.

19. Aug 26, 2010 at 8:35 AM
    tegdog

tegdog Taco Lover

Member:
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma Dbl TRD Sport
    ventvisors,seatcovers, bug shield,TRD CAI,TRD CAT BACK,blacked out emblems,bed extender, TSB leaf pack,Pro Dry filter, Grill craft upper, lower, & triangles, Hella 500 Black magics
    I can understand where your coming from Masada, marinol is an option for some the problem is bio-availability. Marinol the synthetic form of THC is only available in pill form to my knowledge.

The fastest/most effective way to get a drug into the system is through: 1)blood vessel(injection) 2) inhalation (smoking/vaporization) 3)ingestion (eating pill/infused food product), so as you can see taking a pill is the slowest & least easily absorbed method available.

Keep in mind we are talking about people who are wasting away from chronic nausea - imagine the worst flu like symptoms you have ever had or seen then multiply that X 10, then I ask the patient to swallow this tablet. These people can't keep down a glass of water let alone anything solid.

If we ever come up with a form of THC that can be taken IV I will be right there with you on this issue as I don't smoke either, until then I say legalize it for medicinal use only & ease these poor unfortunate souls pain.

20. Aug 26, 2010 at 8:59 AM
    Masada

Masada Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Laveen, AZ
    Vehicle:
    I understand what your saying, but you are talking about a very (I can't stress that enough) minority of cases. So under those very extreme and very limited circumstances then fine, but only under direct medical supervision and not at home or by one's self. I don't know enough about the law its self, but if it's anything like the one in Cali then we are not talking about people who are sick, but people that just want to get high. And to that I again say why legalize another form of of unhealthy living into the American diet? We already have enough issues to worry about.

Products Discussed in

To Top